No announcement yet.

Only a few guys beat Joe Joyce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only a few guys beat Joe Joyce

Joyce has a bully pressure style. Guys smaller than him will always find it hard to deal with his big pressure. And the most of guys are smaller than him.

Zhang stopped him twice, but there are not many guys big enough to stop Joyce.

I wonder how would Joyce look like against Hrgovic, Hrgovic is also a big man and I wonder if Joyce can eat his punches.

And yeah, I think Joyce beats Parker again, by a stoppage.

I've been as critical of Parker as anyone (especially for the Fa, Leapai, Whyte, and Chisora fights) but he has looked much better in recent fights. He's moving better, he's punching more, he's not gassing out, and he actually looks like he cares again. I'd pick him over Joyce. Joyce didn't look good against Ali or Zhang and he's old.
    MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

How is it people can't avoid a JJ punch
      They come at you in ultra slo mo.
      fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
        He does throw a lot though and keeps up pressure for such a big guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

He does throw a lot though and keeps up pressure for such a big guy.
          In slo mo....

I see no end to this horrid HW era we are in
          fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

Comment

In slo mo....

I see no end to this horrid HW era we are in
            I always got the feeling with Joyce that being in front of him is probably quite different to how it looks from the outside. He does fail the eye test badly but clearly hes quite effective up to a certain level. Hes so reliant on his chin though, if Zhang has compromised it hes completely ****ed now.

Most of the major players of this era will be gone in a few years. They're all old as ****. I'm not sure the next generation is any better though.

Comment

Kash avoided loads of them. He landed plenty of his own big right hands too.

But Joyce keeps walking forward and eventually when Ali's back hit the ropes he couldn't avoid the punches anymore.

It's an effective style if you've got heavy hands and good punch resistance. But a very good mover or someone with very good power deals with it pretty easily.

Parker might not quite be good enough in either way.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

I always got the feeling with Joyce that being in front of him is probably quite different to how it looks from the outside. He does fail the eye test badly but clearly hes quite effective up to a certain level. Hes so reliant on his chin though, if Zhang has compromised it hes completely ****ed now.

Most of the major players of this era will be gone in a few years. They're all old as ****. I'm not sure the next generation is any better though.
                Slo and telegraphed....

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Kash avoided loads of them. He landed plenty of his own big right hands too.

But Joyce keeps walking forward and eventually when Ali's back hit the ropes he couldn't avoid the punches anymore.

It's an effective style if you've got heavy hands and good punch resistance. But a very good mover or someone with very good power deals with it pretty easily.

Parker might not quite be good enough in either way.

In what other HW era would we call this worth watching ?

Comment

I can`t see how Usyk beats Joyce. Joyce is no joke. he is not a quitter like Dubois. Joyce will not just quit after taking some shots by a cruiserweight. Joyce will just walk through his punches and walk Usyk down.

Comment

Working...
                    X