Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Views Fury-Whyte Purse Bid As Whyte's Best Option: 'I Don't See A Deal Being Done At 80/20'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortez
    replied
    Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

I'm not sure. I know boxing belts started as a thing in the early 1800s, but I don't know which organizations started giving which belts when.
    The British championship was the first ever belt and I guess the ring was first world belt

Leave a comment:

• WBC WBA IBF
    replied
    Originally posted by Cortez View Post
    Did the old titles have a belt?
    I'm not sure. I know boxing belts started as a thing in the early 1800s, but I don't know which organizations started giving which belts when.

Leave a comment:

• Cortez
    replied

He won the NBA title in 1921. He won the NYSAC in 1922. He was awarded the Ring Magazine title at some point in 1922, but I don't have a way of knowing if it was before or after the NYSAC win, but it was definitely after the NBA.
    Did the old titles have a belt?

Leave a comment:

• WBC WBA IBF
    replied
    Originally posted by Cortez View Post
    Nice knowledge! But the ring is the first actual belt right? I am happy to be schooled here
    He won the NBA title in 1921. He won the NYSAC in 1922. He was awarded the Ring Magazine title at some point in 1922, but I don't have a way of knowing if it was before or after the NYSAC win, but it was definitely after the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• Cortez
    replied
    I do know that the wba was the first of today's alphabet soup formerly nba

Leave a comment:

• Cortez
    replied

He had the NBA & NYSAC titles, which became the WBA & WBC titles.
    Nice knowledge! But the ring is the first actual belt right? I am happy to be schooled here

Leave a comment:

• 4truth
    replied
    Whyte isn’t anything special. I just don’t see that he has a lot to bargain with. If he doesn’t want the fight, there are other fights equally or even more compelling.

Leave a comment:

• RoadMan94
    replied
    Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    Wilder had no PPVs to stand on . He’s not even one now ,neither is Ortiz ,we don’t know if Fury is even one if he fights outside title fights ?

What you guys forget is Hearn has sent numerous offers the WBC even mandated Fury to fight Wilder for the Diamond belt but he declined so where do you get there the scared ones ?

Arum has far more to lose and ESPN even more .AJ brand name sells itself he’s been selling out venues long before he had any titles these guys claiming to want 60% and 50% when they aren’t draws back then is hilarious. If the fight wasn’t happening inter U.K you’d have a point but it’s not . Whyte losing would have little impact on Hearns life where did you get that conclusion from ? A.J will still be here and Hrgovic is far more promising then Whyte. .
    Why did Dillian turn Joshua down? He got offered a career high pay day and a title shot. Whyte claims he’s an old school fighter that faces anyone.

he was counting AJ money, that’s what he was doing.

he’s doing the same now. He’s backwards. So are you aswell. Nobody has PPV until they try selling a fight. You really think the fans come for Whyte?

how did they sell 10,000 seats for okolie v Chamberlain?

stupid people like you. People who don’t support fighters themselves, that throw themselves in the way of any negative comments towards Hearn or matchroom.

you are in love with Eddie and ya need to give ya head a bang to wake it up.

Leave a comment:

• RoadMan94
    replied
    Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
    That's exactly what he's doing with a purse bid, he puts more in to win the purse bid and can pay Whyte extra and if someone outbids him Whyte still makes more than taking an Arum bid.

So you're in favour of a purse bid ??

You’ve gone quite Doogal my laddie. Where you gone? Take it as you don’t know what to respond with. MUPPET

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Originally posted by M312 View Post

True, but in that case I suppose they won't be too upset if they lose the purse, in that they don't lose money.

​​​​​​But, I'm not sure that's how the contract will work. The contract will surely still be for that one fight, regardless of whether they win purse.

If you're right... If I'm Top Rank, I'm going to lose this purse deliberately to have that undisputed/rematch in the worse scenario.
    Generally those multi fight contracts are for an exclusive deal, so if if they lose a purse bid, then that upcoming fight doesn’t count as part of the multi fight deal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X