Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
    That sums it up nicely....

I'm a Margarito fan and i always have been, but Tito would **** him
    up so bad and so fast it unreal. It would be comparable to the way Julian Jackson dispatched off simple styled tomato cans.
    LIGHTS OUT!!!!

Anyone who thinks Margarito would survive let alone win really has some learning to do.
    / thread....

Comment

I'm a longtime Margarito fan, but Trinidad tears him apart. Trinidad's only losses were to either slick or fast opponents. Margarito doesn't fit either description. This fight goes to the mid rounds with the ref or corner deciding that Margarito doesn't need to take any more massive punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        I'm a longtime Margarito fan, but Trinidad tears him apart. Trinidad's only losses were to either slick or fast opponents. Margarito doesn't fit either description. This fight goes to the mid rounds with the ref or corner deciding that Margarito doesn't need to take any more massive punishment.
        Exactly. Bernard Hopkins, Winky Wright, and Jones, Jr. are among the greatest in their generation. You could even put Oscar de la Hoya up there too because of his iffy decision loss against Trinidad.

If you had decent/great boxing skills and had a good chin, you could beat Trinidad by sticking to the plan!

Reminder of Trinidad's greatness: undefeated at 147, very good chin, massive heart, terrific stamina, catastrophic power in the left hook. If you planned on slugging with Trinidad, you had better made sure you had an iron gut and chin for twelve rounds.

It wasn't until 154 that Trinidad started getting really hurt and knocked down more often, but he still dispatched his opponents easily. Hell, I was just watching the David Reid fight yesterday and Reid was able to hold his own against Trinidad before the swift decline and accumulation of power wilted him down. A young baby Vargas gave Trinidad hell, and Vargas was more sound technically than Margarito. It took Tito to move up to 160 for him to FINALLY get knocked out...after taking a lot of punishment...ending in the FINAL round. He was never knocked out again. Tito was the real deal. His glaring flaw was that in all his losses, he showed failure to adapt. In other words, the fights he lost, he lost them big.

Take ANY version of Margarito and put it in with Trinidad at his best, Trinidad wins. It would be brutal while it lasted.
        Last edited by TintaBoricua; 10-20-2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Margarito was little more than a great chin? you serious? I don't think Margarito is made for Trinidad's style. Margarito has the ability to throw a hundred punches a round, there is no style he is tailor made for.
          Shane Mosley? And Tito was a harder and more accurate puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Shane Mosley? And Tito was a harder and more accurate puncher.
            Margarito clearly with the looming suspension all wasn't focused at all when he fought Mosley. Also Mosley and Trinidad's style are very different.

Comment

Margarito clearly with the looming suspension all wasn't focused at all when he fought Mosley. Also Mosley and Trinidad's style are very different.
              you.....

went green....

both styles require a man//opponent to box. it's the best course of action.

tito got smoked by good boxers (winky, hopkins, de la hoya for many rounds)

shane lost a UD on my card to sergio mora, and had trouble with cotto's boxing abilities, (and obviously mayweather's)

neither guy did well against a crafty boxer who didnt stand in front of him and trade.

they could, however, knock your head off. that was the intention.
              when people argue that the style matchup is wrong for margarito they are getting that point.

if you are up against a monster puncher who doesnt do well against boxers your best course of action is not to be a come forward fighter with slower hands and feet whose idea of sound defense is taking punches on his forehead.

margarito is not matched favorably against trinidad (or mosley) because of all of these factors.

Comment

Common misconception, Tito got smoked by guys much bigger and stronger then him, not guys who boxed(Camacho Whitaker DLH).

You seem to not be accounting for the fact that against Trinidad Margarito could easily get off 100 punches a round. For Trinidad to win he would have to fight behind his jab and stay out of the pocket. If it becomes a slugfest Margarito is pretty much the only welterweight I would pick over Trinidad because of the #1 iron chin #2 he is the same size #3 his punch output

Comment

Common misconception, Tito got smoked by guys much bigger and stronger then him, not guys who boxed(Camacho Whitaker DLH).

You seem to not be accounting for the fact that against Trinidad Margarito could easily get off 100 punches a round. For Trinidad to win he would have to fight behind his jab and stay out of the pocket. If it becomes a slugfest Margarito is pretty much the only welterweight I would pick over Trinidad because of the #1 iron chin #2 he is the same size #3 his punch output

de la hoya won more rounds than trinidad did, and he didnt do it by imposing phsyical strength. he outboxed him soundly. have you even see the fight? camacho and whitaker were not only smaller they were far past their best days.

winky wright was not much bigger and stronger than trinidad.
                  he used his skills and technical abilities and had him lost at sea
                  he didnt impose his strength

likewise with hopkins, he didnt impose his strength either. he took tito's power away

that's not why trinidad lost those fights, dude. vargas was more intent to impose himself physically, and surely you wont argue that he's less physical than wright

he got totally outclassed by better boxers, and not physically outmatched.

Comment

Mosley knocked Margarito out. So let's stop pretending that Margarito's chin couldn't be cracked. Margarito also lost to Paul Williams. So let's stop pretending he didn't lose before the Mosley fight. Don't waste time using the excuse about the hand wraps with me in the Mosley fight because I don't buy it. When it's time to fight, that's what a professional fighter does. Margarito was going to get his ass whipped that night regardless. The Trinidad fight would be more of the same and even more brutal. A slow, straight ahead style, never got it done against Trinidad and it wouldn't in this case either.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      [/U]

Mosley knocked Margarito out. So let's stop pretending that Margarito's chin couldn't be cracked. Margarito also lost to Paul Williams. So let's stop pretending he didn't lose before the Mosley fight. Don't waste time using the excuse about the hand wraps with me in the Mosley fight because I don't buy it. When it's time to fight, that's what a professional fighter does. Margarito was going to get his ass whipped that night regardless. The Trinidad fight would be more of the same and even more brutal. A slow, straight ahead style, never got it done against Trinidad and it wouldn't in this case either.
                      Paul Williams and Trinidad are basically polar opposites. Mosley was a huge underdog for a reason and it's the only significant fight he's won in years. Honestly even the most focused fighters are still human beings, Margarito knew he could of been banned from the sport, that could of been the last fight of his career its obvious Margarito wasn't fighting a 100% or anything close to it.

Trinidad like most guys has never fought some who can throw 100 punches a round, for that reason Trinidad can't slug with him and expect to win a decision.
                      Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 10-21-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X