No announcement yet.

Fury/Usyk winner can't call themselves undisputed unless they face Hrgovic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

He has won all fights by a big margin except for one. He is the best young top ten fighter in the division!
    He got Shanghied by the big Chinaman.... No head movement... I guess time will tell.

Comment

​​If the fury/Usyk winner retires before facing Hrgovic, boxing won't remember them as undisputed champion

It will remember them as the man who DUCKED Filip Hrgovic. ​​​​​​​

Comment

It is getting to that stage where the winner of Fury/Usyk doesnt even automatically feel like they're necessarily the no1 HW.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
          It is getting to that stage where the winner of Fury/Usyk doesnt even automatically feel like they're necessarily the no1 HW.
          I'm as big a critic of Fury as anyone but if:

- Fury wins - he will have beaten Wilder and Usyk
          - Usyk wins - he will have beaten Joshua and Fury

In the absence of everyone fighting everyone, it's clear number one territory.

Doesn't mean Fury would beat Joshua (I've never thought he does) but the winner of the undisputed fight is number one. Both current and era unless other big fights get made.

Mind you I still doubt the fight happens. I've never thought it would happen. Not when they were negotiating, not when they were ready to announce at Day of Reckoning, not when we were only two weeks from the last date, and not now.
          Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Lol Hrgovic got dropped and soundly beaten by 90yo Zhang (who was robbed) and will get exposed AGAIN by Dubois so forget about him…

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Doesn't mean Fury would beat Joshua (I've never thought he does) but the winner of the undisputed fight is number one. Both current and era unless other big fights get made.

Mind you I still doubt the fight happens. I've never thought it would happen. Not when they were negotiating, not when they were ready to announce at Day of Reckoning, not when we were only two weeks from the last date, and not now.
              I think it's happening this time, Fury has lost a tremendous amount of weight.

I have in the past had the same feelings as you but I belive he's been playing games to stall and mess Usyk around and get in better condition himself, I don't think Fury has got himself into the condition he's in now for nothing.

Usyk has now had essentially 3 training camps back to back, which actually isn't ideal for a 38 year old man to do without a decent rest in between.

Fury on the other hand I think always knew he wasn't fighting in February so likely manipulated his training to taper off and have a break after losing the weight before going into a proper camp this time.

Very tricky from fury but I expected he would pull shenanigans to try and get Usyk to be over trained.
              Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 03-26-2024, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

The winner is no1 in the sense that nobody else will have a better resume, but not necessarily in the sense that nobody else out there could beat them. Truth is they're probably both past their prime by now and very vulnerable.

Comment

Hrgovic is coasting now waiting for a fight. He deserves a fight, but a bit unproven still is flip, nobody needs to beat flip to complete themsekves. Beating flip is a good win that's all

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post
                    Lol Hrgovic got dropped and soundly beaten by 90yo Zhang (who was robbed) and will get exposed AGAIN by Dubois so forget about him…

Okay pal. Hrgovic won the fight vs. the best version of Zhang, on his worst day when he was mourning the loss of his father.

Check the punch stats, round by round! They and all three judges agree that Hrgovic won the fight.

This is a case of all three judges agreeing with the winer and the punch stats!

Zhang has since gotten fat and declined due to age since they fought.

The knockdown by Zhang was a blow behind the head and a clear pull down. Yet when Hrgovic scores a knock down and makes Zhang do a split, the ref calls that a slip?

Whatever.​

Please do post a round by round card of the fight. I want to laugh. You can score a fight, right?
                    Last edited by Dr. Z; 03-26-2024, 06:07 AM.

Comment

This is a joke of a thread. Nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X