Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Knocks Marcus Browne Out in Ninth of Bloody Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think Canelo beats this guy . The only thing he has over Canelo is power. Canelo is much quicker, better defensively, I think he has a better chin also. He is a much better fighter overall. I would give AB a punchers chance at best because he could of course catch Canelo with something and that could be it. I would pay to watch it

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Paper titled stiffs? Fraud at 190? Are you kidding? The man started his career at 147 and will do something I’m not sure ANYONE in professional boxing has done and that’s move up from 147 to 200 for a title. He’s 5’10/5’9. I don’t care who he or anyone fights at 200 it’s a monumental achievement to go from welter to Cruiser. To fight these naturally big men? He’s dwarfed in not only height, but reach, natural weight, strength and endurance as they’re used to the weight.

The fan boi hatred, celebutard worship, anonymous forum posting by Cheeto face dusted, basement dwellers is just that; envy and hatred towards someone who has achieved in life vs…well…. Nothing of significance. What’s even more astonishing and quite obvious is that you’ve got on these very forums supposed “boxing fans.”

More like boxing casuals. You’ll never in your lifetime see achievements that this present boxer is doing; never again. Instead of relishing the moment and savoring something great in boxing you’d rather try to be cute and coy with what you perceive as an intelligent remark to get those “likes” from the groupie girlfriend audience. All you’ve done is display your complete ignorance to not only boxing but sports in general.
      Canelo actually 5’ 7” short as hell

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

Rounds 1 and 2 Brown was a mover and def had faster hands then Artur. Artur was reluctant to throw, even when he trapped Brown in a corner, in the corner Brown would frustrate Artur with upper body movement causing him to not throw then escape. 3rd round we had Brown throw a hook in a clinch and following that hook up with a headbutt that caused bad bleeding in Artur. My stream cut out for 2 rounds but when I got back Artur was jabbing more and starting to gain momentum and Brown's workrate and footwork lessened. Artur's power must be real, a lot of his punches were 'chippy', short clipping shots and then mixed in with long full extension punches but those short clipping shots really took a lot out of Brown.

The ref kept warning Artur about stepping on Brown's lead foot which is to be expected from a southpaw vs orthodox, but I don't recall the ref warning Brown about his fouls but like I said my stream cut out so maybe I did miss something.
        Browne got about seven warnings for low punches lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post

Wtf you talking about dude. Canelo ducked Beterbiev as soon as he beat shot Kovalev. He wants no part of this ****.
          I dunno, Beterbiev will be at least 37 if he and Canelo fight, assuming that it takes place next year. I could see him letting it marinate until early 2023, and taking on a 38 year old Beterbiev.

Comment

• Wondering about all these groupies on here who keep saying Beterbiev is too slow. Guy throws insanely fast combos. Hand speed at 175 is above average IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

And, the fights on this card were total garbage. It was a title defense from LHW king. But judging from the lead up fights, it looked more like some off channel quasi-boxing event. I don't understand why he got this treatment? What other champ has had such a terrible card?
              French Canadian card. Based on those that I've seen, they are packed with "local" prospects (many of whom are often transplants from Eastern Europe and Latin America) and local fighters who can generate ticket sales. I doubt Artur cared so much as he got paid and got to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Wondering about all these groupies on here who keep saying Beterbiev is too slow. Guy throws insanely fast combos. Hand speed at 175 is above average IMO
                Too old... too slow.... no footwork ...no defense... chinny... All Boxing Experts, I tell ya !!!!

Beterbiev being on the "way" down only means he's gonna obliterate you in 8-10 rounds instead of 2-4 rounds ... Nothing to be happy about ...

Comment

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

French Canadian card. Based on those that I've seen, they are packed with "local" prospects (many of whom are often transplants from Eastern Europe and Latin America) and local fighters who can generate ticket sales. I doubt Artur cared so much as he got paid and got to fight.
                  Artur is one of those local Eastern Europe transplants. He considered this his "comeback home fight" which is ironic since his last fight was in Russia.

He used to fight on Adonis's undercards.
                  Last edited by _Rexy_; 12-18-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Artur is one of those local Eastern Europe transplants. He considered this his "comeback home fight" which is ironic since his last fight was in Russia.

He used to fight on Adonis's undercards.
                    Yup. I love the French Canadian boxing scene. It's so rich in history and the fanbase seems excellent. In addition to local fighters (Hilton brothers, Ouellet, Lemieux, Tony Luis, Decaire, Yves Ulisse, etc.) you have all the imports (Bute, Diaconu, Beterbiev, Stevenson, Alvarez, etc). I'd argue Pascal is a local fighter since he moved from Haiti at a young age and grew up playing hockey. Since I'm not Canadian I will defer to their better judgement.

I'd love to go up there for a fight card one day when the craziness settles down. I've been to Montreal many times long ago but never saw a fight there.
                    _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Yup. I love the French Canadian boxing scene. It's so rich in history and the fanbase seems excellent. In addition to local fighters (Hilton brothers, Ouellet, Lemieux, Tony Luis, Decaire, Yves Ulisse, etc.) you have all the imports (Bute, Diaconu, Beterbiev, Stevenson, Alvarez, etc). I'd argue Pascal is a local fighter since he moved from Haiti at a young age and grew up playing hockey. Since I'm not Canadian I will defer to their better judgement.

I'd love to go up there for a fight card one day when the craziness settles down. I've been to Montreal many times long ago but never saw a fight there.
                      The guys who grow up here and come up in the amateur scene are indeed considered 100% Canadian fighters. Just like Donaire is American, Pascal, Lewis, Stiverne and Stevenson for example all grew up in Canada and began boxing there.
                      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X