Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez vs. Conor Benn Eyed For July 9 In London, Says Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
    A crap fight. Benn at welterweight against a light welterweight. He knocks out Ramirez or batters him over the distance.

The welterweight division isn't that deep as people think though.
    Its deep for PBC. Not for everyone else. That's why everyone else is having to try to match ups from left field.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Maybe not. So who is Taylor fighting? Who is Lopez fighting?
      No idea but the rumor comes of Teo who is certifiable so I assume it's bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Lol we're counting guys he hasn't fought?
        I'm not getting your point here?

Comment

Originally posted by Babadoux View Post
          I don't think Ramirez is done at 140lbs. Is Hearn blowing up smoke up our arsses? Just fight Avanesyan then try to fight Thurman.
          They don't want Avanesyan. That's been made clear. Ramirez is a bigger fight. They won't get Thurman he, won't want Benn, and PBC won't let him fight on DAZN.

Comment

I'm not getting your point here?
            I'm not sure what needs to be explained.

Comment

They don't want Avanesyan. That's been made clear. Ramirez is a bigger fight. They won't get Thurman he, won't want Benn, and PBC won't let him fight on DAZN.
              Why would Thurman fight on DAZN? The A sides don't cross the street for B sides.

Comment

No idea but the rumor comes of Teo who is certifiable so I assume it's bull****.
                That's what I thought at first. But Taylors team have been suggesting he can fight at 140 next, as he came back to the gym in better condition than he started his last camp. And I can't see him fighting at 147 until its his WBO mandatory shot, which wont be until spring next year. Taylor won't get up and motivated for an average non title fight. So a Lopez fight makes sense, especially as their both coming off poor performances. And it ticks the boxes for Top Rank. Yes, Teo talks nonsense and I won't believe it until from a stronger source. But it actually makes sense for all parties, so I think there could be something in this. But it's just my opinion.

Comment

I'm not sure what needs to be explained.
                  How is Ramirez not a big name? He's a regular on ESPN. He sells out his local arena and has a strong fan fanbase. He draws much the same fans as Mikey Garcia, Vergil Ortiz Jr, Bam Rodriguez etc. He's a former unified world champion who has only lost in an undisputed fight to Josh Taylor who is well known in the UK and therefore Ramirez is heard of in the UK. He's coming off a good win over Jose Pedraza, who's a former 2 weight world champion. If your meaning something other than that, then there is something to explain.

Comment

Why would Thurman fight on DAZN? The A sides don't cross the street for B sides.
                    That's exactly the point. That's what why I said they won't get Thurman.

Comment

How is Ramirez not a big name? He's a regular on ESPN. He sells out his local arena and has a strong fan fanbase. He draws much the same fans as Mikey Garcia, Vergil Ortiz Jr, Bam Rodriguez etc. He's a former unified world champion who has only lost in an undisputed fight to Josh Taylor who is well known in the UK and therefore Ramirez is heard of in the UK. He's coming off a good win over Jose Pedraza, who's a former 2 weight world champion. If your meaning something other than that, then there is something to explain.
                      Having a big name has never been part of the criteria to get a Conor Benn fight. Lol pretending someone needs a name to fight him and only citing a fight that hasn't happened is proof of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X