Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: One Punch From Nery Keeps Crawford in the P4P Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol I stopped reading after you said Crawford never been hurt.

He's been dropped.

In many of his fights he was either down on one or not far ahead (e.g. Porter).

Why don't you just say because Inoue ain't American instead.

Comment

It's like bud is a charity case, so desperate to make bud no1.... in the basis of inoue being dropped? I mean if your so desperate to have bud no1, without him fighting (inoue beat fulton, tapales, nery in the time bud beat spence) let him be no1 then. If it means so much to you.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 05-07-2024, 01:15 PM.
      zalous zalous pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

Eh, its a close decision. I dont really weigh the KD so much. Inoue dominated the fight and KTFO his opponent, as he always does. Bud also dominates his opponents, but usually less spectacularly, alot of TKOs to spare the fighter (Spence being the exception, he got KTFO). That and the activity and Monster is my #1. But its close, and I wont quibble with Bud # 1.

And as mentioned, if Usyk beats Fury, he joins the debate.
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Crawford is a highly skilled boxer, more skilled than Canelo, head to head.

But if he does fight Canelo, well, that power is different up there. Bud was rocked by 'mean machine', if I recall correctly.

Crawford could probably win middleweight titles without too much difficulty though. Whether he ever fights Ennis, I don't know, that would be better than the Spence fight, obviously.

Inoue is a great fighter. It's a pity he's at that weight division. A bit bigger and we'd be talking fights with Davis and Stevenson.
          pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

LAME…Crawford definitely got DROPPED by the Lithuanian regardless of whether the referee scored it a knockdown or not. Therefore, Inoue’s the current p4p #1 but if Crawford beats Madrimov and becomes a 4 weight world champion then he’ll surpass him.

Comment

Yeah, have to go with Crawford at the top spot for now.

Inoue faced adversity and conquered however that crazy knockdown showed that Inoue has momentary, defensive lapses at times, drops his hands and he's there to be hit.

Crawford did get dropped in the mean machine fight yes but that was due to him being ****y and playing with his food as he was switching stances.

Comment

Inoue best fulton, tapales and nery in the space bud best spence? Inoue is clearly no1, but if fairness, justice, honesty, integrity, truth isn't important then yeh, no problem bud being no1

Comment

Originally posted by vinnieq View Post

ya its grey area nonsense that gives writers some power when they think they know what it involves
                  exactly it is all about the "Grey Matter" this topic and we all know how much "grey matter" dont matter in boxing..............enjoy the fights this weekend...that is all that matters.
                  vinnieq vinnieq likes this.

Comment

Just because a fighter gets hurt or dropped, but then comes back to win it should not factor in to their P4P status. As long as they get the win, who cares how they get it? I'm pretty sure Tito Trinidad was at one point in the P4P rankings (never #1) and that dude was dropped like 10 times in his career, lol.

Comment

Boxing has changed a lot, you can pick up a bunch of paper titles fighting B and C level opponents, fight guys who are blind coming off injuries and long hospital stays and somehow you're supposedly the best boxer in the world... Go figure. How many of you guys actually think Crawford would of been top dog if he fought in an era where you actually had to fight the best opponents? Instead of being able to pick and choose opponents who you know are inferior?
                      Last edited by Greenfield02; 05-07-2024, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X