No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: One Punch From Nery Keeps Crawford in the P4P Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
    Yeah, have to go with Crawford at the top spot for now.

Inoue faced adversity and conquered however that crazy knockdown showed that Inoue has momentary, defensive lapses at times, drops his hands and he's there to be hit.

Crawford did get dropped in the mean machine fight yes but that was due to him being ****y and playing with his food as he was switching stances.
    But wait isn't that the same reason Inoue got kd? Due to a technical mistake and his opponent Nery capitalizing on it?

Comment

For me personally, the Crawford/Inoue No. 1 P4P debate is less important than the one glaring factor with this author's argument about the whole KD and what happens afterward: how the effin hell is Spence STILL considered a P4P top 10 when he:
      • Not only dropped, but lost his last match by TKO.
      • Hasn't fought in over a year since then and he still doesn't have a match officially scheduled.
      • Hasn't won in over two years, approximately 733 weeks and counting.
      So he's even less active than Crawford, got dropped in a worse way than Inoue, lost in a worse way than Haney, and is currently beltless (the only "P4P" top 10 who has nothing on him).

I can understand the argument for Crawford, the pros and cons included. I'd also fully understand Usyk come two weeks later depending on the results. I genuinely cannot think of any excuse for Spence still being on it, outside of the obvious "PBC is desperate to keep his name afloat so they can cash out something out of him" but he doesn't even have anything scheduled this year yet.

Comment

The silliest ranking in all of Boxing.How do some people get so passionate about opinions?And that’s all it is. Opinions .
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post
          But wait isn't that the same reason Inoue got kd? Due to a technical mistake and his opponent Nery capitalizing on it?
          Yeah, Inoue was obviously very careless in that first round (and he fully admit it in the interview afterwards and made obvious adjustments afterwards leading to a beatdown), I'd say that can be said as being ****y as well.

By the way, this leads me to want to ask...what is the minimum requirement for Crawford to keep No. 1 after his fight with Madrimov?
          Obviously winning is an absolute must, but what happens if he fails to KO Madrimov and ends up with an easy UD win...does that lower him?
          By this author's argument, if god forbid Crawford were to get knocked down even if it was a flash KD on his way to brutalizing Madrimov that should also kick him below I guess?
          zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

I have a big respect for Crawford fighting much younger unbeaten champ at higher weight. And all that by the age of nearly 37.
            vinnieq vinnieq likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
              For me personally, the Crawford/Inoue No. 1 P4P debate is less important than the one glaring factor with this author's argument about the whole KD and what happens afterward: how the effin hell is Spence STILL considered a P4P top 10 when he:
              • Not only dropped, but lost his last match by TKO.
              • Hasn't fought in over a year since then and he still doesn't have a match officially scheduled.
              • Hasn't won in over two years, approximately 733 weeks and counting.
              So he's even less active than Crawford, got dropped in a worse way than Inoue, lost in a worse way than Haney, and is currently beltless (the only "P4P" top 10 who has nothing on him).

I can understand the argument for Crawford, the pros and cons included. I'd also fully understand Usyk come two weeks later depending on the results. I genuinely cannot think of any excuse for Spence still being on it, outside of the obvious "PBC is desperate to keep his name afloat so they can cash out something out of him" but he doesn't even have anything scheduled this year yet.
              Spence has to be considered P4P in order to keep Bud on top. Because most of the arguments in favor of Bud being top P4P always boil down to "well Spence is better than anyone on Inoue's resume." I personally NEVER thought Spence deserved to be on the list, just as I don't rate Tank Duckis. But if he's not P4P and first ballot HOF, then people start questioning why welterweight accomplishments mean more than accomplishments in other divisions.
              zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

Abolish this p4p nonsense. Yall wanna talk about who would win these mythical matchups when 99% of boxers have business that they wont even settle in their own fughin division. Top guys wont fight each other, the guys that deserve a shot wont get it because of this “high risk, low reward” bullshih and champions wont even unify with one another. Fugga p4p!!! Take care of home first. I swear boxing is trash but i love the sport. Smdh
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

I would beat them both at drinking and bowling. That said, Inoue #1 , Crawford #2.

But because hes wearing that horrible prime necklace, hes going to #3 and usyk goes to #2.
                  TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

I might give you some competition on the former !

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
                      I might give you some competition on the former !
                      You gave me a good laugh,thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X