Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Dominant in Trilogy, Secures Decision Win Over Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected never fails to mention G at. 73 years old overlooking the opposition NOT named canelo Alvarez that had the viewer’s conditioned to one sided outcomes from GGG so when the first fight happens & it didn’t happen as expected HBOdid an amazing job marketing the brand
    Last edited by Slip jab; 09-18-2022, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

Golovkin took a beating in both fights too. You're not going to convince anyone with boxing knowledge that Golovkin looked good last night. But carry on. Canelo was the clear winner in a mostly non competitive fight.
      Yep, if you read that thread, I had already agreed with that first sentence. Not really in the Murata fight, but in the Derevy fight he definitely took his most punishment. Murata pushed a good pace for like 5 rounds but obviously GGG got the better of him even in those rounds as Murata had nothing after that and GGG KOed him in like 7 rounds. But those first 5 rounds were very high output rounds for both guys.

30 punches or so landed for each guy, compared to last night where it was like 10-12 on average for each guy per round.

Ok I disagree. I think it was a high level boxing match. I don't think most people on here are boxing fans at all to be honest with you. So I care not about their opinions at all lol.

The fight played out more or less as I expected and I understood what each guy was doing in there. I think a lot of people just don't really understand the sport on an in depth level so analysis is not their thing at all.

Comment

• He beat an old man past his prime. This fight should have been much better. If he fought him 4 years ago it would've been great. Carnelo ruined it. I bet he's proud of beating this old man.
        champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

• One jerk's opinion...there was always going to be an abundance of emotion and wishful thinking in the fan scoring for this one, but I am truly struggling for the justification of actually awarding championship rounds to Golovkin. Yes he did finally show signs of life starting with 9 (the only round which I personally saw fit to award him, in which he landed that vicious vintage left hook that would decapitate most and momentarily seemed like it may single handedly turn the tide, iirc), but Loma - Lopez (with the former easily bagging clear rounds in the back half when he finally threw the switch) this was *not*. When Golovkin's eleventh hour return fire finally arrived it was a welcome sight, but it simply wasn't enough and I felt Alvarez still got the clear best of those exchanges overall despite his output having diminished from the first half, up to and including both's final rally. And prior to that of course, the trademark ramrod jab of yore - the one that made such a compelling rebuttal to even Canelo's strongest counters and newfound command in the second fight - was conspicuously absent. It was genuinely sad to see. The glimmers were there, but in the aggregate this was a hollow shell of the first two outings. I did see an amplified version of the second fight with a more pronounced Canelo dominance as the most likely outcome going in (far more so than an actual Canelo stoppage), but last night wildly exceeded those expectations, and not in a good way.

The biggest positives to be gleaned came from moments outside the actual combat - Golovkin offering his glove around 9 or 10, the post-fight embrace in which it felt like you see both finally putting the past to rest in real time. As for what's next for G, I can still see him having plenty of pain to offer the likes of Charlo Munguia at 160, and you can bet their interest is now piqued. But those feel more like pick ems or even 55-45 for those guys now, a different story from even a year or so ago. I'd selfishly love to see Golovkin go out with one more brutally acquired scalp, even if it's no longer in his best interest.
          Last edited by Sweet Scions; 09-18-2022, 02:28 PM.
          Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever

Then why wouldn't or couldn't Canelo Alvarez do the same. Just watching two men staring at each other without throwing any punches is hardly my definition of a crowd pleasing, fan friendly, entertaining and action packed type of fight. Whatever happened to the Mexican style type of boxing?
            The Mexican style of fighting is a complete fighter go to war when needed or use you're skill when needed ala Sal Sanchez, finite lopez, Marquez, canelo etc.

Only casuals and noobs think it means fight like an idiot..

last nights fight was an excellent match between two all time greats reals fans enjoyed it.

But let me guess you loved seeing Floyd twirl around the ring for 12rds right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Personally I think much of that was exaggerated. Derevychenko and Murata fought dangerous high action fights vs GGG, and they took a beating in employing that gameplan. Most guys wouldn't be so bold. So GGG took some shots in those fights, but those guys really went for broke in there.

Then why wouldn't or couldn't Canelo Alvarez do the same? He said he was going to go for broke and stop Golovkin. Just watching two men staring at each other without throwing any punches is hardly my definition of a crowd pleasing, fan friendly, entertaining and action packed type of fight.

Whatever happened to the Mexican style type of boxing? The only reason why Canelo didn't go for broke and press more in the fight is because he didn't want to take any unnecessary risks for fear of getting hit. He didn't want to sacrifice or give any inch of his defense for his offense.

Comment

• Cmon man just be satisfied with the draw in the first fight because GGG had 3 shots but came up short

Comment

• Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                  GGG looking every bit his age, he's not gonna win without a knockout. This fight should've taken place years ago.
                  It did........twice.
                  Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

The Mexican style of fighting is a complete fighter go to war when needed or use you're skill when needed ala Sal Sanchez, finite lopez, Marquez, canelo etc.

Only casuals and noobs think it means fight like an idiot..

last nights fight was an excellent match between two all time greats reals fans enjoyed it.

But let me guess you loved seeing Floyd twirl around the ring for 12rds right.
                    Man who are you? Steve Kim, Dougie Fischer or Michael Montero? Floyd beat the living shit out of Alvarez. He couldn't win a single round against him. He completely outclassed him by shutting him down and shutting him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Man who are you? Steve Kim, Dougie Fischer or Michael Montero? Floyd beat the living shit out of Alvarez. He couldn't win a single round against him. He completely outclassed him by shutting him down and shutting him out.
                      Lol Floyd "beats" no well maybe except for flyweight Japanese teens. He outscore canelo and won on a 12 rd tag match.

Lol at Floyd "beating up" someone gtfo who are you one of Floyd's **** pony tailed bodyguards queer ass mfers.

Comment

Working...
                      X