Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I watched it all back. I'm putting money on Wilder to beat Fury in the third fight. Here's why.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder can't learn how to fight backwards overnight, and nothing so far has suggested he can.
    On the flip side, Fury only had a couple of months last time with Sugar Hill... He's now had a full 18 months of Kronk.
    So IMO, Wilder folds as soon as a decent punch lands and Fury KOs Wilder in the first half of the fight, and I will certainly be putting my money where my mouth is.
    Last edited by leeroy84; 06-20-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Absolutely I noticed this too! It’s the way furys legs are planted when he throws, it’s terrible and asking for a counter knockdown.

ive put 50 pounds already on wilder by KO at 3/1 but I’ll be putting more on for sure

Comment

I think Wilder is a decent outside bet due to his power

But Fury is a far superior boxer and i don't think Wilder is intelligent enough to take advantage of any shortcomings Fury might have (at least deliberately)

It's been what 19? rounds or so now and Fury has outclassed him in 18 of them.. it's HW boxing so anything can happen.. having said that Wilder looks fragile mentally

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Fury vs Wilder 1 - a disputed draw with Fury down twice and almost counted out in the 12th.

Fury vs Wilder 2 - a one-sided beatdown with Wilder down twice and stopped in the 7th without winning a round or landing a meaningful punch.

Your conclusion - Fury is declining more than Wilder and will be KO'd in the 3rd fight. Mmmmm ... ok mate.
          Problem is you're ignoring WHY those outcomes happened.

Wilder/Fury 1 (respect the A-Side) was a Fury win. Pure and simple. But why'd he get dropped twice? Because Fury was overly defensive and got caught by bullets #1 #2 that I put above.

Fury/Wilder 2 was a Fury win. Pure and simple. But why? Because Wilder fought that fight as if he was fighting the Fury from the first fight (defensive) NOT the one that showed up (offensive).

Fury didn't beat Wilder because he was better, he beat Wilder because Wilder fought the wrong fight both times.

Could he fight the wrong fight the third time? Absolutely.

The problem is, as Otto 'All In' Wallin demonstrated, it doesn't take much to throw Fury off his game. Which means Wilder absolutely has a dog in the fight if he is better able to READ Fury's style and adopt the right counter style. Which is what Malik is training.

Remember, you guys all kept saying Wilder is one-trick, and doesn't adapt. I'm agreeing with you. But a Wilder that DOES adapt, beats Tyson Fury because Tyson Fury is vulnerable as I detailed clearly.

You can keep on hating on Wilder in silence because you're not a true boxing fan that will reasonably debate this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Good observations but what are we concluding that Wilder has a punchers chance at best if all his lucky stars line up perfectly?
            No. We're concluding that Tyson Fury has three vulnerable spots, and Malik Scott might very well be helping Wilder figure out how to exploit them - and if he does, Fury has no chance.

Tyson Fury is not as defensively solid as Floyd Mayweather like you guys think. That's what I'm telling you people.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              I think Wilder is a decent outside bet due to his power

But Fury is a far superior boxer and i don't think Wilder is intelligent enough to take advantage of any shortcomings Fury might have (at least deliberately)

It's been what 19? rounds or so now and Fury has outclassed him in 18 of them.. it's HW boxing so anything can happen.. having said that Wilder looks fragile mentally
              Stop and think for a moment.

Joshua/Ruiz 1. Did you think Joshua would spark Ruiz out with ease? Yes/No?

Comment

A- you don’t have money

b- you are a known pro Haymon rider who backs his guys no matter what

c- you are delusional like wilder

Comment

Wilder fans are perpetually the dumbest on the forum. A bunch of nittys, hoodrats, drunkards and booty scratchers.

So Wilder is now a thinking boxer with his empty brain that lures people into mistakes because he’s training with a bum? Pads don’t hit back - once Fury lands, he’ll go back to windmill and get his head splattered all over the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Problem is you're ignoring WHY those outcomes happened.

Wilder/Fury 1 (respect the A-Side) was a Fury win. Pure and simple. But why'd he get dropped twice? Because Fury was overly defensive and got caught by bullets #1 #2 that I put above.

Fury/Wilder 2 was a Fury win. Pure and simple. But why? Because Wilder fought that fight as if he was fighting the Fury from the first fight (defensive) NOT the one that showed up (offensive).

Fury didn't beat Wilder because he was better, he beat Wilder because Wilder fought the wrong fight both times.

Could he fight the wrong fight the third time? Absolutely.

The problem is, as Otto 'All In' Wallin demonstrated, it doesn't take much to throw Fury off his game. Which means Wilder absolutely has a dog in the fight if he is better able to READ Fury's style and adopt the right counter style. Which is what Malik is training.

Remember, you guys all kept saying Wilder is one-trick, and doesn't adapt. I'm agreeing with you. But a Wilder that DOES adapt, beats Tyson Fury because Tyson Fury is vulnerable as I detailed clearly.

You can keep on hating on Wilder in silence because you're not a true boxing fan that will reasonably debate this.
                    I am debating this reasonably, but what you're saying doesn't make sense to me. You're saying that Wilder fought the same way both times, and that it worked better against a defensive Fury in the first fight than against an aggressive Fury in the rematch. but that Wilder still lost both times. You're also saying you agree that Wilder is a one-trick pony who can't adapt.

So how do you go from that to predicting he's going to win the rematch?
                    Last edited by kafkod; 06-20-2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Bet on Wilder and you'll lose everything. He's totally ****ed

Comment

Working...
                      X