Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Admits He Lost The Love, Passion, And Hunger For Boxing As He Announces Zhang Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willow The Wisp
    replied
    Nothing personal.

Leave a comment:

• Willow The Wisp
    replied
    Originally posted by daggum View Post

No because as you can see furys sample size is very small compared to those guys. Also their ko percentages dramatically decreased the second half of their careers which fury hasn't had yet. Tyson for example kod 6 of his first 8 top 10 opponents then his ratio fell off. Foreman 6 out of his first 7. Wilder 2 out of 7 and That makes Wilders ko ratio even worse because he's already gone through his prime period where he should be at his best racking up Kos and yet he didn't. I would expect furys ko rate to drop off as well as he ages if he continues fighting quality opponents but prime for prime no he's not a harder puncher and the Stats confirm that. Just like the stats confirm prime wilder isn't the hardest puncher ever or even close.
    Lol. Too late. You didn't think it through before rushing to post your "Statistics". Wilder held the WBC belt alone, and was therefore bound to defend against their top 10 ranked fighters, not YOURS. What they did afterwards reflects only that Wilder ruined them with his power.

Frequent use of terms like Cans and Bums to describe WBC ranked contenders disqualifies you as a serious person to discuss Boxing with.
    Go back to UFC/WWE, Daggum.

Leave a comment:

• hugh grant
    replied
    Originally posted by daggum View Post

yeah but wilder knocked down fury! oh guys like cunningham, pejkic, and non boxer ngannou all did that too...
    I d dread to think what Zhang would do to fury then. Zhang would down fury, and fury wouldn't be doing no undertaker getting up on 10 seconds like against Wilder

Leave a comment:

• daggum
    replied
    Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

But think about it. Zhang has downed flip, joyce, parker. Id say all 3 have better chins than anyone wilder downed.
    yeah but wilder knocked down fury! oh guys like cunningham, pejkic, and non boxer ngannou all did that too...
    BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Leave a comment:

• hugh grant
    replied
    Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

He sure didn't land anything flush. We'd be looking at Wilder vs. Joshua now if he had. As for Parker, I'm suprised that he even remembers the Zhang fight, spending so much of it sitting at The Big ****'s feet.
    But think about it. Zhang has downed flip, joyce, parker. Id say all 3 have better chins than anyone wilder downed.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 04-18-2024, 03:29 PM.
    BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Leave a comment:

• daggum
    replied

Don't you feel any shame in trying to make a point using statistics that show Tyson Fury as a "harder puncher" than George Foreman and Mike Tyson?
    No because as you can see furys sample size is very small compared to those guys. Also their ko percentages dramatically decreased the second half of their careers which fury hasn't had yet. Tyson for example kod 6 of his first 8 top 10 opponents then his ratio fell off. Foreman 6 out of his first 7. Wilder 2 out of 7 and That makes Wilders ko ratio even worse because he's already gone through his prime period where he should be at his best racking up Kos and yet he didn't. I would expect furys ko rate to drop off as well as he ages if he continues fighting quality opponents but prime for prime no he's not a harder puncher and the Stats confirm that. Just like the stats confirm prime wilder isn't the hardest puncher ever or even close.
    Last edited by daggum; 04-18-2024, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Willow The Wisp
    replied
    Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Parker said Zhang hit harder than wilder. People will say wilder didn't land? Surely wilder must have landed 1 punch?
    He sure didn't land anything flush. We'd be looking at Wilder vs. Joshua now if he had. As for Parker, I'm suprised that he even remembers the Zhang fight, spending so much of it sitting at The Big ****'s feet.

Leave a comment:

• Willow The Wisp
    replied
    Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post

Zhang would be a much more difficult fight for AJ. I think AJ has a MUCH easier time beating KO'ing Wilder, but Zhang won't be as easy....until he tires out in the last half of the fight. AJ has a big speed advantage against both guys though.
    I think we're both assuming quite a bit. I know I'm sometimes guilty. We can agree that any pairing of top ranked guys can go various ways. Wilder I see as being able to knock the fight clean out of Joshua with one shot, similar to what Ruiz did. But how much this peaceful easy feeling multi millionaire has left, we can't know just yet.
    i feel that Zhang is a big problem for anyone, and that so far, it's taken a bad decision to defeat him. That said regarding Joshua, and because styles make fights; I like Joshua against Fury better than I'd like Wilder, Usyk, ortiz, Ruiz or Zhang.

Anway, we're making good progress now getting the fights done before this era closes at the end of next year.

Leave a comment:

• hugh grant
    replied
    Parker said Zhang hit harder than wilder. People will say wilder didn't land? Surely wilder must have landed 1 punch?

Leave a comment:

• Toffee
    replied
    I think Zhang would be a harder man to beat than A.J. would be for Wilder.
    Wilder looked terrible against Parker; and it could be the 2 year break or being shot. We just don't know yet.
    I still think Wilder looked like Wilder against Parker. Albeit we know he's aged.

It's just that Parker didn't look like some lowly ranked fighter. I was very confident in Parker and couldn't understand how Wilder could be such a favourite.

I can't see how Zhang is any problem for AJ. He's slow and lacks stamina to a ridiculous degree. Joshua could take him the distance pretty comfortably but I'd back him to finish it sooner.

Whereas I think Wilder always has a puncher's chance. I've always had Joshua 60/40 over Wilder. Probably more like 70/30 now but that's still a decent chance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X