Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many rounds would Marciano last against Wilder?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread didn't age well.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Foreman flat out was a much bigger man than Wilder. He showed, against Frazier how to use size when he would turn Frazier by the shoulders, and not let Frazier in range. .

No way.

No fookin way.

Did you really MEAN to type that!?

I am ready to go back to Europe already.

Wow.

Unbelievable.

I am really not sure how I am supposed to maintain my faith in my fellow man after reading that.

I must've been a NAZI in a past life, or someone who hurt animals and this is my punishment. I want to believe that I DESERVE this.

Look, I get it: here at BoxingScene people show up simply to Out-r3turd one another. But you took it to another level. This is almost untouchable.

6'7", 230 lb. Wilder with an 83" reach is "much" smaller than 6'3", 225 lb. (against Norton) Foreman with 78.5" reach.

So now math doesn't even apply? Do we really care about anything documented? IS there a reality?

I guess Fitz was much bigger than Jeffries because of how he controlled Dempsey? Langford was much bigger than Johnson because of how he controlled Walcott? Sammy Angott was much bigger than Robinson because of how he controlled Pep? Tiger was much bigger than Foster because of how he controlled Fullmer? Duran was much bigger than Hearns because of how he controlled Leonard?

No. We know that Wilder is bigger. He uses his range better. He has jolting power, not thuddingpower. His jab is very sneaky, a la Johansson. He doesn't tire so easily. And he doesn't quit like a bytch.

George fell to Ali because Ali split his guard with the jab and came over top w/ the cross. Featherfisted Ali, who is the same size as george did that. Ali who struggled with Frazier. You really think Beyonce won't do it better?

I'm old school. I believe Women belong inthe kitchen. So you can understand I am very happy George found himself that grill to occupy his time.

Not that I wouldn't love to see the cur's melon split for dodging Quarry, and wasting Gil Clancy's time.

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
      Fury saw what I did all along. Good on em.
      Uhhhh.... you are comparing Marciano (5'11", 190 lbs., 68" reach) to Fury (6'9", 170 lbs., 85"reach)!?!?!?!?!?! Marciano is literally closer in size to Jung-Koo Chang, "The Korean Hawk", than he is to Fury.

Do you pick The Hawk to beat Wilder, too?

Marciano got decked by lots of guys. Guys who probably wouldn't even be getting title shots today. And he couldn't even get his shyte together to make a return against Ingo. He wanted no part of Ingo, but you think he beats Ingo 5.0!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
        No way.

No fookin way.

Wow.

Unbelievable.

I am really not sure how I am supposed to maintain my faith in my fellow man after reading that.

I must've been a NAZI in a past life, or someone who hurt animals and this is my punishment. I want to believe that I DESERVE this.

Look, I get it: here at BoxingScene people show up simply to Out-r3turd one another. But you took it to another level. This is almost untouchable.

6'7", 230 lb. Wilder with an 83" reach is "much" smaller than 6'3", 225 lb. (against Norton) Foreman with 78.5" reach.

So now math doesn't even apply? Do we really care about anything documented? IS there a reality?

I guess Fitz was much bigger than Jeffries because of how he controlled Dempsey? Langford was much bigger than Johnson because of how he controlled Walcott? Sammy Angott was much bigger than Robinson because of how he controlled Pep? Tiger was much bigger than Foster because of how he controlled Fullmer? Duran was much bigger than Hearns because of how he controlled Leonard?

No. We know that Wilder is bigger. He uses his range better. He has jolting power, not thuddingpower. His jab is very sneaky, a la Johansson. He doesn't tire so easily. And he doesn't quit like a bytch.

George fell to Ali because Ali split his guard with the jab and came over top w/ the cross. Featherfisted Ali, who is the same size as george did that. Ali who struggled with Frazier. You really think Beyonce won't do it better?

I'm old school. I believe Women belong inthe kitchen. So you can understand I am very happy George found himself that grill to occupy his time.

Not that I wouldn't love to see the cur's melon split for dodging Quarry, and wasting Gil Clancy's time.

Uhhhh.... you are comparing Marciano (5'11", 190 lbs., 68" reach) to Fury (6'9", 170 lbs., 85"reach)!?!?!?!?!?! Marciano is literally closer in size to Jung-Koo Chang, "The Korean Hawk", than he is to Fury.

Marciano got decked by lots of guys. Guys who probably wouldn't even be getting title shots today. And he couldn't even get his shyte together to make a return against Ingo. He wanted no part of Ingo, but you think he beats Ingo 5.0!?!?!?
        I just said Marciano would beat Wilder because Wilder has zero infighting ability. This is something not a lot of people realized about Wilder. You saw on Saturday that he has absolutely no idea how to fight up close.
        Short reach = tons of inside fighting. Therefore Rocky wins with his particular set physical attributes and style. Don’t trying muddying the waters with excess talking.

Comment

No way.

No fookin way.

Wow.

Unbelievable.

Wilder is 230 at his heaviest. 212 at his lightest. Foreman is 6 ft 4 and 225 but has been heavier than Fury at his heaviest.

Regardless. Wilder ain't built the same as Foreman, Ruiz was 280 is he bigger than Both? Toney was 255.

Foreman is built like a beast Wilder is built like a basketball player

Comment

I just said Marciano would beat Wilder because Wilder has zero infighting ability. This is something not a lot of people realized about Wilder. You saw on Saturday that he has absolutely no idea how to fight up close.
            Short reach = tons of inside fighting. Therefore Rocky wins with his particular set physical attributes and style. Don’t trying muddying the waters with excess talking.
            So in what round does Chang stop Wilder?

You started this... don't blame me. You can't back out now, Homie.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Wilder is 230 at his heaviest. 212 at his lightest. Foreman is 6 ft 4 and 225 but has been heavier than Fury at his heaviest.

Regardless. Wilder ain't built the same as Foreman, Ruiz was 280 is he bigger than Both? Toney was 255.

Foreman is built like a beast Wilder is built like a basketball player
              a beast who was out of bref' at 215 lbs. against Ali.

Please. Gil Clancy knows more than you'll EVER know about Boxing and evicerated Foreman.

At least Wilder can properly KO dudes, and takes his beating like man.

Fo'man ran like a bytch when he was exposed.

But hey, he found JeeEEEEzus! So it's all cool.

Comment

So in what round does Chang stop Wilder?

You started this... don't blame me. You can't back out now, Homie.
                Back out? I’m the one here who said Wilder has a fatal flaw that no one saw. I spotted the garbage chute on the Deathstar. Talkin to me like I’m backing out of something ha. You’re crazy. And I didn’t mention a stoppage, did I?

Comment

Back out? I’m the one here who said Wilder has a fatal flaw that no one saw. I spotted the garbage chute on the Deathstar. Talkin to me like I’m backing out of something ha. You’re crazy. And I didn’t mention a stoppage, did I?
                  So what round?

Don't be scurred, homie!

Comment

So what round?

Don't be scurred, homie!
                    It’d be late, if at all. P4P Marciano hits a hell of a lot harder than Fury. Does he straight up hit harder though? I’m not sure. Rocky wouldn’t need to smother his own punches to fight inside the way Fury did. So he’d be cracking Wilder with everything on every shot. TKO 12 if there is a stoppage but I’d lean toward wide decision.

Comment

P4P Marciano hits a hell of a lot harder than Fury.
                      Too bad we're not talking P4P.

Now, in which round does Chang stop Wilder?

Just answer the question.

Comment

Working...
                      X