This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Lineal doesn't mean shyt when you are fighting faded opponents. Genaro Hernandez was done by the time he fought Floyd, it was his last pro fight, Baldomir was shot and never great, came into the fight with his 9 losses. Castillo got robbed, so technically Floyd should never have won that title from him. Oscar was well past his prime. As usual with Mayweather, when you clear away the smoke and remove the carnival mirrors, you see the truth behind the legacy.
    Boom, this right here. Abso*&#$%nlutely! Nobody denies Floyd was talented, but his legacy still could've been a lot better. While not entirely Floyd's fault, he still doesn't have that great, career defining win against a prime ATG. Money and protecting the 0 became a lot more important to him at one point than legacy and he stayed on that path for the rest of his career.

Comment

Lineal doesn't mean shyt when you are fighting faded opponents. Genaro Hernandez was done by the time he fought Floyd, it was his last pro fight, Baldomir was shot and never great, came into the fight with his 9 losses. Castillo got robbed, so technically Floyd should never have won that title from him. Oscar was well past his prime. As usual with Mayweather, when you clear away the smoke and remove the carnival mirrors, you see the truth behind the legacy.
      Judah coming off a loss and received his title back because Baldomir refused to pay a fee, and Mayweather won that IBF belt.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Judah coming off a loss and received his title back because Baldomir refused to pay a fee, and Mayweather won that IBF belt.
        As if beating Judah makes it any better.

Castillo was robbed

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          I understand you are a Mayweather fan, so when the Ring names him "Ring" champion, you assume he is lineal champion in all those divisions. Understand I am neither a Mayweather fan or a Mayweather hater. I just call it as I see it. And I was around before the Ring adopted that policy to fill "Ring title Vacancies". Previous to that if there was no lineal champion it was made when a fighter became the undisputed champion. Lennox Lewis did that, Tszyu even did it and Mayorga earned it when he beat Forrest. Mayorga lost to Spinks and down the line Mayweather earned it when he beat Baldomir. But Mayweather was not in to unifying titles in other divisions aside from super featherweight when he beat Corrales for two thirds if a title. It would not be hard for any "Star" to do this. Other stars welcomed the opportunity to prove themselves. If Mayweather fought in the era of Leonard do realistic fans think he would take the chance to fight an undefeated Tommy Hearns to prove himself? That is what real champions do.
          Makes no sense.

With the politics and mandatories of today it IS hard to unify all 4 belts hence why it's so rarely been done in recent memory.

Also, shoulder roll is correct in Mayweather being a 5 time Lineal Champion. Nothing to do with The Ring belt.

Comment

Genraro was no where near shot.

Are you aware why it was his last fight?

Baldomir shot??? That's a new one.

Comment

One has nothing to do with the other. I'm sure there are some people who thought Bradley legit beat Pac in their first fight, but MOST anyone who watched it viewed it as a robbery. It is universally agreed upon by a majority that Bradley got a gift. Just as it is universally agreed upon that Floyd got a gift.
              Stupid comparison.

50% of the media had Floyd beating Castillo.

1% of the media had Bradley beating Pacquaio.

Floyd-Castillo was an either way fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Stupid comparison.

50% of the media had Floyd beating Castillo.

1% of the media had Bradley beating Pacquaio.

Floyd-Castillo was an either way fight.
                Yes stupid comparison

The media is hardly an endorsement, it does figure into the whole picture regarding a decision though, fair enough...

No, that was not an either way fight. It may not have been a robbery but Floyd was handed a gift, points deducted, etc lol.

If Floyd had otherwise been dominant in his so called unification quest, I would not even respond to this: Every fighter deserves a few breaks... Ward, who I am a big fan of certainly got a break in that first Kovalev fight... BUt Floyd has a pattern of needing the judges in wins that are hardly convincing. Oscar, Madianna, Castillo, etc. it makes one reflect on what Floyd would look like against a guy who fought other prime ATG's at the best weight for each.

Oh and in this day and age a guy like Broner can claim to be a multiple champ, that does not speak to the difficulty of unification, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Genraro was no where near shot.

Are you aware why it was his last fight?

Baldomir shot??? That's a new one.
                  Hernandez was done. Already beaten by DLH. Funny you think Baldomir was a young lion with 9 losses. I expect nothing less from the Pom-Pom shakers.

Comment

Hernandez was done. Already beaten by DLH. Funny you think Baldomir was a young lion with 9 losses. I expect nothing less from the Pom-Pom shakers.
                    No shame in losing to De La Hoya. Above his weight class also.

Genaro was no where near done as a fighter. You have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Yes stupid comparison

The media is hardly an endorsement, it does figure into the whole picture regarding a decision though, fair enough...

No, that was not an either way fight. It may not have been a robbery but Floyd was handed a gift, points deducted, etc lol.

If Floyd had otherwise been dominant in his so called unification quest, I would not even respond to this: Every fighter deserves a few breaks... Ward, who I am a big fan of certainly got a break in that first Kovalev fight... BUt Floyd has a pattern of needing the judges in wins that are hardly convincing. Oscar, Madianna, Castillo, etc. it makes one reflect on what Floyd would look like against a guy who fought other prime ATG's at the best weight for each.

Oh and in this day and age a guy like Broner can claim to be a multiple champ, that does not speak to the difficulty of unification, just saying.
                      It was an either way fight and Floyd had a point deducted himself in that fight so your point deductions comment makes no sense.

How is two fights out of 50 a pattern? Maidana and Castillo were his only two either way fights and he rematched both. That's not a pattern.

Broner has never been Lineal Champion so yet another poor comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X