Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Late Substitute and Long Shot Sebastian Fundora Unseats Tim Tszyu In Bloody Las Vegas Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Late Substitute and Long Shot Sebastian Fundora Unseats Tim Tszyu In Bloody Las Vegas Battle

In one of the bloodiest battles in modern boxing, Sebastian Fundora earned a split decision win over previously unbeaten Tim Tszyu at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-31-2024, 12:35 AM.

Fundora hit the lottery by Tim getting that cut. If not , the Easter Bunny would have been waking him up tomorrow with smelling salts.
    eco1 eco1 Rigpig Rigpig Sayithowitisuk Bob Lunchbucket Lunchbucket Timur78 Timur78 and 2 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
      Fundora hit the lottery by Tim getting that cut. If not , the Easter Bunny would have been waking him up tomorrow with smelling salts.
      Stop will ya , just because a fighter gets hit clean doesn't mean he is done , fundora settled well after a slow start and dominated after , Spence was thinking thinking in his head hell no I'm fighting that guy lol I will bet any money Spence or Crawford won't touch fundora , he is way to awkward and tall
      joesaiditstrue joesaiditstrue likes this.

Comment

Tszyu doesn’t have the crushing power his father had, he’s going to have to learn to punch in combination and mix up head and body punches. Hoping there is a rematch and without tszyu throwing his head and fundora’s elbow. Off the subject, fundora’s sister has a hell of a smile

Comment

Based on the right hands Tszyu was landing in the 1st 2 rounds and given he bust fundoras nose within that... makes me think it wouldnt have lasted too long had it not been for that heinous cut. Shame. The rematch should right this wrong.
          eco1 eco1 Sayithowitisuk Bob TreD TreD Lunchbucket Lunchbucket Timur78 Timur78 and 2 others like this.

Comment

Fundora did well tonight. I don't think Tsyzu could find a way in consistently. Once Tsyzu got cut early that changed the trajectory of the whole fight. When he did land some hard right hands, Fundora stood up to them and came back with his own shots. It wasn't a dominant performance by either fighter. Fundora fought smart by keeping Tsyzu on the outside the whole fight. There should be a mandatory rematch but Tsyzu didn't put one in the contract. I don't think Fundora will hold those titles long. The other big boys at 154 are probably licking their chops. Spence will stop Fundora easily.

Comment

Wild fight, that's for certain. I'm taking a firm stance that the rematch will turn out entirely different.

Comment

You gotta feel gutted for Tsyzu. You could clearly see the game plan in that first two rounds and it look like a violent ending was coming until that unfortunate cut. But kudos to Fundora, he stood tall and did what he had to do. You can't hate either guy, both class act. But what's up with Errol Spence jumping in the ring acting like he didn't just catch a major beatdown from Crawford that he owed a rematch and need to try to get back. Dude needs to go sit down and get in line if he's not going to fight Crawford again. Neither deserves it but I can deal with Crawford getting a shot at the 154 throne instead of Spence. But truth be told, the logical thing would be for Tsyzu and Fundora to run it back.

Comment

Fundora did a great job with the jab, fought smarter than I think he would , that nasty cut on Tim affected his performance too for sure, that was one bloody fight, nice card all around. Cant take anything away for new PBC/Prime collaboration lets see it sticks for a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
                    That cut was totally unexpected. It was Fundora's lucky day.

Comment

Working...
                    X