Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez vs. Conor Benn Eyed For July 9 In London, Says Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

On the contrary. There are suggestions that Taylor could fight Lopez. If that were the case, then Ramirez knows his next fight isn't for a title which is what he's after. So he needs another fight in the meantime. Does he want a tick over at 140? Or a much bigger payday and higher profile fight against Benn whilst testing the waters at 147? A Benn fight would be a good entry fight into the WW division. Its no secret he's had a hard time making weight for his last 3 or 4 fights. And after that he can then weigh up his options. Back to 140 if a title shot is available? Or stay at 147 after a good win which will announce his arrival in the WW division. And Hearn has been in negotiations with Top Rank for that fight. Its their main target at the moment for Benns next fight. July 9 at the O2 has been booked. Either Benn headlines if this can be made, or Chisora headlines and Benn fights in August against someone else.
    Emailing Top Rank with an offer does not mean the fight is “being negotiated”.

Classic Warren bull****. Book the date, and then randomly start throwing out massive American names “in negotiation”. Eventually some D-List fighter will be revealed as the opponent.

Jose Ramirez is not moving up in weight to be an opponent for a prospect. Period. There is no universe in which that’s being considered. He’d love a fight with Lopez. He’d love a rematch with Taylor at 40. Zero chance of him moving up.

The fact that Hearn mentioned Thurman should have been your tell here. Thurman is only taking a massive fight or an easy tuneup, the fact that Hearn mentioned his name as if that fight was even in the remotest of possibilities is beyond me.

Clear to anyone with a brain that Hearn is making **** up.
    Last edited by paulf; 05-14-2022, 11:44 AM.
    mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      You were talking about profile. I'm talking about how there's never been precedence set for that point to be made. Benn hasn't proven to be above fighting anybody.
      I'm not talking about Benns profile. His is needing raised. Ramirez is an opponent that can help do that. That's all I'm saying. I didn't think it was so hard to grasp lol.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Classic Warren bull****. Book the date, and then randomly start throwing out massive American names “in negotiation”. Eventually some D-List fighter will be revealed as the opponent.

Jose Ramirez is not moving up in weight to be an opponent for a prospect. Period. There is no universe in which that’s being considered. He’d love a fight with Lopez. He’d love a rematch with Taylor at 40. Zero chance of him moving up.

The fact that Hearn mentioned Thurman should have been your tell here. Thurman is only taking a massive fight or an easy tuneup, the fact that Hearn mentioned his name as if that fight was even in the remotest of possibilities is beyond me.

Thurman has been mentioned as that's Benns personal first choice. Hearn has said that he would rather he had one more first. That is why their chasing Ramirez. Their not pursuing Thurman. And I've not said that they are. In fact quite the opposite. I've clearly stated that Thurman is in no need of Benn. And he'll not be allowed to fight on DAZN in any case.As for a fight not being negotiated. You know this, how? Time will tell. I know what Ramirez wants. But money talks. Now that you've exhausted half your brain, try engaging the other half. You'll find using the whole thing to be much more productive.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          'We tried to get Ramirez but he priced himself out so here's Robert Guerrero instead'
          He's not getting Guerro. He's PBC. Their not allowed on Dazn.

Comment

They really do like throwing out names of fighters they know they're not fighting.
            So your saying there's absolutely no chance they get Ramirez? Just to be clear.

Comment

So your saying there's absolutely no chance they get Ramirez? Just to be clear.
              I'm saying they throw out names they knowingly have no chance of fighting or even have real intentions of fighting.

Did you see me say Ramirez and are you always this sensitive? Just to be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

The date has been booked for the O2 to put on an event that night. It's not a certainty that it's Benn that night. It will be if they can secure Ramirez. If not, Chisora is headlining that night and Benn will be out in August against someone else.

Comment

I'm not talking about Benns profile. His is needing raised. Ramirez is an opponent that can help do that. That's all I'm saying. I didn't think it was so hard to grasp lol.
                  That's good you're making that point instead of something foolish like Benn is too big of a name to fight Ava. Some of you Matchroom fc types are that delusional so I'm glad you straightened that out.

Comment

I'm saying they throw out names they knowingly have no chance of fighting or even have real intentions of fighting.

Did you see me say Ramirez and are you always this sensitive? Just to be clear.
                    " they throw out names they knowingly have no chance of fighting or even have real intentions of fighting ". Given that the article is about trying to secure a fight with Ramirez, then it seems to me that must be who your referring too. If not do enlighten us as to who you had in mind. Your really making this tough for yourself.

Comment

" they throw out names they knowingly have no chance of fighting or even have real intentions of fighting ". Given that the article is about trying to secure a fight with Ramirez, then it seems to me that must be who your referring too. If not do enlighten us as to who you had in mind. Your really making this tough for yourself.
                      Thurman and Porter come to mind. I'm not making this hard, it's just not easy to have conversations with haughty type people like yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X