Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Dominant in Trilogy, Secures Decision Win Over Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champion4ever

Then why wouldn't or couldn't Canelo Alvarez do the same. Just watching two men staring at each other without throwing any punches is hardly my definition of a crowd pleasing, fan friendly, entertaining and action packed type of fight. Whatever happened to the Mexican style type of boxing?
    The Mexican style of fighting is a complete fighter go to war when needed or use you're skill when needed ala Sal Sanchez, finite lopez, Marquez, canelo etc.

Only casuals and noobs think it means fight like an idiot..

last nights fight was an excellent match between two all time greats reals fans enjoyed it.

But let me guess you loved seeing Floyd twirl around the ring for 12rds right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Personally I think much of that was exaggerated. Derevychenko and Murata fought dangerous high action fights vs GGG, and they took a beating in employing that gameplan. Most guys wouldn't be so bold. So GGG took some shots in those fights, but those guys really went for broke in there.

Then why wouldn't or couldn't Canelo Alvarez do the same? He said he was going to go for broke and stop Golovkin. Just watching two men staring at each other without throwing any punches is hardly my definition of a crowd pleasing, fan friendly, entertaining and action packed type of fight.

Whatever happened to the Mexican style type of boxing? The only reason why Canelo didn't go for broke and press more in the fight is because he didn't want to take any unnecessary risks for fear of getting hit. He didn't want to sacrifice or give any inch of his defense for his offense.

Comment

• Cmon man just be satisfied with the draw in the first fight because GGG had 3 shots but came up short

Comment

• Originally posted by Slicc View Post
          GGG looking every bit his age, he's not gonna win without a knockout. This fight should've taken place years ago.
          It did........twice.
          Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

The Mexican style of fighting is a complete fighter go to war when needed or use you're skill when needed ala Sal Sanchez, finite lopez, Marquez, canelo etc.

Only casuals and noobs think it means fight like an idiot..

last nights fight was an excellent match between two all time greats reals fans enjoyed it.

But let me guess you loved seeing Floyd twirl around the ring for 12rds right.
            Man who are you? Steve Kim, Dougie Fischer or Michael Montero? Floyd beat the living shit out of Alvarez. He couldn't win a single round against him. He completely outclassed him by shutting him down and shutting him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Man who are you? Steve Kim, Dougie Fischer or Michael Montero? Floyd beat the living shit out of Alvarez. He couldn't win a single round against him. He completely outclassed him by shutting him down and shutting him out.
              Lol Floyd "beats" no well maybe except for flyweight Japanese teens. He outscore canelo and won on a 12 rd tag match.

Lol at Floyd "beating up" someone gtfo who are you one of Floyd's **** pony tailed bodyguards ***** ass mfers.

Comment

• It was fun watching 2 of the best in a battle of strategy and tactics. For the record, I had GGG winning the first fight clearly, Canelo the second one in a closer call, and this one a clear win for Canelo. The guts prize goes to 40-year-old GGG for going the distance with a 32-year-old champion possessing mad boxing skills and brutal power. Tip of the hat.
                Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Then why wouldn't or couldn't Canelo Alvarez do the same? He said he was going to go for broke and stop Golovkin. Just watching two men staring at each other without throwing any punches is hardly my definition of a crowd pleasing, fan friendly, entertaining and action packed type of fight.

Whatever happened to the Mexican style type of boxing? The only reason why Canelo didn't go for broke and press more in the fight is because he didn't want to take any unnecessary risks for fear of getting hit. He didn't want to sacrifice or give any inch of his defense for his offense.
                  Perhaps to a casual fan it appears that way, but a match with 2 guys just trading punches can be just as boring to an educated fighter. Obviously, both can take a punch. When 2 champions familiar with each other face off, it becomes a top-level duel of all boxing skills, both offense and defense where one mistake could lead to disaster. In these fights, the true champions deliver blows without taking return fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

Lol Floyd "beats" no well maybe except for flyweight Japanese teens. He outscore canelo and won on a 12 rd tag match.

Lol at Floyd "beating up" someone gtfo who are you one of Floyd's **** pony tailed bodyguards ***** ass mfers.
                    Whatever you say. It's alright Doug?

Comment

• Originally posted by dreamroom View Post
                      Perhaps to a casual fan it appears that way, but a match with 2 guys just trading punches can be just as boring to an educated fighter. Obviously, both can take a punch. When 2 champions familiar with each other face off, it becomes a top-level duel of all boxing skills, both offense and defense where one mistake could lead to disaster. In these fights, the true champions deliver blows without taking return fire.
                      I believe it was a case of Canelo respecting Gennady too much. Do you agree? I believe had Canelo stepped on the gas pedal just a little bit more he would have gotten the TKO stoppage because Golovkin looked like he was ready to give up because he wasn't throwing any punches back. I believe that the ref would have easily waved the fight off by the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X