Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Makes MMA Debut, Stops Brittney Elkin in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    Wait people are actually praising her lmfao?

Guessing no one actually watched or looked at her opponent..

She's 3-7 and like 0-4 in her last 4 ffs.. and she clearly won the first two rounds vs Shields

WMMA just like womens boxing is trash

Shields struggled to beat a soccer mom and you guys are saying **** like "you go girl/great job"
    Why wouldn't people be praising her? Even MMA fans are. What makes this woman any different than Shields. The hell you calling her a soccer mom for. Some of yall are not making any damn sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
      Calm down yall, she lost 2 rounds to someone 3-6.
      Someone with no grappling background with just about a year of training lost 2 rounds to someone that was has been training MMA for 12 years? SHOCKING.

Comment

• Great, now she can be unknown in two sports. Her opponent had a 3-5 record. Be interesting to see who she blames for her lack of success in MMA.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Great, now she can be unknown in two sports. Her opponent had a 3-5 record. Be interesting to see who she blames for her lack of success in MMA.
          You wouldn't dare to do what she did so STFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post

You wouldn't dare to do what she did so STFU.
            I've been in the ring many a time. Speak for yourself "queen".

Comment

I've been in the ring many a time. Speak for yourself "queen".
              You ain't been in s**t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post

You ain't been in s**t.
                That's right, I don't roll around in shyt like you. See ya around troll.

Comment

That's right, I don't roll around in shyt like you. See ya around troll.
                  That what I thought.

Talking s**t from behind your keyboard when you never entered a boxing or MMA ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocktop View Post

she trained for a year and a half not 3 month, 3 months was just the fight camp. Also Holm was an amateur kickboxer who trained with an mma coach during her boxing career so think your underestimating the work Holm put in before she got to the ufc.
                    Where did i underestimate the work holm put in?

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post

I think she needs to quit boxing right now and focus on MMA, she made peanuts in boxing, and boxing doesnt really push women, she already has records in boxing, in MMA she could be a super star especailly if she keeps winning, Holly Holm didn't get signed tot he UFC until she was 36 years old. Shields is young 26 and has more upside, Jackson Wink need to throw her in with nothing but top level grapplers in training and soak it all up

She won me over tonight, and ill root for her only cause it takes guts and she is a true warrior she is different because she really does have heart no quit in her

I thought she would tap easy and was just doing it for a payday, but she didnt tape or give up, so she is serious about this.
                      One thing to keep in mind: In MMA Shields does not really have to worry so much with losing a decision. Once she learns to use her punch, setting it up differently than boxing, so she is not prone to the take down, she will knock people out. She just has to develop on the mat. She can use her strength a lot as well...focused strength is an asset against any dominant position.

Comment

Working...
                      X