No announcement yet.

Hamed wasn't dominated by Barrera IMO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
    When did you start watching boxing for you to think that it was Hamed's last fight?
    I kinda thought it was. He talked rematch with Barrera but it never happened.

I started watching boxing as a kid in the late 70's. Went to the forum with my pops and uncles.

Hamed was always bringing up the prophet, and the will of Allah. I like the way he took his loss to Barrera. Showed class.

Calvo was no real threat to Hamed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      I kinda thought it was. He talked rematch with Barrera but it never happened.

I started watching boxing as a kid in the late 70's. Went to the forum with my pops and uncles.

Hamed was always bringing up the prophet, and the will of Allah. I like the way he took his loss to Barrera. Showed class.

Calvo was no real threat to Hamed!
      He is the biggest fool ever to grace a ring why bring up Allah before a fight in a country where they was hating Muslims at the time and still now in Dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by rudy View Post
        He is the biggest fool ever to grace a ring why bring up Allah before a fight in a country where they was hating Muslims at the time and still now in Dumb
        I know right! He was a character! I liked his ring entrances, they were funny as ****.

I was laughing when Barrera out fought him.

Comment

• Yeah and Rigo didn't dominate Donaire either.

Comment

• hamed was losing the fight comfortably is another way of putting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
              hamed was losing the fight comfortably is another way of putting it.
              Emmanuel Stewart was pleading with Hamed to keep his chin down, and go for the KO win. It was a great win for Barrera.

It was an exciting fight.

Comment

Emmanuel Stewart was pleading with Hamed to keep his chin down, and go for the KO win. It was a great win for Barrera.

It was an exciting fight.
                i was living on 13th and empire, by backesto park when this fight happened.

i remember losing my mind during it.

Comment

i was living on 13th and empire, by backesto park when this fight happened.

i remember losing my mind during it.
                  I used to play handball there with the homies. My girlfriend lived near japan town. I grew up with many nisei Japanese and went on to live in Japan.

I never took my girl to my hood, it was too ****ing crazy. Fools got smashed regularly. Never new when **** would jump off.
                  Last edited by Zaroku; 05-24-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I used to play handball there with the homies. My girlfriend lived near japan town. I grew up with many nisei Japanese and went on to live in Japan.

I never took my girl to my hood, it was too ****ing crazy. Fools got smashed regularly. Never new when **** would jump off.
                    i was the only rican dude out there running with the mexicans. the handball court was right next to the basketball court on the empire st side

i remember being 16 and going out there by myself for the first time with all them norteños but i had to get my basketball fix. maybe had the best games of my life that day.

"el güey juega como un mayate" - probably the nicest thing a norteño said to me.

Comment

i was the only rican dude out there running with the mexicans. the handball court was right next to the basketball court on the empire st side

i remember being 16 and going out there by myself for the first time with all them norteños but i had to get my basketball fix. maybe had the best games of my life that day.

"el güey juega como un mayate" - probably the nicest thing a norteño said to me.
                      I know the place well. You ball like a brother??? Great. A compliment for sure.
                      San Jo is my town. I miss going to the north side market near the 101 entrance after games.

You know, I read posts from youngsters, and I ask myself was I that stupid or idealistic??? I hope I was, I just hope I was, but the truth is very different.

I wanted to grow up like the kids I saw on TV. Made me mad that my reality was different, so different. In the late 80's and early 90's story & king were the Cruz zones. I lived in that hood. Glory days.

Glad I climed out of that. When I go back to the U.S., I always visit my family in San Jose.

Sadly, many of my people have not progressed. They hold themselves back, you know what I am saying.

If I go to the East Coast let's chop it up, eat drink and laugh.

Comment

Working...
                      X