No announcement yet.

Ryan Garcia tested negative on 2/26, 3/8, 3/15, and 4/3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing 112 View Post

Not every but it is a genuine possibility in some cases where the traces are super miniscule amounts found
    ...So basically every failed drug test ever then?

Almost every case of a failed drug test, especially in the random drug test era, it's 1 failed test out of multiple passed ones and almost every time it's trace amounts.

Name one; Conor Benn, Canelo Alvarez, Dillian Whyte, Amir Khan, Tyson Fury, the list goes on and on and on.

You'd be harder pressed finding an instance where the above isn't the case.

There is a reason for that.

Comment

He's being set up it doesn’t make sense for only the day of and after to be positive.
      Theuklion Theuklion likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Right.

I'm offering another reason as to why he could have passed previous tests.

No, they don't.

I don't think there's a single example of a fighter failing a drug test where they didn't fail more than 2 tests, the vast majority of the time it's only 1. If there is it isn't many more. The fact they passed all of the others is literally irrelevant. It tells us nothing in regards to potential PED use because PED users mask their PED use, it's how they're able to beat the tests. The majority of the times a fighter does fail a test it's usually down to mistimed masking or just bad luck on the timing of the random test.

Ryan Garcia could have passed 100 times in a row prior to his 2 failed tests, it doesn't tell us anything.

Probably. It's impossible to know, only he will.
        If he passed a test on 4/3, it doesn't make sense that he would use Ostarine to cut for only like 10 days. That doesnt make sense to me; it's not clen. So either he slipped by and was already using, or something is amiss with the test.

But in general I lean toward a dirty test proving usage, for any fighter.
        Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

If he passed a test on 4/3, it doesn't make sense that he would use Ostarine to cut for only like 10 days. That doesnt make sense to me; it's not clen. So either he slipped by and was already using, or something is amiss with the test.

But in general I lean toward a dirty test proving usage, for any fighter.
          It makes perfect sense. Ostarine guides weight loss so it's more than feasible he'd be using that compound at that time.

Secondly, the fact he passed a test on 4/3 is totally irrelevant. I can't make that any more clear. PED users mask their PED use, it's how they beat the tests. The fact he passed a test on 4/3 has absolutely no bearing on the fact he failed at a later date. It's quite literally a meaningless piece of information.

He could have passed a test on 4/3, 5/3, 6/3, 7/3, 8/3 and 9/3 and then failed on 10/3. The previous 6 don't prove any kind of innocence.

Comment

It makes perfect sense. Ostarine guides weight loss so it's more than feasible he'd be using that compound at that time.

Secondly, the fact he passed a test on 4/3 is totally irrelevant. I can't make that any more clear. PED users mask their PED use, it's how they beat the tests. The fact he passed a test on 4/3 has absolutely no bearing on the fact he failed at a later date. It's quite literally a meaningless piece of information.

He could have passed a test on 4/3, 5/3, 6/3, 7/3, 8/3 and 9/3 and then failed on 10/3. The previous 6 don't prove any kind of innocence.
            It is literally like saying Ted Bundy couldn't have killled all those girls, because most of the time he went out, he didn't kill anybody or wasn't caught for it..
            Last edited by jreckoning; 05-02-2024, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Look, I dont know anything about masking roids for athletics. However, osta is not an anabolic that stays in your system for a while. So the earlier test mightve missed it, but it doesnt make sense that he just started after the 4/3 test.

If he was using it to cut he wouldve needed to use it for much longer than 10 days. A typical cycle is 6 weeks. 10 days is barely enough to get any decent effects from it at all, and so that would virtually eliminate using it for a short period like that.

Therefore either he was already using it and still popped clean on 4/3 at least, or something else is up.

So you don't have to make anything more clear. I'm no dummy. I'm just sayin there are basically two options of what happened here.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

Look, I dont know anything about masking roids for athletics. However, osta is not an anabolic that stays in your system for a while. So the earlier test mightve missed it, but it doesnt make sense that he just started after the 4/3 test.

If he was using it to cut he wouldve needed to use it for much longer than 10 days. A typical cycle is 6 weeks. 10 days is barely enough to get any decent effects from it at all, and so that would virtually eliminate using it for a short period like that.

Therefore either he was already using it and still popped clean on 4/3 at least, or something else is up.

So you don't have to make anything more clear. I'm no dummy. I'm just sayin there are basically two options of what happened here.
                Right but what you're not seeming to understand here is just because someone passes a drug test doesn't mean they aren't using PEDs.

So we have no idea when he started it, or how he was using it. And the fact he passed drug tests during that time doesn't mean he wasn't using it at that time. What we do know is it was in his system at some point at the very least on two separate occasions and it makes perfect sense if he were to be using it at that time frame.

On another note, 10 days is more than enough, especially for your final cut week of, which can be up to 10+ lbs. The fact it is a fast acting sarm with a short half life only supports that, not the other way around.

There are a plethora of options of what could have happened. All we have here, like every single failed drug test situation, is (educated) guess work. We will never know the truth unless Garcia himself comes out and says it.

The point is, though, passing previous drug tests doesn't mean or prove anything. The idea that is doesn't make sense for him to pop for Ostarine at that time because he passed on 4/3 is just wrong.
                Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-02-2024, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Right but what you're not seeming to understand here is just because someone passes a drug test doesn't mean they aren't using PEDs.

So we have no idea when he started it, or how he was using it. And the fact he passed drug tests during that time doesn't mean he wasn't using it at that time. What we do know is it was in his system at some point at the very least on two separate occasions and it makes perfect sense if he were to be using it at that time frame.

On another note, 10 days is more than enough, especially for your final cut week of, which can be up to 10+ lbs. The fact it is a fast acting sarm with a short half life only supports that, not the other way around.

There are a plethora of options of what could have happened. All we have here, like every single failed drug test situation, is (educated) guess work. We will never know the truth unless Garcia himself comes out and says it.

The point is, though, passing previous drug tests doesn't mean or prove anything. The idea that is doesn't make sense for him to pop for Ostarine at that time because he passed on 4/3 is just wrong.
                  Are you implying that VADA’s test failed to catch it those other times and finally caught it the day before and after the day of the fight?

If so then that makes VADA completely unreliable for catching cheaters if he managed to beat 4 tests throughout camp, where he already cheating.
                  fifth_root N/A likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Are you implying that VADA’s test failed to catch it those other times and finally caught it the day before and after the day of the fight?

If so then that makes VADA completely unreliable for catching cheaters if he managed to beat 4 tests throughout camp, where he already cheating.
                    Maybe so, but it did catch Ryan eventually.

There will forever be a cat and mouse game with PEDs and the tests to detect them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

No that's not what I'm implying, that's what I'm saying. It's very possible that that is the case.

Are you under the impression that that couldn't and doesn't happen regularly?

How do you think career PED users manage to beat VADA testing all the time until they eventually get caught? Or in some cases never get caught?

This isn't breaking news. It doesn't make VADA unreliable, VADA is the gold standard of drug testing today next to USADA but it's still only capable of so much, and it's not overly difficult to beat their tests with all the advanced methods athletes have today for beating their testing procedure.

Name someone who's failed a drug test, it's the exact same playbook; Canelo Alvarez as one, Conor Benn as another. What do all their situations have in common? They all failed only 2 drug tests and passed all the others before and after the failed ones, to which they failed with trace amounts.

Comment

Working...
                      X