Jack Dempsey's Refusal to Fight Joe Jeanette

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Who's "They."

Do you mean Dempsey? I guess he believed a loss in an exhibition to a white guy or two wouldn't be as devastating to his championship plans as a loss to a black man.

Kind of speaks to my point, huh?
    - -U speaking to the point on U Noggin or U dunce cap.

Boxing fund raising promotional "exhibition."

Could U just give U minder access to U account so we can get back to the dialogue of boxing?

Comment

This is literally what happens when we trim the "fat" from your posts.

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      Boxing fund raising promotional "exhibition."
      Good job. Take your meds and go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        This is literally what happens when we trim the "fat" from your posts.

Good job. Take your meds and go to bed.
        U punch your way out of a bottle of Gerital?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          U punch your way out of a bottle of Gerital?
          LMAO. You are becoming too good at this.

Comment

Travesty is mentally ill. Mind numbing.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
              Travesty is mentally ill. Mind numbing.
              All you can do is throw insults. When I ask you to disprove anything I've written....then you have nothing to say

Comment

Nothing to disprove. You are ignoring all the known and well understood history and you have made your own. All BS cherry picked to bolster a pre determined conclusion. Tell everyone why you completely ignore the well known well documented history? Why does every snippet automatically equate to Dempsey being a racist, afraid to fight certain fighters? Why? Because you developed a pre planned conclusion and your sole purpose is to cherry pick/misinterpret information to try to prove that pre planned conclusion.

Your thread about Jeanette is a CLEAR example of this. It is well understood what occurred here yet you ignore that information but instead build a false conclusion. Tell us all why?

Comment

Nothing to disprove. You are ignoring all the known and well understood history and you have made your own. All BS cherry picked to bolster a pre determined conclusion. Tell everyone why you completely ignore the well known well documented history? Why does every snippet automatically equate to Dempsey being a racist, afraid to fight certain fighters? Why? Because you developed a pre planned conclusion and your sole purpose is to cherry pick/misinterpret information to try to prove that pre planned conclusion.
                  You claim that I am ignoring understood history. All you have to do is show proof of that. It's quite simple. In this situation, what have I ignored? I just repeated exactly what happened.

I didn't say anyone has to hold it against Dempsey. People can make up their own mind. But it's clear what happened.

He refused to fight Jeanette here for the sole reason that he was a black man. And again, that is NOT an accusation that Dempsey was a racist. I've stated over and over that I don't believe he was a racist. So if you keep wanting to play up that false narrative regarding my feelings on Dempsey, that's dishonest.

Your thread about Jeanette is a CLEAR example of this. It is well understood what occurred here yet you ignore that information but instead build a false conclusion. Tell us all why?
                  Oh really? Tell me what I've ignored then. Post it up and let's discuss!

Comment

The history surrounding this event has been well known since it occurred. That history I’ve already outlined. There is nothing to debate.

All you do is form prearranged conclusions and then twist information to fit your goal. Child’s game. Why do you ignore the known history. Please tell everyone.

You have insinuated over and over that Dempsey was a racist. Wrong and the history shows this to be true. You have insinuated over and over that Dempsey was afraid to fight black fighters. Wrong and the known history shows this to be true.

Please tell everyone why you completely ignore the history that’s been known and understood for nearly 100 years. Instead you form your own history. Why? Tell everyone why now.

Comment

The history surrounding this event has been well known since it occurred. That history I’ve already outlined. There is nothing to debate.

All you do is form prearranged conclusions and then twist information to fit your goal. Child’s game. Why do you ignore the known history. Please tell everyone.
                      Again, what am I ignoring? I find it hard to believe I'm the one ignoring something when I'm the only one that posted information about what happened here. Nothing from you. So what is there that I'm ignoring?

You have insinuated over and over that Dempsey was a racist. Wrong and the history shows this to be true.
                      False. I have not insinuated, and I do not believe he was a racist. Maybe it makes you feel better if you believe that I do, but sorry. I don't. I've already explained why I think he ducked Jeanette, and Wills for that matter.

You have insinuated over and over that Dempsey was afraid to fight black fighters. Wrong and the known history shows this to be true.
                      False. There is a distinction. I believe he was scared of the prospect of losing to a black fighter. That's my opinion and everyone has a right to their own. What we do know is that he refused to fight Jeannette specifically because he is black, and also ducked out on Wills.

Please tell everyone why you completely ignore the history that’s been known and understood for nearly 100 years. Instead you form your own history. Why? Tell everyone why now.
                      It was known for 100 years that he would not fight Joe Jeannette because he's black. Correct or not? What do you say?

Please tell everyone why you won't challenge any of the information I have or provide any valid counter. All you do is cry about your misplaced claims about how I feel about Dempsey. The facts are in front of you. Focus on them and tell us why Dempsey refused to fight Jeannette. Tell us exactly why, then I promise I'll prove to you that you're wrong if you say it wasn't because he was black. Point blank period.

Comment

Working...
                      X