No announcement yet.

Fury/Usyk winner can't call themselves undisputed unless they face Hrgovic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor poor poor poor Joshua and Wilder fanboys LOL
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bunch of F*****G LOSERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
      Because I'm sorry but Hrgovic disputes it and is way overdue his title shot.

I belive the IBF should strip their belt NOW and award it to the rightful champion, Fillip.
      The winner is undisputed. They don't need to fight anyone not Hrgovic not AJ. But if you really want to claim they need to fight one more that would be Dubois since he kod Usyk
      fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

The winner is no1 in the sense that nobody else will have a better resume, but not necessarily in the sense that nobody else out there could beat them. Truth is they're probably both past their prime by now and very vulnerable.
        Correct, but I don't think there's ever been an unbeatable fighter. Nor a requirement to be unbeatable to be the best.

If Usyk beats Joshua, Fury beats Usyk and Joshua beats Fury... we wouldn't have a clear best of the era. But the last two fights haven't happened.

I'm completely discounting Wilder. He's beaten no-one and won't beat anyone.

Right now it's between Fury and Usyk... and they've got a fight booked.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Correct, but I don't think there's ever been an unbeatable fighter. Nor a requirement to be unbeatable to be the best.

If Usyk beats Joshua, Fury beats Usyk and Joshua beats Fury... we wouldn't have a clear best of the era. But the last two fights haven't happened.
          I don't think the best of an era is always one. That's fine and makes the sport interesting. A single one is not even needed.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post

I don't think the best of an era is always one. That's fine and makes the sport interesting. A single one is not even needed.
            Though it would be nice if they all fought each other and we could form a reasonable view. Even if that view was that there wasn't much in it.

We'll never get that in boxing so it becomes very subjective. A lot of triangle theories, resume comparisons and fantasy matchups.

For example I've always thought Joshua beats Fury and Wilder, and I think Wilder would have beaten Usyk. But I think Usyk beats Joshua nearly every time. And prime Usyk v Fury is 50/50. You can't pick a single best out of all that. It just comes down to who actually fights who.

If this is the last fight we get out of those big 4 names of the era then it has to decide number 1... with obvious question marks remaining.

Comment

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if there should be an end game for these fighters. A cutoff point where we said, they reached a status that they proved all they could and no longer need to any further. If they want to continue to fight to make money, they can, though we should not judge them if they're 45 years old now and get KTFO because the world was clamoring for him to face undefeated 25 year old 100% KO ratio, Ivan Drago.

Almost like we need to give fighters a thank you for your service belt and you've made it. Perhaps that is what "Undisputed" entails, but it's rare to accomplish and a lot of fighters give it up to move on in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Though it would be nice if they all fought each other and we could form a reasonable view. Even if that view was that there wasn't much in it.

We'll never get that in boxing so it becomes very subjective. A lot of triangle theories, resume comparisons and fantasy matchups.

For example I've always thought Joshua beats Fury and Wilder, and I think Wilder would have beaten Usyk. But I think Usyk beats Joshua nearly every time. And prime Usyk v Fury is 50/50. You can't pick a single best out of all that. It just comes down to who actually fights who.

If this is the last fight we get out of those big 4 names of the era then it has to decide number 1... with obvious question marks remaining.
                That is what we miss in this era (I don't think the fighters are worse than those before). Regardless of what the deluded fans of one and the haters of the other can say, a few years back would have been very exciting to see Fury, Usyk, Joshua and Wilder facing each other. Fans would have respected them all, no matter the results.

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                Honestly, sometimes I wonder if there should be an end game for these fighters. A cutoff point where we said, they reached a status that they proved all they could and no longer need to any further. If they want to continue to fight to make money, they can, though we should not judge them if they're 45 years old now and get KTFO because the world was clamoring for him to face undefeated 25 year old 100% KO ratio, Ivan Drago.

Almost like we need to give fighters a thank you for your service belt and you've made it. Perhaps that is what "Undisputed" entails, but it's rare to accomplish and a lot of fighters give it up to move on in their careers.

Definitely. I never count the losses of a fighter in his 40s. They go into other statistics, kind of.
                Last edited by fifth_root; 03-27-2024, 03:32 PM.

Comment

There's 4 guys on Brokeback Mountain in a full on cockslapping pissing contest who once they've run out of piss will head back down and ignore The Mighty Oilskin Parker who's been there all along; leaving him standing alone at the summit!!!

Comment

How does beating a number 15 ranked fighter determine a champion's undisputed status?

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
                      There's 4 guys on Brokeback Mountain in a full on cockslapping pissing contest who once they've run out of piss will head back down and ignore The Mighty Oilskin Parker who's been there all along; leaving him standing alone at the summit!!!
                      I've always been a fan of Parker and said he'll be a champion again.

Someone will have to fight him and give him a chance to show if he is one of the very best in the division.

But I honestly think he will fall short at the very top end of the division (Usyk/Fury/Joshua). He's a very rounded fighter, but just not exceptional enough in any area. But he deserves the chance to prove that view wrong.

And for what it's worth, I posted on here that he was a clear favourite for me against Wilder. Wilder was never on Parker's level.
                      fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X