No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Naldo View Post
    Grustler stop arguing with idiots who started watching boxing 3 months ago, because it's a waste of time. They are casual fans and don't follow the sport because if they did, they would know Mayweather has beat many power punchers, slick boxers, and pressure fighters throughout his years, and that he had been calling Mosley out since he was 135pounds and Shane didn't want none and how Cotto never said his name when they both were at 140 or when Cotto was sitting ringside and Floyd was educating the ring whopping Gatti to sleep.
    its funny because alfonso Gomez put Gatti to sleep not Floyd, Gatti was eatiing floyds ****s

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      just like jmm will pwn floyd! just kidding floyd will pwn jmm
      that would be awesome, but unlikely to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrosborne View Post
        Agreed. My question is this: Why is it acceptable for Manny to fight Oscar at 147, but anyone else at 147(Mosley, Cotto, and others) have to meet at an imaginary weightclass of 143? Isn't that admitting publicly that Manny simply cannot fight at 147 unless somebody is faded/weightdrained/weakened? Freddie Roach is clearly stating that he won't let Manny fight at 147 due to his "disadvantages" and says anyone that wants Pacquiao has to be at a catchweight, and I find this laughable and utterly hypocritical. Either fight at 140 and say we aren't going to risk losing to naturally bigger and stronger fighters(which is LOGICAL and there is no shame in admitting), or say you know what Manny can fight only up to 140 and that's it.
        Anyone else find this ridiculous? What's the point of weightclasses if you are going to be a ***** and weightdrain bigger guys simply so you don't lose to them? What's next, tie one hand behind their back and get them drunk before he fights them too? Psh.

Co-sign 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          Freddie Roach don't want Pacquiao to fight Mosley or Mayweather
          because he knows their too tough for Manny bottom line. Freddie
          sees something in Cotto that gives Pac the chance and that is
          probably because Manny will be much faster than Cotto and
          more open for a flush power shot. Floyd/Shane too durable
          for Pac to look spectacular against and Top Rank is riding
          the wave. What if Cotto loses next month? Will Top Rank
          still make the fight happen?
          agreed. he wants welterweights to come down to 140lbs as well to fight MP so they are weight drained. Cotto wouldnt have the energy at 140lbs. plus after the Marg fight, cotto has still been in a confidence building stage and that swag he had before the Marg fights isnt quite back yet.

they know may weather can still call shots for purses and weights so they cant Get may down there

Freddie wants to capitalze on that as well, i believe

but the funny thing is that, all the Pacman "fans" that were riding high and talking **** before have now shut their mouths.

there were alot of people flooding the threads backing Pac and taklign ****. where are they?

as said, as a PBF, im hardly worried about MP or JMM. they will be easy kills for PBF then their careers will go down the drain

Comment

• Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
            1. They are trying to show Floyd that he is not the only big fight out there so he can calm down his asking price.

2. They won't fight Cotto at Cotto's natural weight which is 147 lbs. They want to bring him down. And Cotto would destroy Pacquiao at 147 but at 140-143, who knows? maybe Pacquiao will beat him then. BUT THERE IS NO WAY THAT PACQUIAO WOULD FIGHT COTTO AT 147. IF HE DOES, HE IS A TRUE WARRIOR.

theres one big problem out there. PBF is the biggest fight and they know it, They want to play mind games but cant. PBF has the upper hand, hes the one coming back off of retirement to fight JMM as a TUNE UP, will make it look easy and this is the same guy that MP and his camp has been avoiding. That will really upset the confidence their camp has been riding high on.

also they know PBF is going to take home the biggest purse as well as dictate the weight they fight at.

Second, they arent really prepared to fight Floyd. they will never be prepared. thats why they are trying the bull**** stunt wanting to fight him fresh out of retirement.

MPs wins over hattona nd DLH didnt teach him anything about facing floyd and they know that
            Last edited by sycomantz; 05-11-2009, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• cotto will put manny away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naldo View Post
                Grustler stop arguing with idiots who started watching boxing 3 months ago, because it's a waste of time. They are casual fans and don't follow the sport because if they did, they would know Mayweather has beat many power punchers, slick boxers, and pressure fighters throughout his years, and that he had been calling Mosley out since he was 135pounds and Shane didn't want none and how Cotto never said his name when they both were at 140 or when Cotto was sitting ringside and Floyd was educating the ring whopping Gatti to sleep.
                Why don't you give some names to all these different boxers he's beatin! You really can't that's why u name drop Gotti. Which Floyd had me reason to fight. He was the weakest beltholder at 140 with a name and that's all floyd needs to make a fight! Or whatabout Baldomir at 147! Did Floyd have to fight him? Please dude don't embarress yourself! Cotto was at the fight cuz he wanted to be next and guess what? He wasn't! Guess Baldomir must have called him out ! Floyd's choices of fights r suspect at best! He has true talent I can't disagree with that but you also in return can not defend his resume!

Comment

• Originally posted by CottOFan187 View Post
                  Pac aint duckin floyd floyd wudda waited 1 more day instead of signin that deal with jmm he wudda been fightin pac plus floyd doesn't seserve 60% thatt dude hasn't fought in to years cotto will destroy both of themm he won't beat fmj in 12 but if he touches his chinn he will break that glass jawww ... any1 recall the ricky hattan mayweather righ 1st round hattan almost dropped him its all but actually hittin him u guys are also forgettin how much of an awesome body puncher cotto iss.. That's gonna slow and fighter downnnn if u don't kno ask zab judah ask mosleyy ask ricardo torres any 1 else?
                  honestly, just be real for a second. how much sense does it make for May not to fight a TUNE and go right in fresh off of a lay into fight with the supposed "P4P king"

soundsl ike to me you dont want a fair fight. in alot of your eyes, for a TUNE UP, PBf vs JMM wont be an easy fight.

i think it will be

so either you want PBF and MP at their best so MAY. can school him or you want an unfair fight by PBF with possible ring rust(which i doubt he has) to come in and fight MP right away.

whats the biz. are you not confident in MP? doesnt seem like it

seems to me that MPs camp and fan like to fight fighters that arent 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
                    Corley ROCKED Floyds ****, Judah hurt him and knocked him down, people who say Cotto has no chance against Floyd are just ****** in my eyes. Lets see how Cotto does against Clottey(more dangerous fight against bigger man) and how Floyd does against (little) JMM then we can discuss this further
                    Judah hurt FLoyd? hahah, maybe you want to look at that from an unbiased POV, maybe you will see that Judah caught PBF fully extended and knocked him off balance

Comment

• Thats because every knows mayweather is not gona want to fight pac. So why would pac waste his time calling out maweather. Mayweather should be chasing pac.

BTW Pac to KO cotto, left uppercut in 4 rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X