Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To Arum: F--k Off! You Can't Do A Deal With Your Fighter, You Pay The Consequences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn To Arum: F--k Off! You Can't Do A Deal With Your Fighter, You Pay The Consequences

By Keith Idec - MIAMI - Eddie Hearn is baffled by Bob Arum's anger regarding Hearn's company simply bidding for the right to promote the Teofimo Lopez-George Kambosos Jr. lightweight title fight. The British promoter was particularly surprised by Arum's controversial comments because Matchroom Boxing didn't even come close to winning the IBF's
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-26-2021, 03:53 AM.

Just shows Arum is a leech. Not to the Don King level but he isnt much better. Constantly trying to low ball his marquee guys. Trash talking them. Its almost as bad as Dana White except there are more options in boxing. Nobody should be taking this guys **** anymore with DAZN and PBC in the mix. Hes too old and near death to be a cheap ass. Im not saying this is some crazy huge fight but im glad Hearn put a bid in to get Lopez paid and he didnt even have to pay him.

Comment

I hope this isn't some preamble to a breakdown in negotiations for that other fight we all know about.

Comment

I never thought I would ever say this but I agree with everything Hearn said.
        Zaryu Zaryu likes this.

Comment

So I’m going to assume that the Joshua vs fury fight is off for good now right?

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
            So I’m going to assume that the Joshua vs fury fight is off for good now right?
            If that caused a breakdown then ESPN, BT Sport, Warren and Arum should be run out of the sport.
            Zaryu Zaryu likes this.

Comment

Way to go Eddie! Some of us boxing fans are behind you all the way. That old fart sabotaged the Fury/Wilder trilogy and threw Terence Crawford under the bus by publicly humiliating him. He got exactly what he deserved and only has himself to blame for it. If he doesn't want to take care of his fighters then some other promoters will. Kudos to you Mr. Hearn. You've made the boxing community very proud.

Comment

“Let’s not be arrogant enough to start thinking that we can, you know, gamble with the livelihoods of fighters. And I see too many [negative] comments from Bob about Crawford, about Lopez. I mean, these guys are pound-for-pound superstars.” - Eddie Hearn

Bob wants the promoters to "collude" to keep the price point low! He doesn't want competition at all, thus his heated rhetoric regarding Haymon and Hearn! Haymon never responds in public, so he gets a pass! He won't get that from Eddie Hearn!
                SweetPbfAli SweetPbfAli Zaryu Zaryu like this.

Comment

Dang!! Eddie is right here man.
                  Zaryu Zaryu likes this.

Comment

Seems like Bob Arum might be going senile at this point.

He is 90.

Comment

Working...
                    X