No announcement yet.

Jack Dempsey's Refusal to Fight Joe Jeanette

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    This is literally what happens when we trim the "fat" from your posts.

Good job. Take your meds and go to bed.

- -Ever time U enter a room of people the average IQ of the group drops precipitously.

U have a logic deficient disorder, no two ways about it and almost a sociopathic mania of race baiting when most Everone on this forum upholds fighters of all races.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Ever time U enter a room of people the average IQ of the group drops precipitously.

U have a logic deficient disorder, no two ways about it and almost a sociopathic mania of race baiting when most Everone on this forum upholds fighters of all races.
      Yea. I'm race baiting because I'm telling the truth

All I did was tell what happened. I'm sorry that the truth makes you guys embarrassed for yourselves. Maybe you shouldn't live through other men.

Feel free to point out what lie or what race baiting I've done tho. Instead, you and I both know you'll return with another barely decipherable post pulled from your feeble mind. Take your meds and go to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Travesty pisses many people off because before he puts his neck out, he makes sure he has proof of his contentions. And he never race baits, thats a false accusation.

Thats an ugly thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
          You reveal your hand. This set up has been written about for many many decades. It’s boxing history. You ignore it because it does not fit your agenda.
          Do you have a link that covers this alleged setup in credible fashion?

Comment

Jack Dempsey, The Manassa Mauler by Randy Roberts. Numerous other Dempsey bios.

Fleischer wrote of all the details numerous times through the years.

Again well known well understood boxing history ALL of which the poster neglects to mention. Why? He has created his own history ignoring 100 years of what has been written and understood.

Comment

Jack Dempsey, The Manassa Mauler by Randy Roberts. Numerous other Dempsey bios.

Fleischer wrote of all the details numerous times through the years.

Again well known well understood boxing history ALL of which the poster neglects to mention. Why? He has created his own history ignoring 100 years of what has been written and understood.
              It never hurts to look at the facts of history and interpret them. The interpretation of history may look different today than how it looked 50+ years ago. To me there’s no question that America was highly racist in dempseys time and as the legislation slowly created more equality and less apartheid, the mindset of the white population also changed but that change was probably way slower (I’m stereotyping I know, but I reckon it’s fairly true).

What I want to point out here is that the history you you refer to is written by white people who may not be racist per se, but my gut feeling is that they tend to (maybe unknowingly) have a white bias. That’s what to me makes travesty’s always well founded points highly interesting and some people should really try to address his points instead of going towards the man.

From what travesty is putting forth here, he exposes the hypocrisy of Dempsey and those who disagree with that view hasn’t really presented their case particularly well so far imo.

Comment

Sorry, wrong.

The true history REVEALS the racism that clouded the sport.

The true history reveals WHY Dempsey called the color line initially then rescinded it revealing HIS OWN feelings regarding mixed matches.

I won’t go into all the details but these are well known well understood well written for 100 years. YOU SHOULD KNOW this history. It’s all about Wills being screwed by coming along at a time of a racist America in a boxing world run by those predominantly uninterested in a mixed race heavyweight bout. Dempsey had no issue fighting Wills. Why would he? He feasted off of larger slower opponents. Tunney presented a far more challenging opponent.

Dempsey actively pursued the fight himself. I posted an article written by Dempsey in April of 1926 where he expressed his disgust that he could not get a promoter for any bout. He stated that Rickard was coming to see him with a contract that week which he intended to sign. (no opponent was designated in this contract). It was obvious, between this quote and his direct personal response to Wills manager regarding the proposed bout, that in his mind the deal with fighting Wills was off the table. It does not matter whether Dempsey won or lost the lawsuit years later. It’s irrelevant. What does matter is what Dempsey believed at that time. He went with Rickard as he knew he would have a fight and he would get paid. If Rickard would have came back with a Wills signature on that contract the bout would have occurred. Bottom line Dempsey was ready to fight anyone they put in front of him September 1926. He was hungry for a fight and he needed the money. In the end fighters fight and the decision of opponent is all about managers and promoters and in this case a racist America and boxing hierarchy.

Comment

As MORE proof tell everyone why the poster ignored the very well known history surrounding the Jeanette debacle? Why did he only present a scenario void of all the details? Why did he ignore it was a prearranged set up? If he is purposely distorting the record here why would anyone believe anything else he posts that indeed is a distorted biased abortion of 100 years of known history?

Comment

I used to love the fact that Auntie Maxine posts here. I fully admit I took too much enjoyment in insulting her. So call it buyer's remorse, if you will, but I now regret egging her on.

When it was just Maxine, it was ok. It was hilarious. But that nut job's ranting has given others lisence to go full blown moron too. This whole place became unhinged.

But I kinda agree with her here.

There's sufficient footage of Jeanette to know he was dog shyte. Dempsey would face no resistance there. If he didn't want to fight a black dude, so what? Title shots should earned, not government subsidized.

Comment

As MORE proof tell everyone why the poster ignored the very well known history surrounding the Jeanette debacle? Why did he only present a scenario void of all the details? Why did he ignore it was a prearranged set up? If he is purposely distorting the record here why would anyone believe anything else he posts that indeed is a distorted biased abortion of 100 years of known history?
                      Travesty normally presents his cases via newspaper clips from the time. Generally posters who feel challenged by the clips presents old historians take of events but without primary sources to back it up. It’s worth considering if these old historians interpretation of events can pass the test of today. What facts did they use to reach the conclusion that they did?

Comment

Working...
                      X