Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell: I Gave Magsayo a Boxing Lesson, I Felt Like I Won The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Weird how Magsayo was beating Russell before he got injured.

    Margsayo stuck with the game plan and didn't adjust. Magsayo would've definitely beaten a healthy Russell that night.

    It's Magsayo's boxing IQ is lacking.
    You can't just stick with the game plan after what happened inside ring.
    ValarMargulis likes this.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      I give GRJ credit for making the fight relatively close considering he only had a left hand for about 9 rounds. Some of that was assisted by the limitations of his opponent.

      That being said, he didn't win the fight. If he was that injured leading up to it, he should have bailed out of the matchup. His supreme self confidence let him down in this one.
      Gary has like what, 6 kids?

      It's clear that he doesn't pull out for anything.
      EL_GRINGO, shenmue and 10 others like this.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        This sounds very similar to Adrien Broner's "I beat that boy comment:" How delusional and insane is that? No, you lost the fight Gary by a very wide margin and it wasn't even close.
        Well, no - not exactly.

        Broner didn't throw, and didn't win a single minute of the Pacquiao fight. Russell did pick some rounds, perhaps due more to Magsayo's ineffective pressure than anything else. I had Magsayo winning as well, but it was not a very wide margin in my scorecard.

        To be honest, Magsayo let me down... I thought (and bet, unfortunately) he would win via KO against an injured opponent.
        champion4ever likes this.

        Comment


        • #14
          GRJ gave Mark a boxing lesson with one hand. Simple. No other way to twist that.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Should've had a rematch clause Champ! You did enough with one hand to guarantee that won't happen! Now go tell Al Haymon you want Brandon Figueroa or Stephen Fulton!
            No, he couldn't get a rematch clause because it wasn't an option. Gary Russell, Jr had to fight Magsayo because he was his mandatory challenger. If he hadn't fought him then he would have run the risk of being stripped or losing the title altogether.

            Comment


            • #16
              Blame yourself G. You vs TBA fighting once a year, didnt help your cause.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                GRJ gave Mark a boxing lesson with one hand. Simple. No other way to twist that.
                By averaging throwing less than three punches per round and he gave him a boxing lesson?

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  By averaging throwing less than three punches per round and he gave him a boxing lesson?
                  Broner moment

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    No, he couldn't get a rematch clause because it wasn't an option. Gary Russell, Jr had to fight Magsayo because he was his mandatory challenger. If he hadn't fought him then he would have run the risk of being stripped or losing the title altogether.
                    I think he still could've had a rematch clause, but his arrogance probably made him feel he didn't need it, just like Loma vs.Lopez!

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                      I give GRJ credit for making the fight relatively close considering he only had a left hand for about 9 rounds. Some of that was assisted by the limitations of his opponent.

                      That being said, he didn't win the fight. If he was that injured leading up to it, he should have bailed out of the matchup. His supreme self confidence let him down in this one.
                      I understand what you are saying but my opinion is a tad bit different, because his arrogance is what caused him defeat.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP