Ryan Garcia tested negative on 2/26, 3/8, 3/15, and 4/3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Garcia tested negative on 2/26, 3/8, 3/15, and 4/3

https://x.com/RyanGarcia/status/1786106465947947045

Looks like Ryan Garcia either may have taken something contaminated OR he used PED’s as a last minute effort to make weight. But his tests show that he was testing negative throughout the whole year.

Or he was masking them.

Passing 100000 drug tests throughout camp has no relevance to the ones that were failed.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Or he was masking them.

Passing 100000 drug tests throughout camp has no relevance to the ones that were failed.
      We don’t know what he was doing.

Yes they do, they can tell us the purpose of their use. Right now i’m leaning towards using it to make weight. It’s pretty relevant. We also know he had trouble making weight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Right.

I'm offering another reason as to why he could have passed previous tests.

Yes they do, they can tell us the purpose of their use.
        No, they don't.

I don't think there's a single example of a fighter failing a drug test where they didn't fail more than 2 tests, the vast majority of the time it's only 1. If there is it isn't many more. The fact they passed all of the others is literally irrelevant. It tells us nothing in regards to potential PED use because PED users mask their PED use, it's how they're able to beat the tests. The majority of the times a fighter does fail a test it's usually down to mistimed masking or just bad luck on the timing of the random test.

Ryan Garcia could have passed 100 times in a row prior to his 2 failed tests, it doesn't tell us anything.

Right now i’m leaning towards using it to make weight. It’s pretty relevant. We also know he had trouble making weight.
        Probably. It's impossible to know, only he will.

Comment

cheats that get caught out sometime before or after the fight dont get caught out everyweek of the testing, it doesnt happen that way, they get caught out because on that particular day the substance was in their system, other days it was not or was not detected, these ped tests are not fool proof as far as i know

Comment

It’s becoming more and more certain to me than the peds played no role in the outcome of the fight and didn’t help him during the fight
            BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Contaminated supplement. Makes no sense to then take something fight week after all those passed tests.
              BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 112 View Post
                Contaminated supplement. Makes no sense to then take something fight week after all those passed tests.
                So then your stance is basically every fighter that's failed a drug test is due to contaminated supplements?

Comment

Great thread then I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

So then your stance is basically every fighter that's failed a drug test is due to contaminated supplements?
                    Not every but it is a genuine possibility in some cases where the traces are super miniscule amounts found

Comment

Working...
                    X