Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Admits He Lost The Love, Passion, And Hunger For Boxing As He Announces Zhang Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post
    I am backing Wilder here to prove the doubters wrong just because of some of nonsense posted.

Wilder in his prime was something special - those disparaging him as a complete hype job are talking nonsense as if Fury is regarded as Hall of Fame then the so called hype job knocked him down 4 times.

Wilder was essentially a cruiser weight fighting in HW division as one of hardest punchers in history - credit where credit is due.

Unfortunately he never fulfilled his potential due to his damn stubborn mindset and terrible training team. I consider what might have been if Wilder was training in Kronk or Wildcard gym and wasn’t so in love with his power. The first fight w Stiverne showed he had the ability to box early on and Bronze in olympics but ******ly decided he didn’t need it throughout career - some haters sometimes really run down boxers for ulterior motives.
    Great post and very true. Not sure where the vitriol toward Wilder comes from. Not a great style is the most often heard criticism; but if hitting the chin and knocking the opponent out still holds any meaning in this sport, his style was darn near perfect.

Comment

I hope wilder can ignite his old beast flame and knockout Zhang so we see him vs Joshua finally

Comment

Originally posted by LG Motel 22 View Post
        I hope wilder can ignite his old beast flame and knockout Zhang so we see him vs Joshua finally
        If zhang beats Wilder, Zhang v Josh is equally as good. But even if WIlder loses to Zhang, im sure people would still like to see Wilder v Josh.

Comment

Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post
          I am backing Wilder here to prove the doubters wrong just because of some of nonsense posted.

Wilder in his prime was something special - those disparaging him as a complete hype job are talking nonsense as if Fury is regarded as Hall of Fame then the so called hype job knocked him down 4 times.

Wilder was essentially a cruiser weight fighting in HW division as one of hardest punchers in history - credit where credit is due.

Unfortunately he never fulfilled his potential due to his damn stubborn mindset and terrible training team. I consider what might have been if Wilder was training in Kronk or Wildcard gym and wasn’t so in love with his power. The first fight w Stiverne showed he had the ability to box early on and Bronze in olympics but ******ly decided he didn’t need it throughout career - some haters sometimes really run down boxers for ulterior motives.
          hes the definition of a hypejob and you just proved it by saying hes one of the hardest punchers in history. hes not. that was the hype. he has 2 kos in 7 fights against top 10 ranked fighters. thats nowhere close to being one of the hardest punchers in history.

ko ratio against opponents who were in the top 10(ring) at the time of the fight

ali-50% 18 out of 36
          ​louis-75% 24 out of 32
          liston-63% 7 out of 11
          patterson-35% 7 out of 20
          foreman-58% 7 out of 12
          holmes-52% 12 out of 23
          ​marciano-80% 8 out of 10
          bowe-60% 3 out of 5
          lewis-53% 8 out of 15
          fury-60% 3 out of 5
          vitali klit-75% 6 out of 8
          wlad klit-53% 7 out of 13
          joshua-50% 5 out of 10
          tyson-53% 8 out of 15
          holyfield-30% 6 out of 20
          wilder-28% 2 out of 7

​he ko'd a lot of tomato cans so what. they wanted you to think he was a devastating puncher but in reality the only top 10 guy he ever ko'd was a 40 year old ortiz.

Comment

Fury beat his ass 3 x. Parker won 12 rounds against him. How he wouldn`t lose the passion?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Fury beat his ass 3 x. Parker won 12 rounds against him. How he wouldn`t lose the passion?
              he lost the passion for knocking over bums and old men probably because he stopped fighting bums and old men. boxing just isnt as fun when you are fighting your peers

Comment

Zhang is not exactly fast. Wilder was inactive so let’s see how this fight goes. Both guys have that eraser that can end a fight in a second. I favour Zhang but man Wilder can shoot that right from out of nowhere (If he can still pull the trigger) & he has experience against southpaws. If Wilder has anything left I think this could be an interesting fight. Zhang is not exactly hard to hit. I’d like to see if his chin could hold up against a clean Wilder right hand.

Comment

Wilder just trying to lower the expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

hes the definition of a hypejob and you just proved it by saying hes one of the hardest punchers in history. hes not. that was the hype. he has 2 kos in 7 fights against top 10 ranked fighters. thats nowhere close to being one of the hardest punchers in history.

ko ratio against opponents who were in the top 10(ring) at the time of the fight

ali-50% 18 out of 36
                    ​louis-75% 24 out of 32
                    liston-63% 7 out of 11
                    patterson-35% 7 out of 20
                    foreman-58% 7 out of 12
                    holmes-52% 12 out of 23
                    ​marciano-80% 8 out of 10
                    bowe-60% 3 out of 5
                    lewis-53% 8 out of 15
                    fury-60% 3 out of 5
                    vitali klit-75% 6 out of 8
                    wlad klit-53% 7 out of 13
                    joshua-50% 5 out of 10
                    tyson-53% 8 out of 15
                    holyfield-30% 6 out of 20
                    wilder-28% 2 out of 7

​he ko'd a lot of tomato cans so what. they wanted you to think he was a devastating puncher but in reality the only top 10 guy he ever ko'd was a 40 year old ortiz.
                    I appreciate your analysis a lot. I think the metrics are misleading however as 3 fights were against Fury and he was pretty faded against Parker.

At least i respect you came to the conclusion based on objective data / analysis and not intrinsic bias.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      Zhang is not exactly fast. Wilder was inactive so let’s see how this fight goes. Both guys have that eraser that can end a fight in a second. I favour Zhang but man Wilder can shoot that right from out of nowhere (If he can still pull the trigger) & he has experience against southpaws. If Wilder has anything left I think this could be an interesting fight. Zhang is not exactly hard to hit. I’d like to see if his chin could hold up against a clean Wilder right hand.
                      It is a huge fight for both guys. They both came shot in their list respectable fights. The loser is likely done at elite level. the winner gets another big fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X