Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez vs. Conor Benn Eyed For July 9 In London, Says Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benn should just move down to jr welter. Make it easy on Eddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Thurman and Porter come to mind. I'm not making this hard, it's just not easy to have conversations with haughty type people like yourself.
      Your quote of "They throw out names they knowingly have no chance of fighting or even have real intentions in fighting" is pure comedy gold of the highest standards. Irony of the finest cuts.

Why? You've just given a retired fighter in Porter. Read your words and see why you've just genuinely made me laugh. North America is the only place this batshlt to have these as their natural personality traits.
      Last edited by Sid-Knee; 05-14-2022, 06:16 PM.
      SplitSecond SplitSecond likes this.

Comment

But he wanted fights with Thurman and Porter lol?

But yeah it's clear to see what they're doing with their matchmaking. Which isn't all that unusual.
        Who wanted the fight with Porter? Benn himself, or as you say, Hearn who is just putting names out there he has no intention of fighting?

Also, what are these fights Hearn had no intention in making in the past you speak of? I'm interested.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          I'm going to DM Floyd Mayweather later with an offer to fight him. On the moon. Next Tuesday.

So I guess you could say my fight is "in negotiations"..... "targeted for 05/18"
          But we know that isn't feasible for many reasons. Wanting to fight Ramirez very much is.

And therein lies the difference.

Comment

Not sure why everyone expects Benn to step up so quick. He's 25 years old with 21 fights.

Add to that, pretty much everyone thought he was awful 2 years ago, I mean club fighter level - surprising me that he's now even in the mix now. Give the guy some time. They are clearly doing a great job marketing and improving him if we are talking about these fights.

Eddie needs to keep doing what he's doing. If Ramirez was for a title I would get it, if it really is in the works then huge step up, I'd make Ramirez favourite at this stage. If they using the name (and others) for marketing, so what? It's working, there's 7 pages here I can't be bothered to read about.
            Sid-Knee Sid-Knee likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Who wanted the fight with Porter? Benn himself, or as you say, Hearn who is just putting names out there he has no intention of fighting?

Also, what are these fights Hearn had no intention in making in the past you speak of? I'm interested.
              I've hears both benn and Hearn say Porter and I already named Thurman and Porter as the guys they had no intentions of fighting lol wtf.

Comment

Eddie throw out these names he knows he can't deliver only to announce some other BS Fight

Why in the HELL would Arum send Ramirez over to fight Benn when Ramirez is in place to become World Champion again when Taylor ultimately Drop those Belts

I Call Complete BULLSH^T and the fact that they want to make a fight with a 140 Fighter when you're in one of the deepest Divisions at 147 which has plenty of options for him. Only thing with 147 being Deep, it is not many soft touches in that Division at all. You try to Cherry Pick a Lucas Santamaria, Abel Ramos, Cody Crowley, Ray Robinson you could easily get upset by one of those guys or need a very favorable Hometown Decision to save your 0 like Josh Kelly needed vs Ray Robinson
                paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

I've hears both benn and Hearn say Porter and I already named Thurman and Porter as the guys they had no intentions of fighting lol wtf.
                  I've heard Benn say it after Porter called time. But not Eddie. Where can you direct me for this information on Eddie saying it after Porter called time?

You don't want to answer the other question? It should be easy as you make out that it happens quite regularly. Which is news to me. But i'm all ears (Eyes).

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

I've heard Benn say it after Porter called time. But not Eddie. Where can you direct me for this information on Eddie saying it after Porter called time?

You don't want to answer the other question? It should be easy as you make out that it happens quite regularly. Which is news to me. But i'm all ears (Eyes).
                    Porter was not retired when either guy named him as a potential opponent. Like I said, Porter retiring doesn't undo them throwing his name out there.

Comment

Porter was not retired when either guy named him as a potential opponent. Like I said, Porter retiring doesn't undo them throwing his name out there.
                      So it was a feasible fight then? I'm sure Eddie and Benn would take the fight. It's high risk at this point, but high reward too. Avanesyan is too risky as it brings no reward.

Eddie has not once called for Thurman though. Benn has said he'd like that fight. But Eddie has always said it's too soon for him. So you're wrong on that count.

But who are these past fighters Hearn has done this with like you claimed?

Comment

Working...
                      X