Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez vs. Conor Benn Eyed For July 9 In London, Says Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez vs. Conor Benn Eyed For July 9 In London, Says Eddie Hearn

Undefeated upstart Conor Benn has been banging the drums demanding a big-time bout as his coming-out party, and he just may get his wish.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jose Ramirez is a tough fighter he will bang with Benn that's a guarantee but I think Benn will be too strong for him
    Theosis26 and Castilo like this.

Comment

Thought this fight was signed then, until I read past the headline. Just based a whole article on the fevered workings out and verbal diarrhoea of a promoter. Got me to click and comment, so excellent work, I suppose.

Comment

I was not aware of any plans for Ramirez to move up. Which is because there aren't any.

Taylor is about to vacate his belts and Ramirez will be looking to pick them up.

Hearn is reaching Frank Warren levels here. There are no discussions for a Ramirez fight. Thurman? Good ****ing Lord - as if!
        Theosis26 likes this.

Comment

Complete dribble from Hearn. Ramirez is in line for a title shot when Taylor vacates, or pretty soon if he doesnt. Why doesn't Hearn make a offer to Taylor who's looking to go to 147 and would be a big UK fight?
          Oldskoolg and Castilo like this.

Comment

Ill take Ramirez by knockout.

Comment

Would be good fight but ain't going to happen

Comment

Typical Hearn name dropping then he will send some bs lowball offer, claim Ramirez priced himself out and fight some semi retired has-been that can't crack an egg.
                Oldskoolg, and like this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  I was not aware of any plans for Ramirez to move up. Which is because there aren't any.

Taylor is about to vacate his belts and Ramirez will be looking to pick them up.

Hearn is reaching Frank Warren levels here. There are no discussions for a Ramirez fight. Thurman? Good ****ing Lord - as if!
                  On the contrary. There are suggestions that Taylor could fight Lopez. If that were the case, then Ramirez knows his next fight isn't for a title which is what he's after. So he needs another fight in the meantime. Does he want a tick over at 140? Or a much bigger payday and higher profile fight against Benn whilst testing the waters at 147? A Benn fight would be a good entry fight into the WW division. Its no secret he's had a hard time making weight for his last 3 or 4 fights. And after that he can then weigh up his options. Back to 140 if a title shot is available? Or stay at 147 after a good win which will announce his arrival in the WW division. And Hearn has been in negotiations with Top Rank for that fight. Its their main target at the moment for Benns next fight. July 9 at the O2 has been booked. Either Benn headlines if this can be made, or Chisora headlines and Benn fights in August against someone else.
                  Last edited by Rodtang; 05-14-2022, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Yeah, happen not gonna! Bob is not doing that! Go after Thurman, or move Montana Love up to 147! MAN UP!

Comment

Working...
                    X