No announcement yet.

The Boots Ennis hype is unreal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

It's not only the name recognition, he's still a good fighter. Still has something left in the tank and can box well. Like I see Benn calling him out and I'm telling you, Thurman will beat him and it won't be that difficult.
    Thurman could put one hand behind his back and beat Benn IMO. That’s easy work for Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

You could ask the same question to most of their opponents. What did Amir Khan or Kell brook do to deserve shots ? Be exposed as non elite fighters? This whole concept of 'what have they done to earn ' is such bs and just an excuse to duck. Ennis clearly is a very good fighter already and would give them a better challenge than at least all their recent opponents, so if they deserved the fights then so does he. Whos benefit are you arguing for here exactly?
      The sport of boxing. All I am saying is Boots is the future of the next generation of good welterweight champions to come and I would hate to see him cash out too soon before his career has even started by taking on one of the best top 5 P4P fighters in the world.

No matter how he looks; He is not defeating Errol Spence period. Perhaps or maybe three years from now and they are in the same weight division but no one is going to defeat a prime Errol Spence now without any championship experience.
      Last edited by champion4ever; 05-17-2022, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        The sport of boxing. All I am saying is Boots is the future of the next generation of good welterweight champions to come and I would hate to see him cash out too soon before his career has even started by taking on one of the best top 5 P4P fighters in the world.

No matter how he looks; He is not defeating Errol Spence period. Perhaps or maybe three years from now and they are in the same weight division but no one is going to defeat a prime Errol Spence now without any championship experience.

So you think it benefits the sport of boxing to avoid mega fights until the top guys are in their mid to late 30s and past their primes? Strange. Boots has had 30 fights and a pro for 7 years yet you are claiming his 'career has not even started' which is again archaic boxing logic, and what is ruining the sport.

Spence and Crawford are already past their primes. The next generation need to be tested vs the best of their era, not playing it safe until they are their prime and then we pretend they are the best without ever proving it, and around we go. Who cares if Ennis fights them and loses? His reputation won't be damaged too much unless hes dominated, and it helps the reputation of spence and crawford.
        Last edited by Oracle01; 05-17-2022, 02:28 PM.

Comment

boxing has become such a business that it's rare the we see the top guys facing each other or even daring to be great. Boots passes the eye test and all the fighters see that and don't want to take the high risk low reward route. this past year has had a good shift to the best fighting the best and we have had 2 unified champs in the past year, hopefully we continue going that route.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

I’d agree if he was beaten ONCE by the same guy but 3TIMES!!??
            A lot has happened since then and Russell is no slouch. Maybe if Gary moves up, they'll meet again.

Comment

Real question is when will fans see him back in the ring? For a guy who suffered no injuries, executed just a few dance steps, man he could have fought another fight the next day. Will he wait for Spence, whose fight hasn't even scheduled yet. It would take at least 8 months to even see him talk about his next fight... Will Ennis take a risky fight while waiting or take another showcase fight? Man this is not a sport. This is a waiting game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                Let's have someone finally testing his chin, then we'll talk.
                The thing is to GET to his chin. He's fact moving, very long arms, huge height advantages throws a lot of punches, mostly "swingers". some of thgm are bound to land, and they're naturally heavy.

But...so far, he's no Shane Mosley., who was a straight killer with even more speed and heavier punch, without the long arms advantage..
                Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I’d like to see them fight in about 12 months. Let Ennis have at least one or ideally two more learning fights and let Spence and Crawford finally get at it. Spence/Crawford vs Ennis are fights for 2023 at the earliest IMO.
                  Well Spence- Bud will be around September the earliest. I am sure Boots will fight in he meanwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

- - Bootsie weren't meant for walking all over Spence.

Maybe fight Cornflake LaManna in Mexico who at least got a WBA shot recently.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

The thing is to GET to his chin. He's fact moving, very long arms, huge height advantages throws a lot of punches, mostly "swingers". some of thgm are bound to land, and they're naturally heavy.

But...so far, he's no Shane Mosley., who was a straight killer with even more speed and heavier punch, without the long arms advantage..
                      Remember how Thomas Hearns looked untouchable at the beginning?

Every puncher with huge reach gets caught by a good one sooner or later. I'll be curious to see how Ennis reacts when that day comes. For the moment, I'm enjoying watching him knocking people out.

Comment

Working...
                      X