Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many rounds would Marciano last against Wilder?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is going to be awfully hard for Rocky to lose this one. His amazing ring generalship puts him in good stead. Wilder's lack of boxing depth will cost him, as Rocky turns up the trickery.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      It is going to be awfully hard for Rocky to lose this one. His amazing ring generalship puts him in good stead. Wilder's lack of boxing depth will cost him, as Rocky turns up the trickery.
      As great as Marciano was in his era, I'm surprised so many people think Marciano would win this.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
        As great as Marciano was in his era, I'm surprised so many people think Marciano would win this.
        - - U never seen TBA Deyonce fight?

Comment

Have you objectively considered any of the arguments put fourth?

Lets think this through and imagine george foreman instead of wilder in against Marciano for a moment. We don't have to pick a winner...But lets look at differences between the match with Wilder because these differences tell us a lot, and...they may even suprise some individuals.

Foreman flat out was a much bigger man than Wilder. He showed, against Frazier how to use size when he would turn Frazier by the shoulders, and not let Frazier in range. The weight difference between Wilder and foreman (young Foreman) was about 15 pounds or so, but only tells half the story: Foreman is just built big while Wilder is built long and like a gazelle in the legs.

So here is my point: Wilder could not control his opponent like Foreman could against Joe, and how foreman presumably would try to do against Marciano. Marciano would have to find a way to deal with that size and strength with foreman, not so much with Wilder. In fact, Marciano might even wind up the stronger of the two men with Wilder... And Wilder has to date, never fought an opponent who can fight inside, relentlessly like Marciano.

There is a misperception that Wilder is a lot bigger and stronger than Marciano, but this is not true. Wilder is in fact a puncher who likes to operate using hi reach and finishing skills. Marciano always dealt with a defiency in length, its not like Wilder would be a new problem to solve. Wilder might have such incredible power that he KO's Marciano, its possible... But if I was betting the house given the quality of opposition faced by wilder thus far... I am skeptical he could do this to Marciano.

Comment

Why, the Rock will feint Wilder out of his shoes!

Comment

- -Could Rock feint Wilder into fainting?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Could Rock feint Wilder into fainting?
                Don't know....But if this match were to take place in proper victorian times it could be held in the fainting room.

Comment

- -What grade U in?

Comment

Wilder is one of the largest heavyweights of all time. I'm telling you, the man's forearm is as LONG as Rocky's foreleg! That's a giant right there. But it is widely understood that Rock will chop the Ubangi down with torso attack and superior ring generalship.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                      Style wise Wilder is one of the few current heavyweights I think Rocky could beat. Deontay has zero ability to fight in the inside and that’s where the fight would take place from the first bell. Without the ability to roll with punches and chop away at Rocky in between shots like Walcott did then it’s one sided.
                      Fury saw what I did all along. Good on em.

Comment

Working...
                      X