Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell: I Gave Magsayo a Boxing Lesson, I Felt Like I Won The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing fan1981
    replied
    The following idiots and their fans need to learn how to lose:

GGG
    RUSSELL
    WILDER
    TEO

Leave a comment:

• jai mari078
    replied
    Can't win a fight when you don't throw punches

Leave a comment:

• DeeMoney
    replied
    Originally posted by ooMCFMoo View Post

Lol clown u r skewing everything to make it look favorable for russel

He got outworked, outlanded and generally outpunched and yall still think he won that sht?
    Please re-read my post, specifically the first line. I am not writing that I think Russell won; I am writing how ambiguous boxing rules allows people to skew things in such a way.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

I mean, you could be right. Neither of us really knows for sure; it's all speculation. One thing we know for sure is that he will claim whatever story makes him look best.

Just to be clear, I didn't say, and also don't believe, that he was in good form for this fight. A fighter can't stay battle ready on 6/7 of a fight per year.

But whether it was an old or new injury, I do think he was hurt.
    He needs to move up in weight if he is going to prolong his career. he had trouble cutting weight this time which is a sign of an aging and ruined fight. Brandon Figueroa beats the living crap out of Gary Russell, Jr at 126. He has clearly outgrown the division and should begin campaigning at least a 130lbs or higher instead.

Leave a comment:

• The tucker
    replied
    Originally posted by ooMCFMoo View Post

Yah dude, where did i hear this again?
    oh right, from every boxer who lost, as their excuse.
    Did you even watch the fight? Even compubox showed he didn’t throw his right hand the last 5 or so rounds. I doubt you did even watch it.

Leave a comment:

• BustedKnuckles
    replied
    Wait, wait...

I just thought of something. Wish I was the first commenter here.

GRJ was half right. He did give Mag a boxing lesson. The boxing lesson was, "Fight more than once a year, or else you get slow and lazy and don't even want to train properly for a fight."

Leave a comment:

• BustedKnuckles
    replied
    Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Then why wasn't Russell ripping off those typical high precision and accurate combination punches he normally throw in the first three rounds of their fight before his shoulder injury in the fourth round? I'll tell you why it's because the man has gotten old overnight. Besides, he said it was an old injury he sustained more than several years ago prior to that fight anyhow. He blamed his poor conditioning and stamina on his two year inactivity from the ring. It had really aged him.
    I mean, you could be right. Neither of us really knows for sure; it's all speculation. One thing we know for sure is that he will claim whatever story makes him look best.

Just to be clear, I didn't say, and also don't believe, that he was in good form for this fight. A fighter can't stay battle ready on 6/7 of a fight per year.

But whether it was an old or new injury, I do think he was hurt.

Leave a comment:

• ooMCFMoo
    replied
    Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post

This is the ambiguity of scoring criteria playing out in some people's minds:

Effective Aggression: Magsayo was missing upwards of 30 punches per round, so in the eyes of some he wasn't 'effective'. Russell was only missing about 15-20 a round, ergo he was more effective.

Defense: Magsayo missed more than Russell, ergo Russell's defense was better

Ring Generalship: Russell was able to pick and choose when he threw his punches, thats what he wants. He was fighting his fight- so he was the ring general.

Hard & Clean Punches: Most of Magsayo's punches werent landing. But even if its a wash in this category, theyve already convinced themselves Russell has won based on the other three.

I know a lot of pretentious boxing know-it-alls who think like this, it allows them to hold sway in their minds over those of us who tend to score a round for the fighter who lands more and lands better.
    Lol clown u r skewing everything to make it look favorable for russel

He got outworked, outlanded and generally outpunched and yall still think he won that sht?

Leave a comment:

• ooMCFMoo
    replied
    Originally posted by The tucker View Post
    Mark won the fight imo but the fact that mark got a majority decision against a one armed boxer shows me he should avoid a rematch with Gary at all cost.
    Yah dude, where did i hear this again?
    oh right, from every boxer who lost, as their excuse.

Leave a comment:

• PanchoGomez
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Cholo View Post
    Hilarious lmao

Leave a comment:

Working...
X