Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many rounds would Marciano last against Wilder?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    No way.

No fookin way.

Did you really MEAN to type that!?

I am ready to go back to Europe already.

Wow.

Unbelievable.

I am really not sure how I am supposed to maintain my faith in my fellow man after reading that.

I must've been a NAZI in a past life, or someone who hurt animals and this is my punishment. I want to believe that I DESERVE this.

Look, I get it: here at BoxingScene people show up simply to Out-r3turd one another. But you took it to another level. This is almost untouchable.

6'7", 230 lb. Wilder with an 83" reach is "much" smaller than 6'3", 225 lb. (against Norton) Foreman with 78.5" reach.

So now math doesn't even apply? Do we really care about anything documented? IS there a reality?

I guess Fitz was much bigger than Jeffries because of how he controlled Dempsey? Langford was much bigger than Johnson because of how he controlled Walcott? Sammy Angott was much bigger than Robinson because of how he controlled Pep? Tiger was much bigger than Foster because of how he controlled Fullmer? Duran was much bigger than Hearns because of how he controlled Leonard?

No. We know that Wilder is bigger. He uses his range better. He has jolting power, not thuddingpower. His jab is very sneaky, a la Johansson. He doesn't tire so easily. And he doesn't quit like a bytch.

George fell to Ali because Ali split his guard with the jab and came over top w/ the cross. Featherfisted Ali, who is the same size as george did that. Ali who struggled with Frazier. You really think Beyonce won't do it better?

I'm old school. I believe Women belong inthe kitchen. So you can understand I am very happy George found himself that grill to occupy his time.

Not that I wouldn't love to see the cur's melon split for dodging Quarry, and wasting Gil Clancy's time.

Uhhhh.... you are comparing Marciano (5'11", 190 lbs., 68" reach) to Fury (6'9", 170 lbs., 85"reach)!?!?!?!?!?! Marciano is literally closer in size to Jung-Koo Chang, "The Korean Hawk", than he is to Fury.

Do you pick The Hawk to beat Wilder, too?

Marciano got decked by lots of guys. Guys who probably wouldn't even be getting title shots today. And he couldn't even get his shyte together to make a return against Ingo. He wanted no part of Ingo, but you think he beats Ingo 5.0!?!?!?
    Wilder has consistently weighed at around 218 or so, his legs are thin, he is not built out like Foreman. Foreman came in lean at 22ish for his fights and could have put on muscle like Wilder did for his last fight.

You took the weight Wilder just came in at ya dope! He put on muscle for that weight... Foreman could do the same...And lets see what putting on that muscle did? Right... Wilder nevr weighed 230 before. He was thin. I guess you do not think foreman could have put on 20 pounds of muscle...despite ballooning up in his second coming. he ballooned up because he was Naturally a big man who came in light for his fights.

Sheesh! You go around calling people out and then can't see something logical that is not spelled out? The proof is in the pudding. Wilder's damn legs could not hold the weight, david Haye said it: "His quads could not support the weight, he had no bend...VIS A VIS A LIGHT PERSON WITH TOO MUCH CHEST WEIGHT HAD A SERIOUS PROBLEM BECAUSE OF IT. And I have to spell this out? Look at foreman's legs next to Wilder's... You thnk Wilder will balloon out to be almost 300 pounds when he retires? Hes thin Rusty! Jesus Mary on a Cross...

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Wilder has consistently weighed at around 218 or so, his legs are thin, he is not built out like Foreman. Foreman came in lean at 22ish for his fights and could have put on muscle like Wilder did for his last fight.

You took the weight Wilder just came in at ya dope! He put on muscle for that weight... Foreman could do the same...And lets see what putting on that muscle did? Right... Wilder nevr weighed 230 before. He was thin. I guess you do not think foreman could have put on 20 pounds of muscle...despite ballooning up in his second coming. he ballooned up because he was Naturally a big man who came in light for his fights.

Sheesh! You go around calling people out and then can't see something logical that is not spelled out? The proof is in the pudding. Wilder's damn legs could not hold the weight, david Haye said it: "His quads could not support the weight, he had no bend...VIS A VIS A LIGHT PERSON WITH TOO MUCH CHEST WEIGHT HAD A SERIOUS PROBLEM BECAUSE OF IT. And I have to spell this out? Look at foreman's legs next to Wilder's... You thnk Wilder will balloon out to be almost 300 pounds when he retires? Hes thin Rusty! Jesus Mary on a Cross...
      Maybe read my post through in whole for reference.

Wilder poleaxes Foreman.

There's nothing to suggest Foreman is on Wilder's level. Everything actually points to the opposite.

Comment

Too bad we're not talking P4P.

Now, in which round does Chang stop Wilder?

Just answer the question.
        Okay, you’re a dim witted one. I said everything I needed to say within the post. Fury had to smother his own punches in order to avoid getting hit by long range bombs. Marciano wouldn’t be smothering his own punches because his arms are significantly shorter. So therefore he’d banging on Wilder with everything he has. Use your big boy ideas and pick your own KO round. I’m still busy counting all the money I made from picking Fury TKO in the middle rounds.

Comment

Maybe read my post through in whole for reference.

Wilder poleaxes Foreman.

There's nothing to suggest Foreman is on Wilder's level. Everything actually points to the opposite.
          Thats a silly thing to say without specific references...What things would make one believe that? For example:

1) Neither man could fight off the back leg.
          2) Foreman had many more punches than Wilder has in his arsenal.
          3) Both men were very tough... Foreman versus Lyle was ugly...Wilder was able to get up against Fury.
          4) Wilder may, or may not be a stronger puncher...Foreman fought better competition, wilder aced all the competition he fought until he fought Fury.

Now we can argue which of these things matter the most... or are the most unimportant... But I see nothing that tells me Wilder is on a different level than Foreman. Lets see how Wilder does against better competition.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
            Okay, you’re a dim witted one. I said everything I needed to say within the post. Fury had to smother his own punches in order to avoid getting hit by long range bombs. Marciano wouldn’t be smothering his own punches because his arms are significantly shorter. So therefore he’d banging on Wilder with everything he has. Use your big boy ideas and pick your own KO round. I’m still busy counting all the money I made from picking Fury TKO in the middle rounds.
            It's an easy question to answer. The are only 12 rounds.

In which one does Chang KO Wilder?

Comment

Thats a silly thing to say without specific references...What things would make one believe that? For example:

1) Neither man could fight off the back leg.
              2) Foreman had many more punches than Wilder has in his arsenal.
              3) Both men were very tough... Foreman versus Lyle was ugly...Wilder was able to get up against Fury.
              4) Wilder may, or may not be a stronger puncher...Foreman fought better competition, wilder aced all the competition he fought until he fought Fury.

Now we can argue which of these things matter the most... or are the most unimportant... But I see nothing that tells me Wilder is on a different level than Foreman. Lets see how Wilder does against better competition.
              So on your planet Tiger KO'd Foster? Duran KO'd Hearns? Angott KO'd Robinson?

Comment

It's an easy question to answer. The are only 12 rounds.

In which one does Chang KO Wilder?
                Hope you get through this psychotic break okay. I understand they don’t last forever so hang in there. Don’t worry, I’m sure Wilder will recover from the beating and so will you.

Comment

So on your planet Tiger KO'd Foster? Duran KO'd Hearns? Angott KO'd Robinson?
                  Wilder has not fought near the level of competition that Foreman did. Foreman was limited in many respects but had a lot of training to deal with these limitations, including fighting well inside, the ability to direct his opponents into his shots, a long time spent mentoring under Liston...

Wilder ain't there. He may get there, he aint there yet. Your the only one who thinks otherwise Rusty and it is not because you are the one eyed man in the land of the blind. I guess your logic is because Wilder held together against a diminished Fury the first fight? and survived the second fight?

Its a ridiculous assertion to make...I gave you the benefit of the doubt by allowing you to describe "what makes Wilder so good" specifically and you came back with a point about knock out ability in other fighters... Come on.

Comment

Wilder has not fought near the level of competition that Foreman did. Foreman was limited in many respects but had a lot of training to deal with these limitations, including fighting well inside, the ability to direct his opponents into his shots, a long time spent mentoring under Liston...

Wilder ain't there. He may get there, he aint there yet. Your the only one who thinks otherwise Rusty and it is not because you are the one eyed man in the land of the blind. I guess your logic is because Wilder held together against a diminished Fury the first fight? and survived the second fight?

Its a ridiculous assertion to make...I gave you the benefit of the doubt by allowing you to describe "what makes Wilder so good" specifically and you came back with a point about knock out ability in other fighters... Come on.
                    You hold Foreman in much higher esteem than Gil Clancy did. Too bad he's not still around to learn about Boxing from you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                      Hope you get through this psychotic break okay. I understand they don’t last forever so hang in there. Don’t worry, I’m sure Wilder will recover from the beating and so will you.
                      It's funny how you're angry at me over something stupid YOU said. You'll make a great wife someday.

Comment

Working...
                      X