Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Admits He Lost The Love, Passion, And Hunger For Boxing As He Announces Zhang Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It didn't need to be said out of his mouth to know that based on his last performance. This is a real odd match that I didn't expect really. I thought he was fully ready to commit to retirement. It sounds like he's so damn disappointed by how things went, he has to try to make the wrong things right immediately. Especially after how AJ's stock went souring since blowing away Ngannou. Considering the two have been tied to each other for years, Wilder is probably feeling something knowing he looked like **** in his last fight while AJ looked like the savior of boxing for that moment. I'm sure there is something getting under his skin there.

In all honestly, I've been picking Wilder forever to beat AJ (at least as of like 5-6 years ago). Just based on Wilder's last performance, I would easily pick AJ now to flatten Wilder. Wilder looked like a shell of himself and I don't expect much to change against Zhang, only Zhang isn't Parker, so Zhang can possibly be taken out unlike Parker.
    Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

I think Zhang would be a harder man to beat than A.J. would be for Wilder.
      Wilder looked terrible against Parker; and it could be the 2 year break or being shot. We just don't know yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Wilder is getting brutally knocked out AND I would add tht he really tries to sound eloquent and it fails each and every time because is forced and fake
        He tries to sound intellectual but his lack of articulation and education reveals itself every time. Hopefully he tries to detonate some big shots against Zhang and at least makes it somewhat entertaining given how subdued his last performance was.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
          Wilder looked terrible against Parker; and it could be the 2 year break or being shot. We just don't know yet.
          Zhang would be a much more difficult fight for AJ. I think AJ has a MUCH easier time beating KO'ing Wilder, but Zhang won't be as easy....until he tires out in the last half of the fight. AJ has a big speed advantage against both guys though.

Comment

I still think Wilder looked like Wilder against Parker. Albeit we know he's aged.

It's just that Parker didn't look like some lowly ranked fighter. I was very confident in Parker and couldn't understand how Wilder could be such a favourite.

I can't see how Zhang is any problem for AJ. He's slow and lacks stamina to a ridiculous degree. Joshua could take him the distance pretty comfortably but I'd back him to finish it sooner.

Whereas I think Wilder always has a puncher's chance. I've always had Joshua 60/40 over Wilder. Probably more like 70/30 now but that's still a decent chance.

Comment

Parker said Zhang hit harder than wilder. People will say wilder didn't land? Surely wilder must have landed 1 punch?

Comment

Imagine if Wilder and AJ fought back when they were both undefeated? Both guys took losses because they weren't good enough and embarassed themselves in the process. Now we have people begging for both guys to fight, for what? That fight is garbage now
                shwaap shwaap likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post

Zhang would be a much more difficult fight for AJ. I think AJ has a MUCH easier time beating KO'ing Wilder, but Zhang won't be as easy....until he tires out in the last half of the fight. AJ has a big speed advantage against both guys though.
                  I think we're both assuming quite a bit. I know I'm sometimes guilty. We can agree that any pairing of top ranked guys can go various ways. Wilder I see as being able to knock the fight clean out of Joshua with one shot, similar to what Ruiz did. But how much this peaceful easy feeling multi millionaire has left, we can't know just yet.
                  i feel that Zhang is a big problem for anyone, and that so far, it's taken a bad decision to defeat him. That said regarding Joshua, and because styles make fights; I like Joshua against Fury better than I'd like Wilder, Usyk, ortiz, Ruiz or Zhang.

Anway, we're making good progress now getting the fights done before this era closes at the end of next year.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Parker said Zhang hit harder than wilder. People will say wilder didn't land? Surely wilder must have landed 1 punch?
                    He sure didn't land anything flush. We'd be looking at Wilder vs. Joshua now if he had. As for Parker, I'm suprised that he even remembers the Zhang fight, spending so much of it sitting at The Big Bang's feet.

Comment

Don't you feel any shame in trying to make a point using statistics that show Tyson Fury as a "harder puncher" than George Foreman and Mike Tyson?
                      No because as you can see furys sample size is very small compared to those guys. Also their ko percentages dramatically decreased the second half of their careers which fury hasn't had yet. Tyson for example kod 6 of his first 8 top 10 opponents then his ratio fell off. Foreman 6 out of his first 7. Wilder 2 out of 7 and That makes Wilders ko ratio even worse because he's already gone through his prime period where he should be at his best racking up Kos and yet he didn't. I would expect furys ko rate to drop off as well as he ages if he continues fighting quality opponents but prime for prime no he's not a harder puncher and the Stats confirm that. Just like the stats confirm prime wilder isn't the hardest puncher ever or even close.
                      Last edited by daggum; 04-18-2024, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X