Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez vs. Conor Benn Eyed For July 9 In London, Says Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A crap fight. Benn at welterweight against a light welterweight. He knocks out Ramirez or batters him over the distance.

The welterweight division isn't that deep as people think though.

Comment

Murmurs are that Tsylor could fight Lopez. That would mean that Ramirez isn't getting a shot next. So in the meantime he has to fight someone else. Before you all ridicule this as BS, is it such a ridiculous idea really? It'll test the waters at 147 for JR. It'll be a big payday, as he's not going to go to the UK for button's and Hearn has already stated that their gonna have to pay big to get a big name. It's no secret has struggled to make 140 for 3 or 4 fights now, and in light of his friend Vergil suffering Rabdo, he might fancy one less weight cut. A good win over Benn is an excellent entry into the WW division and will then give him options. He can stay at 147 having announced himself and putting himself in a strong position. Or he can go back to 140 if a title shot is available. Taylor isn't fighting until September at the earliest as he's getting married in the summer. If he then fights Lopez, this Benn fight for JR isn't as far fetched as some may think, as a title shot will be some way off.Hearn is already in negotiations and said their at an advanced stage. If he ties this up It'll be July 9 at the O2. If not, Chisora will be out July 9 and Benn will face another opponent in August. And JR will most likely have a lower paid tick over in Fresno at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Yeah, happen not gonna! Bob is not doing that! Go after Thurman, or move Montana Love up to 147! MAN UP!
        He's not gonna get Thurman. If your Thurman, why are you fighting Benn? It does nothing for him. Thurman wants Spence or Crawford. And if he can't get them he'll fight another PBC guy. Montana love doesn't have the profile yet their after.

Comment

I don't think Ramirez is done at 140lbs. Is Hearn blowing up smoke up our arsses? Just fight Avanesyan then try to fight Thurman.

Comment

I like this fight. It ticks the boxes. We all know Ramirez is a live dog and will give Benn problems. That's what everyone has been calling for, right? So if Benn wins he should get his due props. Will he win? I think he can but would not bet my mortgage on it. Its a tough one. And I think, a fun fight. But if he wins would he get credit? On this forum I should think not. He'll be slaughtered for fighting a 140 lbr. Then the usual drivel of he's scared of Avanesyan and he never mentions Ennis. My only criticism of this fight is just that. I'd like him to fight an established WW. Bur JR is a massive 140, so saying he's only fighting a 140lbr is just petty. The haters will keep coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
              Murmurs are that Tsylor could fight Lopez. That would mean that Ramirez isn't getting a shot next.
              Lol nah, not happening
              RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

He's not gonna get Thurman. If your Thurman, why are you fighting Benn? It does nothing for him. Thurman wants Spence or Crawford. And if he can't get them he'll fight another PBC guy. Montana love doesn't have the profile yet their after.
                Since when does Benn fight guys with big profiles?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Since when does Benn fight guys with big profiles?
                  Jose Ramirez isn't?

Comment

Jose Ramirez isn't?
                    Lol we're counting guys he hasn't fought?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Lol nah, not happening
                      Maybe not. So who is Taylor fighting? Who is Lopez fighting?

Comment

Working...
                      X