No announcement yet.

Hamed wasn't dominated by Barrera IMO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Because you made a ridiculous post marking people who dislike Naz as "racist pricks". If you don't want to get ***** slapped then don't open your fool mouth until you have something worthwhile to say.

Poet
    ROFLMAO!

"***** slapped"? Whatever you say, 50 Cent.

Of course, if you were half the poet you claim to be you'd realise I said no such thing. Or are you perhaps being blinded by a guilty conscience?

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
      ~ referee: Joe Cortez | judge: Chuck Giampa 111-116 | judge: Patricia Morse Jarman 112-115 | judge: Duane Ford 112-115 ~

thats hardly a dominating performance IMO. 3 points on 2 judges cards.... Don't forget Naz did hardly any training whatsoever and just chilled while Barrera was apparently training in a place with no civiliaztion! sure naz was an *******, even when he tryed to praise his opponents, but he was one of britans best boxers.
      The major problem with Hamed at this point in his career was that he was so far up his own arse it was ridiculous. True, he had always been a cocksure little **** throughout his career, but that became a problem when he started neglecting his work. The bottom line is that Hamed was a multi millionaire who was no longer a hungry fighter and he was surrounded by a bunch of cheerleaders in the latter stages of his career. The preparation for the Barrera fight was a joke... Trivial things took preferance to training and the Oscar Saurez/Manny Steward partnership caused more problems in my opinion. I lost a bit of respect for Manny after that because he obviously played a bit part purely to increase his already swelling bank account and the fact that someone of Manny's standing in the fight game agreed to be a kind of understudy to a novice like Saurez is crazy... Hamed should have worked 100% with the better trainer which was obviously Steward, and Steward should have refused to work in tandem (or so he thought) with Saurez, and if he couldn't committ full-time to Hamed's training camp then he shouldn't have been involved at all as this was undoubtedly the biggest fight of Hamed's career and he needed someone to tell him that he couldn't cut corners when facing someone of Barrera's quality... Easily the best (prime) fighter he would come up against.

Hamed got away with being poorly prepared against Ingle, Bungu, Soto, and Sanchez, but he rode his luck a few times in some of those fights... This is because he was becoming one dimensional and his attitude by the time he fought Barrera was to knock him out... No plan B... As such he got a lesson given to him in my opinion... Had he turned up the hungry fighter that fought Steve Robinson we might have a different story... He didn't and was outclassed... Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Because you made a ridiculous post marking people who dislike Naz as "racist pricks". If you don't want to get ***** slapped then don't open your fool mouth until you have something worthwhile to say.

Poet
        You write Poet after each post because you are as ****sexual as you sig. The people who say Hamed is disliked for being Arab are probably going on persoanl excperiences. I know sad lonley geeky whiteys like you who use to think he was Moroccan and prjected their insecurities and prejudices all on him. He became a hate figure! they were upset because moroccans like me got all the fanny they liked, and the fact that Naz was Yemeni did not matter.

There are geeky racist people like this out there, as we saw on tv in Big Brother when the skets picked on Shilpa Shetty's fit arse! Some of these people know how to upload their career DVD sets and are always trying to be superior to compensate for insecurity, and always talk with pomp on the net. I know many geesk like thsi and made them do my homework at school. Unless you grew up where they did I suggest you stfu!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
          ~ referee: Joe Cortez | judge: Chuck Giampa 111-116 | judge: Patricia Morse Jarman 112-115 | judge: Duane Ford 112-115 ~

thats hardly a dominating performance IMO. 3 points on 2 judges cards.... Don't forget Naz did hardly any training whatsoever and just chilled while Barrera was apparently training in a place with no civiliaztion! sure naz was an *******, even when he tryed to praise his opponents, but he was one of britans best boxers.
          He still looked like a complete idiot. I don't care how the judges scored it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Naseem Hamed is the most naturally gifted boxer of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Vincent View Post
              Naseem Hamed is the most naturally gifted BRITISH boxer of all time.
              That's better! He was not as naturally gifted as RJJ of even PBF by any stretch of the imagination. He even said himself why should he move up to fight Floyd, when he is the best and champ at 126lbs only, at a time when floyd was young and at 130lbs.

Whether or not he was dominated depnds on what people mean by domination! He certainly was not dominated the way Pacman dominated Oscar, that's for sure. He won a few rounds but was outboxed in general hwen people expected a war. It looked worse than it was cos of his loosey goosey style, and limbo dancing defence. I think he lost a cagey chess match and was exposed as one dimensional, but not dominated or bullied like a chump.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Vincent View Post
                Naseem Hamed is the most naturally gifted boxer of all time.
                If that was even remotely true he wouldn't have been completely baffled by Barrera who fought him with nothing but a solid, conventional style. Boxing basics. Hamed was humiliated, then disappeared up his own *******.

Barrera is way more naturally gifted. He took Hamed's bizarre style apart and made him look amateur. Man, that was great to see. Unorthodox styles can only ever go so far. Fighters who use such a style always get crapped on. Being unorthodox is a good thing sometimes, but there's a reason why 99% of fighters won't throw the rule book completely out the window, and exactly why solid fundamentals and a refusal to be bullied defeated Hamed in the end. Luckily for Hamed, he never faced Manny Pacquaio.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
                Last edited by S A M U R A I; 12-12-2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

^^^^
                  What's that got to do with being naturally gifted? his speed power and reflexes is what the guy was aiming at, not his inability to box. Manny Steward said that there was conflict between him and the fat Cuban guy who was training him wrong, but stuck around as a proven 'yes' man. I reckon a few years earlier Naz destroys Barrera and the rest. Pacman was a wild gunslinger before Roach, and even fell over when he threw left hands. his feet would come off the ground! Roach has done alot as coach. As Barrera proved, you can't fight with Naz and the way to beat him is to stand back and box him (Tom Johnson was first to figure it out, but too old to avoid a KO). If Pacmanb fought Naz way back when, he would have ended up the same as in his fight with Rustico Terracampo. Rustico who, I hear you say. Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by F•R•K•O View Post
                    If that was even remotely true he wouldn't have been completely baffled by Barrera who fought him with nothing but a solid, conventional style. Boxing basics. Hamed was humiliated, then disappeared up his own *******.

Barrera is way more naturally gifted. He took Hamed's bizarre style apart and made him look amateur. Man, that was great to see. Unorthodox styles can only ever go so far. Fighters who use such a style always get crapped on. Being unorthodox is a good thing sometimes, but there's a reason why 99% of fighters won't throw the rule book completely out the window, and exactly why solid fundamentals and a refusal to be bullied defeated Hamed in the end. Luckily for Hamed, he never faced Manny Pacquaio.
                    Incorrect, Barerra was a better technican (and all round boxer) but a more natural talented boxer? Hell no. Look up what natural talent means before you talk that rubbish. (i.e. saying barerra is more natural talented because his style picked hameds style apart.. duh)

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X