Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Admits He Lost The Love, Passion, And Hunger For Boxing As He Announces Zhang Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am backing Wilder here to prove the doubters wrong just because of some of nonsense posted.

Wilder in his prime was something special - those disparaging him as a complete hype job are talking nonsense as if Fury is regarded as Hall of Fame then the so called hype job knocked him down 4 times.

Wilder was essentially a cruiser weight fighting in HW division as one of hardest punchers in history - credit where credit is due.

Unfortunately he never fulfilled his potential due to his damn stubborn mindset and terrible training team. I consider what might have been if Wilder was training in Kronk or Wildcard gym and wasn’t so in love with his power. The first fight w Stiverne showed he had the ability to box early on and Bronze in olympics but ******ly decided he didn’t need it throughout career - some haters sometimes really run down boxers for ulterior motives.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
      Wilder was never that good to begin with. His best win was against a 47 year old Ortiz. Still no idea why this fight is happening. Zhang should rematch Parker. Is Parker hurt?
      I'm guessing Zhang didn't activate the rematch clause.

And given he's got a big fight (it is still a big fight) against Wilder then that might be why.

From Wilder's perspective I'd imagine this is a two fight deal if he wins. 2nd fight Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

I'm guessing Zhang didn't activate the rematch clause.

And given he's got a big fight (it is still a big fight) against Wilder then that might be why.

From Wilder's perspective I'd imagine this is a two fight deal if he wins. 2nd fight Joshua.
        You activate rematch clause only if Turki say so. the same will apply for Usyk -Fury and Bivol - Beterbiev.

If Turki says no rematch, there is no rematch. It is his money.

I believe Zhang will KO Wilder and get another big fight after that. maybe Joshua, maybe Parker rematch, maybe Hrgovic rematch...
        Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 04-16-2024, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

You activate rematch clause only if Turki say so. the same will apply for Usyk -Fury and Bivol - Beterbiev.

If Turki says no rematch, there is no rematch. It is his money...
          Then by the same token you can turn down the rematch money and retire undefeated which is why I'm picking a draw, barring a knockout as the only way to guarantee a rematch and belt not being stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post
            I am backing Wilder here to prove the doubters wrong just because of some of nonsense posted.

Wilder in his prime was something special - those disparaging him as a complete hype job are talking nonsense as if Fury is regarded as Hall of Fame then the so called hype job knocked him down 4 times.

Wilder was essentially a cruiser weight fighting in HW division as one of hardest punchers in history - credit where credit is due.

Unfortunately he never fulfilled his potential due to his damn stubborn mindset and terrible training team. I consider what might have been if Wilder was training in Kronk or Wildcard gym and wasn’t so in love with his power. The first fight w Stiverne showed he had the ability to box early on and Bronze in olympics but ******ly decided he didn’t need it throughout career - some haters sometimes really run down boxers for ulterior motives.
            Yep...Prime Wilder was legit and probably would have ko'd Parker if Hearn hadn't jobbed him for his belt first and why even now AJ doesn't want a bar of Wilder.

Wilder is perfectly capable of one last hurrah to expose A-Side Joshy.
            fifth_root N/A likes this.

Comment

Fury broke his fantasies and even gave him honest friendly advice that he was going into that third fight for the wrong reasons. Wilder should have been chasing other opponents back then and accept that Fury is superior. Then he wasted 2 years (I am not counting Helenius, only AJ can brag about) before facing a top opponent. Of course, such a long pause after broken fantasies could make you lose the desire, plus he is 39. But I still hope he has some hunger for fights because it is worth seeing his true level, as much as it is doable being past his best. If he has some potential, he can move the division a bit, not becoming a champion, but do better than the old half-a-fight cardio Zhang.

One thing I am sure of is that it would be a mistake to come into that fight so light as he was against Parker. He was never so light, except for the very beginning of his career and the first Fury fight. In any way, he must forget the low weight he used to fight at for a lot of his fights now and don't ever come lighter than 100 kg. considering his height.
              Last edited by N/A; 04-16-2024, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                Wilder should never take ayahuasca again. He's gon have to actually try this time, if he don't wanna wind up going to sleep. Zhang is old but that power is no joke.
                Psychedelics taken in a structured and mindful way are the future of mental wellness. They don't mix with an active boxing career in my opinion. He seems happy, I think he's making a mistake taking this fight.

Comment

Wilder is shot to bits and Zhang is a big hypejob lummox like I always said he was.

One of them is getting knocked into retirement or at least out of the Saudi scene.

I guess the winner will probably get one more fight over there and be used as cannon fodder for someone else.

Comment

All evidence suggests Zhang wins this. But this is heavyweight boxing, so I wouldn't put it against wilder winning, can't write him off completely cos he lost a few.
                    But Zhang more likely to win

Comment

Fury took it out of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X