This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    I don’t see how anyone could seriously debate Marciano or his resume being better. Mayweather beat like 25 world champion top level fighters across 5 divisions and 20 years and is on a totally different level as far as skill is concerned. Not to say Rocky was a bum or anything like that but I wouldn’t compare his career accomplishments to Floyds just because they have similar records. He might be more well liked because a lot of people dislike Floyd but let’s be real if they were the same size and you had to bet your life on the winner every single one of you would back Mayweather.
    This is where trying to compare little guys to HW's becomes difficult. Marciano had one title to fight for, in one division. There was nowhere for him to go once he won that title so you can only defend it.

HW is basically a different sport.

Not questioning the fact Mayweather was greater fighter P4P, but using that line of reasoning is unfair imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
      Marciano knocked out heavyweights and those names include greats such as Louis, Charles, Walcott and Moore. Regardless of where these fighters may have been in their respective careers, they were still great fighters. Keeping that in mind, Mayweather's best wins have been Oscar DLH, Pacquiao, Mosley and Cotto.

There is no doubt Marciano's best wins are better, made ever more superior by the fact that they were fought at heavyweight, the blue ribbon division if you will and all ended in knockout. Mayweather was content with edging past his opponents, in lackluster affairs.
      This bolded part: I think regardless of whether we are talking about Marciano, Ward, or comparing Floyd at any level we have to consider that particularly when Floyd moved up in weight, he did not dominate the competition. This includes of course fights where the judges determined a close decision even at Floyd's prime. Some fighters like Jones, or Robinson for example, were dominant in their reigns, regardless of the level of competition they faced. With Jones the caveat being his later losses.

Marciano seldom left a question regarding who won his fights... Charles gave him some fits lol and of course La starza but generally speaking he was dominant. These are things that could be compared.

Comment

Each of them have resumes that are less impressive once you start peeling the onion and really examining their opponents and the points in their careers at which they fought. Marciano beats Louis, Charles 2X, and Walcott...all great HWs, except none of them were in their prime when he beat them. One could argue that Charles was still relatively game and prime, but he was never the same fighter after he killed a guy in the ring. He lost that killer instinct. He had Rocky banged up good, but couldn't finish him.

That said, Rocky was a small HW, and was always at a size disadvantage going into a fight. He had little to no amateur experience. He got a late start in boxing and it was his heart, determination, chin and resilience that took him as far as he went.

Mayweather's resume is stacked with big names, but they were never at their best. At least not the biggest name such as DLH, Pac, Cotto, Alvarez). Or, they were hyped up to be better and bigger than they really were (Ortiz, Guerrero, Berto, Hatton, Baldomir, Maidana). But, he also won titles in multiple divisions.

So each 49-0 has some holes in them.

From the perspective of boxing skill, and P4P, Mayweather is the better boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Lmao at this dude.

What in their prime fighter did Marciano beat?
          Which fighters did he avoid would be a more relevant question.
          (The answer is none you disgusting mother****er)

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          He didn't have any reason to fight them really... They were tough unorthodox opponents and not prime ATG opponents. It would not have affected his legacy materially.
          Is this answer supposed to be a parody of a f-l-o-m-o?
          Seriously?

If you're actually being serious then my reply should probably just be **** you and **** your c*nting family.

He didn't have any reason to fight them really...
          But he had plenty of reason I'm sure to fight Henry Bruselles and the bloated corpse of Sharmba Mitchell.
          And all the other bums and has beens he fought.

Fighting bum a*s Zab Judah coming of a loss then calling
          calling yourself undisputed welterweight champion is a b*tch move plain and simple. Not to mention the fight was a flop. The Judah fight brings me to my next point you c*cksucker...

They were tough unorthodox opponents and not prime ATG opponents. It would not have affected his legacy materially.
          You see now this is full of contradictions you lying disingenuous mother****er!

How can one be an ATG themself if they duck tough opponents?

They were tough unorthodox opponents
          It would not have affected his legacy materially.
          These statements are incompatible...

You can't be the undisputed champion If others are their to dispute it with belts and reputations of their own.

C*nts like you are the reason boxing is down the ****ter.
          Because you have an agenda you'll let fighters and promoter get away with anything......

History section has become worse and worse over the years. NSB is waaay better. That's not hyperbole either.
          At least NSB Isn't an echo chamber.
          Last edited by lightsout_finit; 10-25-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
            Which fighters did he avoid would be a more relevant question.
            (The answer is none you disgusting mother****er)

Is this answer supposed to be a parody of a f-l-o-m-o?
            Seriously?

If you're actually being serious then my reply should probably just be **** you and **** your c*nting family.

But he had plenty of reason I'm sure to fight Henry Bruselles and the bloated corpse of Sharmba Mitchell.
            And all the other bums and has beens he fought.

Fighting bum a*s Zab Judah coming of a loss then calling
            calling yourself undisputed welterweight champion is a b*tch move plain and simple. Not to mention the fight was a flop. The Judah fight brings me to my next point you c*cksucker...

You see now this is full of contradictions you lying disingenuous mother****er!

How can one be an ATG themself if they duck tough opponents?

These statements are incompatible...

You can't be the undisputed champion If others are their to dispute it with belts and reputations of their own.

C*nts like you are the reason boxing is down the ****ter.
            Because you have an agenda you'll let fighters and promoter get away with anything......

History section has become worse and worse over the years. NSB is waaay better. That's not hyperbole either.
            At least NSB Isn't an echo chamber.

So if Floyd beats margarito, how does that affect his place as an ATG? Care to comment?

You are having an argument with yourself regarding some of Floyd's opposition, actually the Judah fight, where Judah was past it, cost Floyd a bit of credability the truth be told.

Well... you can curse away from mom's bsmnt where it is safe and nobody will call you on it, but the fact remains that regardless of how or why, Floyd never fought an ATG who was prime... but he also did not exactly duck people the way idiots like you think he did. Floyd also did not always dominate his opposition which I think should figure into whether he is atg or not... I actually think Ward might shape out to be stronger but thats just me.

Have a nice day, don't be afraid to part the curtains in the basement and let some light in.

Comment

So if Floyd beats margarito, how does that affect his place as an ATG? Care to comment?

You are having an argument with yourself regarding some of Floyd's opposition, actually the Judah fight, where Judah was past it, cost Floyd a bit of credability the truth be told.

Well... you can curse away from mom's bsmnt where it is safe and nobody will call you on it, but the fact remains that regardless of how or why, Floyd never fought an ATG who was prime... but he also did not exactly duck people the way idiots like you think he did. Floyd also did not always dominate his opposition which I think should figure into whether he is atg or not... I actually think Ward might shape out to be stronger but thats just me.

Have a nice day, don't be afraid to part the curtains in the basement and let some light in.
              Cowardly and pathetic comeback from a spin doctor with a cowardly and pathetic agenda.

He wouldn't beat him, that's the point.
              Floyd would get mauled and killed like it was a wild animal attack.

Nothing in Floyds history suggests he could beat Margarito.
              History suggests the opposite.
              He lost to Castillo and Maidana......

but he also did not exactly duck people the way idiots like you think he did.
              This is why I called you a liar.
              It's because you tell lies.

don't be afraid to part the curtains in the basement and let some light in.
              You have over 6000 posts since 2012
              I have been here since 2011 and only just got over the 1000 mark.

Jus sayin nerd...

Comment

Cowardly and pathetic comeback from a spin doctor with a cowardly and pathetic agenda.

He wouldn't beat him, that's the point.
                Floyd would get mauled and killed like it was a wild animal attack.

Nothing in Floyds history suggests he could beat Margarito.
                History suggests the opposite.
                He lost to Castillo and Maidana......

This is why I called you a liar.
                It's because you tell lies.

You have over 6000 posts since 2012
                I have been here since 2011 and only just got over the 1000 mark.

Jus sayin nerd...
                I just love it when an idiot resorts to ad hominem attacks it shows how bad they lost the argument....thank you idiot, may you be blessed by the sperm juice that flies down the steps from mom's bedroom into the basement as you type away blissfully. And always remember these wise words, be nice to Boyfriend or he might turn the internet off again!

Comment

I just love it when an idiot resorts to ad hominem attacks it shows how bad they lost the argument....thank you idiot, may you be blessed by the sperm juice that flies down the steps from mom's bedroom into the basement as you type away blissfully. And always remember these wise words, be nice to Boyfriend or he might turn the internet off again!

You spew lies and bull**** then claim you "won" something.....

You're entire argument hinges on false hindsight.
                  And you ignore the Castillo and Maidana facts.

Maywether ducked marg and williams
                  deal with it

And I'm not the one who spends all his time on the internet trying to convince people with bull**** propaganda.

6000 posts.
                  Get a life son!
                  More to the world than sitting on the internet lying about your favorite boxer to strangers.

I mean 6000 posts.
                  You sad disgusting piece of dog****

Comment

You spew lies and bull**** then claim you "won" something.....

You're entire argument hinges on false hindsight.
                    And you ignore the Castillo and Maidana facts.

Maywether ducked marg and williams
                    deal with it

And I'm not the one who spends all his time on the internet trying to convince people with bull**** propaganda.

6000 posts.
                    Get a life son!
                    More to the world than sitting on the internet lying about your favorite boxer to strangers.

I mean 6000 posts.
                    You sad disgusting piece of dog****
                    I also spend months at a time off the site care to comment since you are stalker/social director?
                    Don't you have better things to do than bother a respectable poster and get owned? oh maybe not never mind.

I like to post here sorry if that bothers you loser... why don't you get a hobby? boxing is not your forte though...

By the way... why is it that idiots always get it wrong about who they are critical of... I have Freedom calling me a rascist because of my avatar, and you thinking i am some fan of Mayweather. If you really gave a **** about what I think of Mayweather you would find I am ambivalent about his status. yeah hes ATG but I have no desire to say that he won the Castillo fight or, for that matter the Madianna fight...or even that he definitely beat De La Hoya.

You see how stupid it looks when you don't research your haterade flavors? Floyd was great at 130 and around... And yes he cherry picked, BUT it doesn't really matter to me because WHY is simply not as important as the fact that he did not fight pacquio, who I do not think he beat... when they both were at their best.

So how stupid does it feel to make assumptions about other posters? jackwad.
                    Last edited by billeau2; 10-25-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I also spend months at a time off the site care to comment since you are stalker/social director?
                      Don't you have better things to do than bother a respectable poster and get owned? oh maybe not never mind.

I like to post here sorry if that bothers you loser... why don't you get a hobby? boxing is not your forte though...
                      I can see why you like maywether.

You both like to invent victories when you lose.

respectable poster? You are a f*ggot and a coward.
                      **** your family.

I also spend months at a time off the site care to comment
                      No you don't you just switch accounts.
                      That or your family can't afford electricity all year round.

Next blackout I hope one of you dies from freezing to death..

Comment

Working...
                      X