No announcement yet.

If Calzaghe fought at MW Hop would never have been champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
    Ummmm then rewatch his earlier fights would be my suggestion.
    So have you seen him cut, swell or even knocked down?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chev Chelois View Post
      Yes, he's been knocked down.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

• They say Hopkins is better as a guy way past it then he was in his prime, amazing **** you hear on BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chev Chelois View Post
          He's been dropped twice in the same fight. FYI

Comment

• Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
            Yes, he's been knocked down.
            Other than the first Mercado fight which was before he was achamp when did he ever go down, and a lot of foreign elements had to do with that fight, like fighting 4000 feet above sea level in the middle of a civil war and having millitary officaers with AKs in your dressing room.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
              They say Hopkins is better as a guy way past it then he was in his prime, amazing **** you hear on BS.
              No I'm saying the tight defensive, counter punching, slower and methodical version of Hopkins is better than the brawling, less defensive and occasionally wild swinging younger version.

Comment

Other than the first Mercado fight which was before he was achamp when did he ever go down, and a lot of foreign elements had to do with that fight, like fighting 4000 feet above sea level in the middle of a civil war and having millitary officaers with AKs in your dressing room.
                I'm not picking on Bernard, no need to get paranoid. All I did was answer the question. Trust me, I know the circumstances of that fight.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
                  No I'm saying the tight defensive, counter punching, slower and methodical version of Hopkins is better than the brawling, less defensive and occasionally wild swinging younger version.
                  Wild swinging brawling? You're a ****ing joke, I don't even know why I am refuting a guy who claims Jones wasn't past it, and elbowed Calzaghe. Peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
                    I love how they also ignore the fact that Joe isn't much younger than Roy or Hop. Prime Calzaghe was much faster and a much harder and crisper puncher then the one who dismantled Hop and Roy. Joe also had very fragile hands when he fought them both...
                    I've got massive respect for Calzaghe, and consider myself a fan of sorts. No doubt he will be in the HOF. But, Joe is 4 years younger than Roy and 7 years younger than Hopkins. Roy turned pro and was a world titleholder way before Joe had his first fight. I'm not saying he would not be competitive with both at some point had they fought earlier, but it is 100% obvious that Roy would have been all over Joe at his best. As much as his fans hate hearing this, it's true. Roy isn't half the fighter he used to be. Joe only made it a point to go get the wins against the elite when his career was winding down and besides Kessler, they were all calculated risks.

Comment

Hopkins spent time in prison with murderers and rapists like he's said hundreds of times over the years, he's been stabbed a bunch of times and almost died from a knife wound.

Do you really think a few people carrying guns scared a guy that spent life around killers?

^^^ Serious question for ya.

Comment

Working...
                      X