Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Views Fury-Whyte Purse Bid As Whyte's Best Option: 'I Don't See A Deal Being Done At 80/20'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
    So entitled to Whyte wants 10 mill, that's rediculous.
    Is Hearn then going to put in a 50 mill bid so Whyte can get his 10 mill in an 80 20 split xD
    He was talking himself in circles there explaining nothing xD

As a bloke I'd love to have a pint with eddie but as a Rematchroom promoter i wish he'd go play in traffic blindfolded on the m25.
    You don't need to make a purse bid of $50M to pay Whyte $10M (and he knows he's not getting $10M anyway). Official purses aren't a boxer's only source of revenue.
    ​​
    What they bid depends on what the fight can make and the costs they need to factor in.

Comment

Whyte is really an annoying fighter, not capable of beating any of the champions, turned down several title belts fights, and always putting pressure and in the middle of real big flights
      Jkp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
        It's an interesting situation actually. Think most likely scenario now is Fury vacating.

DAZN clearly see this as the start of PPV in the UK.

Top Rank are in a difficult position, pay up a big fee or vacate the belt, which makes Fury look like a ducker and loses all his momentum. They will need to go way above 20% and it doesn't look like they can afford it.
        Top Rank may have to do the dirty on BT to stand a chance of getting this event and somehow dump them for Sky (Tyson's contract is with BT and Frank will not be happy) - or Tyson has a decision to make... Duck the fight (vacate) or fight on the 'away' card.
        Fury’s got one fight left on his Top Rank/ESPN deal. They could let it go to purse bid and even if they lose, it then means they keep Fury for the fight after Whyte, which may be an even bigger fight (unification). So Top Rank aren’t in too bad a position, if things play out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ry92 View Post
          Rule should be 25-33% big name contenders wnd former champs 40% no name or lesser belt champs and 50% for if you need the name theyre a bigger name or theyre a legit champ in own right 20% no name contenders. Example sanchez 20% parker n whyte level 25-33% a lone ibf champ vs someone multi beltd 40% wilder vs aj usyk winner a 40-50% share names needed for all involved and ? Results can usyk dodge the right for 12 rounds, how many rds til wilder drop aj and will he get up
          but how do you get an official measurement of how big a name is? - views? But not all networks release official figures.

That’s exactly why the WBC take in to account the official purse for previous fights, because they have to be officially submitted. Whyte submitted a 300k purse for his last fight, Fury made far, far more. more than 30x what Whyte did. That’s why Whyte got given 20% by the WBC. Judging by their previous purses for their last fights, it’s more than fair.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Fury’s got one fight left on his Top Rank/ESPN deal. They could let it go to purse bid and even if they lose, it then means they keep Fury for the fight after Whyte, which may be an even bigger fight (unification). So Top Rank aren’t in too bad a position, if things play out that way.
            True, but in that case I suppose they won't be too upset if they lose the purse, in that they don't lose money.

​​​​​​But, I'm not sure that's how the contract will work. The contract will surely still be for that one fight, regardless of whether they win purse.

If you're right... If I'm Top Rank, I'm going to lose this purse deliberately to have that undisputed/rematch in the worse scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

True, but in that case I suppose they won't be too upset if they lose the purse, in that they don't lose money.

​​​​​​But, I'm not sure that's how the contract will work. The contract will surely still be for that one fight, regardless of whether they win purse.

If you're right... If I'm Top Rank, I'm going to lose this purse deliberately to have that undisputed/rematch in the worse scenario.
              Generally those multi fight contracts are for an exclusive deal, so if if they lose a purse bid, then that upcoming fight doesn’t count as part of the multi fight deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                That's exactly what he's doing with a purse bid, he puts more in to win the purse bid and can pay Whyte extra and if someone outbids him Whyte still makes more than taking an Arum bid.

So you're in favour of a purse bid ??

You’ve gone quite Doogal my laddie. Where you gone? Take it as you don’t know what to respond with. MUPPET

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                  Wilder had no PPVs to stand on . He’s not even one now ,neither is Ortiz ,we don’t know if Fury is even one if he fights outside title fights ?

What you guys forget is Hearn has sent numerous offers the WBC even mandated Fury to fight Wilder for the Diamond belt but he declined so where do you get there the scared ones ?

Arum has far more to lose and ESPN even more .AJ brand name sells itself he’s been selling out venues long before he had any titles these guys claiming to want 60% and 50% when they aren’t draws back then is hilarious. If the fight wasn’t happening inter U.K you’d have a point but it’s not . Whyte losing would have little impact on Hearns life where did you get that conclusion from ? A.J will still be here and Hrgovic is far more promising then Whyte. .
                  Why did Dillian turn Joshua down? He got offered a career high pay day and a title shot. Whyte claims he’s an old school fighter that faces anyone.

he was counting AJ money, that’s what he was doing.

he’s doing the same now. He’s backwards. So are you aswell. Nobody has PPV until they try selling a fight. You really think the fans come for Whyte?

how did they sell 10,000 seats for okolie v Chamberlain?

stupid people like you. People who don’t support fighters themselves, that throw themselves in the way of any negative comments towards Hearn or matchroom.

you are in love with Eddie and ya need to give ya head a bang to wake it up.

Comment

Whyte isn’t anything special. I just don’t see that he has a lot to bargain with. If he doesn’t want the fight, there are other fights equally or even more compelling.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

He had the NBA & NYSAC titles, which became the WBA & WBC titles.
                      Nice knowledge! But the ring is the first actual belt right? I am happy to be schooled here

Comment

Working...
                      X