Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matchroom Aims to Put Jaron Ennis on Path to a Terence Crawford Blockbuster Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

actually, they brought something BIG to the table. THEY WERE WILLING TO FIGHT CRAWFORD. When Boots was offered the Crawford not once but TWICE, both times his pops said "nah we good"...........
    ———
    Using that very logic, if Boots IS WILLING TO FIGHT CRAWFORD now, isn’t he bringing something BIG to the table?
    Or are you going to shift goal post NOW and say that the ship has now sailed for him?

Also using that very logic, if Teofimo or Brandon Rios are WILLING TO FIGHT CRAWFORD, that alone is “bringing something to the table”?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

He's a good fighter though, the guy Crawford's fighting.
      Don't doubt it but it doesn't capture my imagination. I guess because I have seen so little of him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I say Ennis just stick to his own path, try and unify/clean up at 147. Worry about 154 when that's done.
        I wish he could but he can't. It's pointless because there is no money left for him to make at 147. Neither Crawford or Spence would be returning back to the welterweight division.

So right now; All the major players are at the 154 pound limit. They are the ones who are holding all the cards and belts. Not the 147 pound weight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
          ———
          Using that very logic, if Boots IS WILLING TO FIGHT CRAWFORD now, isn’t he bringing something BIG to the table?
          Or are you going to shift goal post NOW and say that the ship has now sailed for him?

Also using that very logic, if Teofimo or Brandon Rios are WILLING TO FIGHT CRAWFORD, that alone is “bringing something to the table”?
          Im saying that Ennis always seems to bark once someone is ALREADY SIGNED FOR ANOTHER FIGHT. Bud has been stuck for months waiting to get free of the Spence thing, and not a peep out f Ennis. Then suddenly once Bud signs to fight Madrimov, here comes Ennis yap yap yip yap yip yap yap. Like clockwork.

But heres a question: Why hasnt Ennis fought anyone in the top 5 in the past 5 years?
          crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Eddie Hearn better deliver 3 fights before the end of Ennis' contract. Otherwise, he'll get sued.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

I wish he could but he can't. It's pointless because there is no money left for him to make at 147. Neither Crawford or Spence would be returning back to the welterweight division.

So right now; All the major players are at the 154 pound limit. They are the ones who are holding all the cards and belts. Not the 147 pound weight division.
              That’s a good point.

I think he should atleast win a legit title at 147 first. Because I don’t count his title at the moment.
              champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

Im saying that Ennis always seems to bark once someone is ALREADY SIGNED FOR ANOTHER FIGHT. Bud has been stuck for months waiting to get free of the Spence thing, and not a peep out f Ennis. Then suddenly once Bud signs to fight Madrimov, here comes Ennis yap yap yip yap yip yap yap. Like clockwork.

But heres a question: Why hasnt Ennis fought anyone in the top 5 in the past 5 years?
                ————-
                I’m guessing you haven’t seen any of the videos where Boots been calling out Bud for the last two years. They even FaceTimed on a radio show.

Nobody wants to fight Boots. It’s that simple. The last guy who was undefeated and was the one supposed to test Boots was Villa. In case you missed that fight, he got destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                  ————-
                  I’m guessing you haven’t seen any of the videos where Boots been calling out Bud for the last two years. They even FaceTimed on a radio show.

Nobody wants to fight Boots. It’s that simple. The last guy who was undefeated and was the one supposed to test Boots was Villa. In case you missed that fight, he got destroyed.
                  ive seen the videos. Always seem to drop a day or 2 AFTER Bud announces his next fight.......

Comment

Originally posted by Feint First View Post
                    How many years did Crawfish cry, and moan, and beg for a fight with Spence? When Spence was clearly the A side and Crawfish was doing sub-100k ppv's with top stank.

Crawfish and his stans accused Spence of ducking and PBC of boxing him out, and now he's signed to PBC and doing the same thing to Boots. Crawfish is a hypocrite.
                    Bud never cried. He simply cornered the rat. Crawford is not signed to PBC. He's a free agent. If he was signed to PBC, he wouldn't be fighting on Eddie's card August 3rd.
                    Last edited by BlackRobb; 04-27-2024, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Ennis is a Jeff Lacy type of fighter but who will step up and end the hype.

Comment

Working...
                      X