Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs Prime Evander Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evander got schooled on the insiude by Bowe and we all know who the P4p inside fighter is on this one

Comment

I was thinking about this fight today. It's an awesome match up.

Frazier was relentless, Holyfield took such a good punch.

Massive hearts, good output.

If I have to pick, I say Holyfield by counter punching to a close decision, but it's a true pick'em fight.

Comment

Great, great match up! damn!

Holyfield has a high work rate, can box or tough it out and moved well too. He loved to get into a real fight and cause some havoc, bouncing in and out of range but often getting caught. If frazier could catch Ali with that left hook, he'd catch Holyfield and as the fight wore on, Holyfield's punch resistance would soften and I see him getting stopped, possibly by the 9th.

I can't see this going the distance, people tend to forget Frazier is one of the hardest hitting heavies ever, coupled with great handspeed, good in ring know how and underrated defense.

Comment

I got Holyfield winning a decision. I can see him winning early with a mid range game and having a bigger body I see him being intelligent and bearing his weight on Frazier on the inside. No need for him to take unnecessary punishment especially knowing the caliber of fighter he's going against. I could be wrong though. I do think Frazier adapts later, but Holyfield would be up by a significant margin to get a UD.

Comment

Great Matchup.......

Great matchup here. Frazier was a great fighter BUT he wasn't a complete fighter. Holyfield was a special fighter and that's the difference. Holyfield was the best combination punching heavy I've ever seen. He was one of the fastest as well. He, along with Frazier, were two of the best left-hookers the division ever witnessed. Holyfield was a complete fighter. He had a great jab, great hand-speed, great legs, counter-punching, heart, will, granite chin. What it comes down to sometimes, is who can do more in the ring. In that case, Holyfield wins a war where he would box at times and brawl at times. His inside game was as good as Frazier's; Frazier would have no advantage against Evander. Evander's power against guys his size or smaller, increased. You really saw how strong he was fighting guys near his size. His left hook could drop ANYBODY. The Real Deal by decision.

Comment

Man what a great match up! I can't believe I thought about these too fighting each other before. First off Holyfield and Frazier have great chins and I don't see either of them scoring a knockout on each other. What I do see is Frazier controlling the tempo of the fight, trying to cut off the ring and forcing Holyfield on the ropes. Holyfield will weaken Frazier as the middle rounds end and I see Holyfield racking up on more points whilst taking over the score cards. If it's a 12 round fight I have it Holyfield SD or UD. If its a 15 round fight I have it Frazier UD or late TKO because I think Frazier would out hustle him down the final stretch. I think a TKO is possible because Frazier would have been hitting Holyfield with some powerful shots the entire fight and he might get a stoppage. But I mean what the hell do I know, Holyfield may just muscle him around the ring he entire night and dominate.

Comment

Frazier might eek it on workrate. Both guys would find the mark often enough to do heavy damage but i think both their chins hold up.

Comment

If this fight happened, this would rival gatti ward. Holyfield is the smarter fighter and would definitely use it in the early rounds lol but with these 2 guys they are destined to bring the fireworks. I do think though that holyfields strength will be a factor. My mind goes with a holyfield UD but then again were talking SMOKIN Joe Frazier here, he will be on you to the final bell with crazy conditioning, pressure and I honestly don't have a clue who would dominate on the inside and I agree with the people who favour joe in 15. What a fight

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                    If this fight happened, this would rival gatti ward. Holyfield is the smarter fighter and would definitely use it in the early rounds lol but with these 2 guys they are destined to bring the fireworks. I do think though that holyfields strength will be a factor. My mind goes with a holyfield UD but then again were talking SMOKIN Joe Frazier here, he will be on you to the final bell with crazy conditioning, pressure and I honestly don't have a clue who would dominate on the inside and I agree with the people who favour joe in 15. What a fight
                    I don't agree with that, I think Joe had more ring savvy. There are few offensive fighters as intelligent as Joe in the ring.

Comment

I'm talking about coming in with a game plan, I can't see joe coming up with a master game plan in this fight

Comment

Working...
                      X