Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Admits He Lost The Love, Passion, And Hunger For Boxing As He Announces Zhang Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder just trying to lower the expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

hes the definition of a hypejob and you just proved it by saying hes one of the hardest punchers in history. hes not. that was the hype. he has 2 kos in 7 fights against top 10 ranked fighters. thats nowhere close to being one of the hardest punchers in history.

ko ratio against opponents who were in the top 10(ring) at the time of the fight

ali-50% 18 out of 36
      ​louis-75% 24 out of 32
      liston-63% 7 out of 11
      patterson-35% 7 out of 20
      foreman-58% 7 out of 12
      holmes-52% 12 out of 23
      ​marciano-80% 8 out of 10
      bowe-60% 3 out of 5
      lewis-53% 8 out of 15
      fury-60% 3 out of 5
      vitali klit-75% 6 out of 8
      wlad klit-53% 7 out of 13
      joshua-50% 5 out of 10
      tyson-53% 8 out of 15
      holyfield-30% 6 out of 20
      wilder-28% 2 out of 7

​he ko'd a lot of tomato cans so what. they wanted you to think he was a devastating puncher but in reality the only top 10 guy he ever ko'd was a 40 year old ortiz.
      I appreciate your analysis a lot. I think the metrics are misleading however as 3 fights were against Fury and he was pretty faded against Parker.

At least i respect you came to the conclusion based on objective data / analysis and not intrinsic bias.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        Zhang is not exactly fast. Wilder was inactive so let’s see how this fight goes. Both guys have that eraser that can end a fight in a second. I favour Zhang but man Wilder can shoot that right from out of nowhere (If he can still pull the trigger) & he has experience against southpaws. If Wilder has anything left I think this could be an interesting fight. Zhang is not exactly hard to hit. I’d like to see if his chin could hold up against a clean Wilder right hand.
        It is a huge fight for both guys. They both came shot in their list respectable fights. The loser is likely done at elite level. the winner gets another big fight.

Comment

Zhang`s list of last opponents:

Hrgovic
          Joyce 2x
          Parker
          Wilder

Pretty impressive for 40 old guy nobody expected anything from.

If Wilder knocks him out ( I doubt), he can say goodbye and ride into the sunset proudly.

But I think this is not the end of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Great post and very true. Not sure where the vitriol toward Wilder comes from. Not a great style is the most often heard criticism; but if hitting the chin and knocking the opponent out still holds any meaning in this sport, his style was darn near perfect.
            It comes from the fact he is finished and fans were lukewarm until he proved himself. All he proved to them was that he was Fury's *****. It why he couldn't sell and if not for the Sauds he be retired

Comment

wilder is 38, likes his psychoactive plants, has a dent in his head, its not looking good for him

Comment

Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post

I appreciate your analysis a lot. I think the metrics are misleading however as 3 fights were against Fury and he was pretty faded against Parker.

At least i respect you came to the conclusion based on objective data / analysis and not intrinsic bias.
                maybe he could have ko'd some good fighters when he was prime but he didnt try which should be seen as a negative

Comment

maybe he could have ko'd some good fighters when he was prime but he didnt try which should be seen as a negative
                  I agree, he should be accountable for ducking many big fights (as should most of the HW division fighters). Lot of that also falls on Finkel / PBC imho same as Joshua / Hearn (there more inactivity).

Whilst i know its hard to quantify objectively - the way he knocked out otherwise very resilient fighters who had never been knocked out in that fashion before (eyes rolled back and unconscious) makes me believe he was ‘potentially’ one if the hardest punchers and many HoF fighters at various points same same about him but without proof it’s conjecture .

Comment

Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post

I agree, he should be accountable for ducking many big fights (as should most of the HW division fighters). Lot of that also falls on Finkel / PBC imho same as Joshua / Hearn (there more inactivity).

Whilst i know its hard to quantify objectively - the way he knocked out otherwise very resilient fighters who had never been knocked out in that fashion before (eyes rolled back and unconscious) makes me believe he was ‘potentially’ one if the hardest punchers and many HoF fighters at various points same same about him but without proof it’s conjecture .
                    Besides ortiz who had an extremely weak resume at the time and in subsequent fights was nearly kod by ruiz and Charles Martin I don't know of any resilient fighters he kod? I definitely don't see any iron chinned opponents on his resume. The only top 10 guy he kod was ortiz which was solid but he was 40 and I think to be one of the hardest punches ever you have to ko lots of good fighters and guys near their primes but he doesn't have either. He has one good fighter who was pretty old. Don't think it matters how many bums he Kos and Knocks unconscious. Most of the guys he fought has been kod already or went on to be kod many times after fighting him and upping their level of competition. There was no hidden gem opponents that went on to make noise in the division. The only guys who went on to do good things were fury and Parker the only 2 prime guys he fought who were good.
                    BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

hes the definition of a hypejob and you just proved it by saying hes one of the hardest punchers in history. hes not. that was the hype. he has 2 kos in 7 fights against top 10 ranked fighters. thats nowhere close to being one of the hardest punchers in history.

ko ratio against opponents who were in the top 10(ring) at the time of the fight

ali-50% 18 out of 36
                      ​louis-75% 24 out of 32
                      liston-63% 7 out of 11
                      patterson-35% 7 out of 20
                      foreman-58% 7 out of 12
                      holmes-52% 12 out of 23
                      ​marciano-80% 8 out of 10
                      bowe-60% 3 out of 5
                      lewis-53% 8 out of 15
                      fury-60% 3 out of 5
                      vitali klit-75% 6 out of 8
                      wlad klit-53% 7 out of 13
                      joshua-50% 5 out of 10
                      tyson-53% 8 out of 15
                      holyfield-30% 6 out of 20
                      wilder-28% 2 out of 7

​he ko'd a lot of tomato cans so what. they wanted you to think he was a devastating puncher but in reality the only top 10 guy he ever ko'd was a 40 year old ortiz.
                      Don't you feel any shame in trying to make a point using statistics that show Tyson Fury as a "harder puncher" than George Foreman and Mike Tyson?

Comment

Working...
                      X