Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Late Substitute and Long Shot Sebastian Fundora Unseats Tim Tszyu In Bloody Las Vegas Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
    Fundora hit the lottery by Tim getting that cut. If not , the Easter Bunny would have been waking him up tomorrow with smelling salts.
    Based on two good rounds by Tszyu? The cut obviously affected Tszyu and the overall trajectory of the fight, but Tszyu winning by KO was not any kind of forgone conclusion just because he landed some clean shots in the opening rounds. Even considering the blood in his eyes, there were things that Tszyu could have done to still get a win, but he didn't adapt at all. He kept trying the same basic strategy he started with and it proved to be his undoing against a version of Fundora who finally fought to his strengths. Tszyu, for all his heart, fought pretty ******ly for the entire fight. He stayed straight on the line trying to land the same pull counter straight and overhand rights to the head all night long instead of moving his head/waist, attacking from angles, and targeting a huge body just waiting to be hit. He lost fair and square, and I'm not sure that the result would have been different without the cut. Based on what I saw, the Keith Thurman who beat Mario Barrios two years ago would have schooled Tszyu last night.
    joseph5620 joseph5620 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar delapolla View Post
      no soy un fan,pero a tizu lo jodieron desde el principio,le recortan el pago ,cuando a mi respecta le dberian haber pagado mas por el cambio,decision dividida y codazo y ni revancha,el unico que estaba dispuesto a pelear contra todos y asi lo tratan,verguenza
      Didn't know that Tszyu's pay got cut after Thurman dropped out. That doesn't make much sense to me considering the fact that Fundora undoubtedly got a smaller percentage than Thurman. As far as the other stuff goes, that's just bad luck and poor negotiating on Tszyu's part. He does deserve a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Hey
        Before moving right along....
        We all have a history on boxingscene
        Sooooo
        Just Show the link from Yesterday where You picked Fundora to beat Tszyu
        u tell em boxcart bob, dont let him get away with not showing u that link, stay on his case until the job is done, green k given

Comment

Originally posted by Timur78 View Post

Problem is, Fundora didn't even try to find a way in.
          The work was done by Tszyu while Fundora was content keeping Tszyu at distance and not getting KO'd.
          Fundora didn't do nearly enough for even a draw if we are being honest.
          Son, this is boxing and all Fundora did was land land land land all night long. The best boxers in the world use distance to their advantage. He not only won this fight but won it convincingly. The ring was totally his after round two all night long. He ran him around like a matador does a bull. Your insight is exactly what is wrong in the world today. When celebrity worship overtakes all common sense of what is before our very eyes….gaslighting anyone?

Comment

Last night I saw so many negative comments lodged against two fighters who poured uncontrolled blood for 12 rounds of hell. They are warriors and deserved more praise than they got.
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              For all the incels who were asking why and how Fundora got that shot after losing his last fight, his performance and the verdict should be your answer. Because he deserves to be there and because he had the talent to win. Viva America
              Exactly! On top of that, as a last minute replacement, it is not like there were many 154 pound fighters who were all training for a fight last night and could step in. Bohachuk was the only other one and less people knew him than Fundora. For a late replacement, Fundora was the absolute best choice to save the show and he proved to be just that.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

maybe too brave for his own good, if u cant see u cant see, not sure how many would have said yeah i can see through that, his corner was hopeless with their dealings with it too i would say possibly

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
                  You gotta feel gutted for Tsyzu. You could clearly see the game plan in that first two rounds and it look like a violent ending was coming until that unfortunate cut. But kudos to Fundora, he stood tall and did what he had to do. You can't hate either guy, both class act. But what's up with Errol Spence jumping in the ring acting like he didn't just catch a major beatdown from Crawford that he owed a rematch and need to try to get back. Dude needs to go sit down and get in line if he's not going to fight Crawford again. Neither deserves it but I can deal with Crawford getting a shot at the 154 throne instead of Spence. But truth be told, the logical thing would be for Tsyzu and Fundora to run it back.
                  Did you just say Fundora "stood tall"?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchbucket View Post
                    Why are people talking about Fundora vs Crawford or Spence next? There’s probably going to be a rematch, especially after the way the early cut changed the fight.
                    Lol. Do you think Spence and Al don't have the power to change that? Spence and Fundora is going to sell more, thanks to Crawfords azz whooping. I'll pay to see just what the *** Spence looks like now

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Based on two good rounds by Tszyu? The cut obviously affected Tszyu and the overall trajectory of the fight, but Tszyu winning by KO was not any kind of forgone conclusion just because he landed some clean shots in the opening rounds. Even considering the blood in his eyes, there were things that Tszyu could have done to still get a win, but he didn't adapt at all. He kept trying the same basic strategy he started with and it proved to be his undoing against a version of Fundora who finally fought to his strengths. Tszyu, for all his heart, fought pretty ******ly for the entire fight. He stayed straight on the line trying to land the same pull counter straight and overhand rights to the head all night long instead of moving his head/waist, attacking from angles, and targeting a huge body just waiting to be hit. He lost fair and square, and I'm not sure that the result would have been different without the cut. Based on what I saw, the Keith Thurman who beat Mario Barrios two years ago would have schooled Tszyu last night.
                      Yes , based on two excellent rounds by Tszyu , he totally negated Fundoras jab and was tagging him. How can you really expect Tim to change his strategy do this , that , and the other when he CAN'T ****ING SEE and he's getting hit by a freak with a nine inch height and reach advantage ? If his corner was smart he would have admitted that he couldn't see and stopped the fight before the end of the fourth , or at the end of the fourth and took a chance on the cards. I haven't seen a cut like that since Badou Jack. The worst that could have happened would have been a draw after the fourth. I don't believe that Fundora beats a Tszyu that can see. Apparently you do. We will see if there's a rematch. Fundora almost lost to Tim who couldn't see with either eye , I don't see his fortunes improving when the guy is whole.
                      At least Rolly got beat up , so I slept well.
                      Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X