No announcement yet.

Why nobody won The Richest Prize In Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Usyk is more decorated than Fury. He's a former undisputed cruiserweight champ and now has 3 belts plus the Ring title at heavyweight. Fury only has one belt. Also, Usyk's last purse was around double what Fury has ever made for a fight.
    come on,

fury is the bigger star and is i think the lineal champion at heavyweight. fury is the bigger star to boot.

Comment

Usyk is more decorated than Fury. He's a former undisputed cruiserweight champ and now has 3 belts plus the Ring title at heavyweight. Fury only has one belt. Also, Usyk's last purse was around double what Fury has ever made for a fight.
      - - But Flubber with 30x The Blubber that needs feeding. It ain't easy being Blubber on Flubber...

Comment

Originally posted by Offensive Wizardry View Post

come on,

fury is the bigger star and is i think the lineal champion at heavyweight. fury is the bigger star to boot.
        lineal is an imaginary title. Usyk is more decorated but Fury is a bigger disappointment, that's for sure.

Comment

lineal is an imaginary title. Usyk is more decorated but Fury is a bigger disappointment, that's for sure.
          fury is the more decorated fighter at heavyweight.

why dont you like fury? and why do you call him a disappointment?

Comment

fury is the more decorated fighter at heavyweight.

why dont you like fury? and why do you call him a disappointment?
            He used to be my favourite fighter. That's why I'm so disappointed in him now. And he isn't more decorated than Usyk at heavyweight. He only has one title belt. Usyk has 3 plus the Ring title.

Comment

He used to be my favourite fighter. That's why I'm so disappointed in him now. And he isn't more decorated than Usyk at heavyweight. He only has one title belt. Usyk has 3 plus the Ring title.
              are you from the UK?

that's all it took for you to not be a fan of his?

and fury beat the more notable fighters at heavyweight. the proliferation of title belts today have caused the value of championship belts to drop..

i think you have more issue with fury than asking for half a billion pounds.

Comment

I used to think that Mayweather fans like you branded Arum the biggest liar in boxing because he was Manny Pacquiao's promoter. Then he assured eveybody- including Eddie Hearn - that there was no way the Fury/Wilder arbitration case could stop Fury from fighting AJ in Saudi if Eddie could get a deal done. Arum is a lawyer with a team of lawyers working for him, so he must have known that wasn't true. But he kept saying it, over and over, while Eddie ran himself ragged trying to get that deal done.
                That is crazy dude. Did you not see the Hagler and Leonard fiasco?

Arum is only about making money for his company. If that means doing garbage like this hes fine with it.

Comment

are you from the UK?

that's all it took for you to not be a fan of his?

and fury beat the more notable fighters at heavyweight. the proliferation of title belts today have caused the value of championship belts to drop..

i think you have more issue with fury than asking for half a billion pounds.
                  I'm from the same part of the UK as Fury.

Comment

I'm unclear on how the guy who took 30 as an undefeated unified champion who's also the former undisputed cruiserweight champion, has won every fight on the road, and offered to fight for free if it would just get the fight made, is being faulted for being greedy.

Leeroy, where's your source that makes this about Usyk being greedy? He just wanted the undefeated undisputed heavyweight champion to get 70 in the second fight. That could have been 30 for him in two fights, and 70 for Fury in both fights. What's so greedy about that? He walked away because Fury was making too many BS demands, and they knew it wasn't going to stop ever. Fury didn't want the fight, and no amount of not being greedy gets it done when one side is ducking.

Next it would have been ring size, Fury probably pushing for a tiny ring. Then it would have been gloves, Usyk only allowed Rivals or Winning, while Fury would use Reyes. Then it would have been how many comp tickets Usyk would get, or bottled water brand. Fury has done this basically every fight, and only fights risky guys when he's legally forced to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

That is crazy dude. Did you not see the Hagler and Leonard fiasco?

Arum is only about making money for his company. If that means doing garbage like this hes fine with it.
                      I don't know anything about Bob Arum's involvement in Hagler vs Leonard. What was that about?

I have a strong su****ion that Arum deliberately sabotaged the Fury/AJ undisputed fight by not formally withdrawing Fury from his rematch contract with Wilder after the contracted deadline to make the fight expired. I also suspect that Arum is the reason why Fury priced himself out of fighting Usyk in Saudi then made himself impossible to deal with when the location was switched to the UK. I believe that Arum wants Fury's biggest fights to happen in the US where Top Rank, not Queensbury, and definitely not Matchroom, will be the lead promoter. I believe he's basically put Fury's career progress on hold till the Kinahan issue is resolved and Fury is allowed back into the US.

I also suspect that Fury knows what a difficult opponent Usyk would be for him and will do everything he can to avoid having to fight the "middleweight" till he starts slowing down. Usyk is 36 years old now. Fighters like him, who rely heavily on speed and reflexes, don't usually last long after their mid 30s.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 04-07-2023, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X