No announcement yet.

If Calzaghe fought at MW Hop would never have been champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
    He won the WBO belt, defended it against meager competition, and then became undisputed champ in his LAST fight in the division, and did not defend the undisputed title once. He didn't defend the linear title, not once.
    Your point being?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I sure do although it's taken a new meaning today. But at the turn of the century it meant you held the three major titles in the division: WBA, WBC & IBF.
      Wasnt asking you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
        No, your mother has a thick **** and had a thick **** too.
        I rest my case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Your point being?
          He never defended the linear title, and won it from a guy who wihile very talented really has no claim to fame?

Comment

Wasnt asking you.
            And? Don't be a girl. This is a forum, you're making public comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
              I think a prime Calzaghe would've given any version of Jones, Hopkins or Toney problems. It's ridiculous to think that JC wouldn't stand a chance to win against any of them IMO. Maybe Joe doesn't go undefeated against them but in NO way would any of these fighters be able to dominate Joe. If they ever fought (which none of the above ever any had intentions of doing FTR) JC would've been more than competitive.
              As I said before, "I'm not saying he would not be competitive with both at some point had they fought earlier".

Joe is a special fighter, which would allow him to be competitive against both in their primes to a degree but I think Hopkins would have decisioned him and Jones would have won by ko/stoppage. We can all speculate til we are blue in the face but we will never really know. We will have to keep our opinions and leave it at that. Cheers bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                He never defended the linear title, and won it from a guy who wihile very talented really has no claim to fame?
                Um....Ok then?

Comment

And? Don't be a girl. This is a forum, you're making public comments.
                  It was a rhetorical question that i asked Chase because apparently you can be undisputed champion without even beating the champion according to him.

Comment

It was a rhetorical question that i asked Chase because apparently you can be undisputed champion without even beating the champion according to him.
                    So? It's relevant.

Comment

So? It's relevant.
                      Im sure he doesnt need you to hold his **** while he pisses. Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X