Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Knocks Marcus Browne Out in Ninth of Bloody Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOl Bob arum and Top Rank beat al gaymon and PBC once again!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Artur is one of those local Eastern Europe transplants. He considered this his "comeback home fight" which is ironic since his last fight was in Russia.

He used to fight on Adonis's undercards.
      His life is in Montreal now, and has been for a while... Wife, kids, mother... They all live here now... Kids go to french school, Artur learning french with seriousness... So yeah, Montreal is called "Home" in the Beterbiev family...

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post

Yeah ok man. I'm glad you put easily. This just reinforces how delusional you are. So you're telling me Canelo fought Caleb Plant instead of Beterbiev because Plant was a harder fight. He definitely didn't duck Beterbiev in a division he already won a paper title in. Just stop it man you're embarrassing yourself.
        He wanted Calebs belt. It’s not rocket science, well for some it is, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post

Yeah ok man. I'm glad you put easily. This just reinforces how delusional you are. So you're telling me Canelo fought Caleb Plant instead of Beterbiev because Plant was a harder fight. He definitely didn't duck Beterbiev in a division he already won a paper title in. Just stop it man you're embarrassing yourself.
          Don’t worry your pretty little head about Canelo getting to Beterbiev. It will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelFist01 View Post
            Beterbiev is a beast! After reading a few articles on this site and the Ring over the last few days, I was excited for what I thought (and hoped) would be a great fight against two tough, determined fighters with seemingly opposing styles. Browne started off well, and I was wondering if he has been overlooked and may be better than he gets credit for, and/or maybe Beterbiev isn't the killer that he's made to be, and that his record indicates. But, after a slow start, and a clash of heads, Beterbiev cranked up his intensity and proceeded to break down Marcus Browne (I'm a poet and didn't even know it). While there are clearly some flaws and holes in Beterbiev's game, his pros definitely seem to outweigh his cons so far. He may not have the deepest resume, and he is getting older, but I definitely want to see him fight Canelo within the next year, or less. Despite my constant bashing of Canelo's silly fanboys, and his business model, I do like Canelo and think that he's an entertaining and really good fighter. But, as a boxing fan I want to see the best fighters challenging themselves by fighting other good fighters, even if there's a chance that they lose. And, despite Canelo's power and constantly improving skills, he's far from invincible, and I want to see him against someone, ANYONE, where the fight is viewed as a 50/50 match up, which he hasn't had since GGG. Maybe Canelo outboxes Beterbiev and takes him out with a body shot. Or, maybe Beterbiev walks Canelo down and finishes the job that Golovkin couldn't finish. To me it doesn't matter, may the best man win. Canelo is still in his prime and has plenty of time to add some 'real' fights and challenges to his record and enhance his legacy and get closer to cementing his place as an ATG, but he's not there yet, and if he doesn't start fighting and beating the biggest threats and challenges in the weights he fights at, whether it's GGG, Andrade, or Charlo @ middleweight, Benavidez @ super middle, or Bivol, or Beterbiev @ light heavy, he will never be considered an ATG, but a great fighter who dominated good fighters, struggled with or narrowly beat elite fighters, but was entertaining and made a **** ton of money. Not a bad career at all, pretty great actually, just not ATG great, in my opinion.
            Ignorant.

Duran narrowly beat élite fighters too.

Just a few boxers like Salvador Sánchez destroyed elite fighters.

Canelo already is an ATG.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

The guys who grow up here and come up in the amateur scene are indeed considered 100% Canadian fighters. Just like Donaire is American, Pascal, Lewis, Stiverne and Stevenson for example all grew up in Canada and began boxing there.
              Makes sense and that's why I defer to you to keep me straight on the Canadian boxing scene. I completely forgot about Stiverne too...
              _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

I think congratulations are in order John... you had me rolling with that about 'remember all the guys in training where you didn't go the body because you didn't want them to go home... send this one home'

Your boy did it too.. just like you said.

And yeah. Artur vs Joe:

a) can't fail to entertain and

b) can't fail to sell either in the US or Canada.

Fantastic fan friendly fight.

Were you worried at all that it might be stopped and go to the cards early on? Marcus looked to have taken the first coupla rounds so it might have been a roll of the dice if it'd been stopped in 4 or 5 and gone to the judges.
                Thank you, CK. Yes, initially I really thought it would be stopped because of the cuts any second. After 3 rounds I'd guess we were behind but by the 5th I was thinking we had pulled in front.
                eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post

Thank you, CK. Yes, initially I really thought it would be stopped because of the cuts any second. After 3 rounds I'd guess we were behind but by the 5th I was thinking we had pulled in front.
                  Hey John...I know Russ Anbar was out of action with Covid, but what happened there? It looked like nobody was present who actually was prepared to deal with/stocked up with product for a cut...and knew how to stop the bleeding. Am I missing something here? Did somebody drop the ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackstarr View Post

Black people are an endangered species? Wtff are you talking about, are you inferring that they’re animals too.
                    They are in boxing.
                    50% ancient fossils from the period when Haymon and GB were acquaintances.
                    45% irrelevant journeymen
                    5% laughable “prospects” that are some of the biggest hypejobs ever seen.

Literally ranked top 10 in like 2-3 weightclasses, usually the most barren ones.

Id say thats being endangered, especially since in the time of exclusively italian, ***, and irish challengers, they were numerous and were successful.

That last part was all you, you said that lol
                    Last edited by glenn mcrory; 12-19-2021, 04:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Makes sense and that's why I defer to you to keep me straight on the Canadian boxing scene. I completely forgot about Stiverne too...
                      Always happy to help lol. And yeah, most people forget Stiverne lol. I still remember him stopping David Price in the amateurs even with a massive height and reach disadvantage
                      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X