Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito vs Tito Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for real? it would have been a sad night for mexico.

Comment

Margarito is made for someone like Tito. He's not going to out-box him and he's not going to KO him, so I can't see any way he wins. It'd be interesting to see whether Tito could KO him though.

Comment

margarito gets knocked out badly in his last fight

real talk, boyos. look what manny did to his face. one of his doctors advised him to end his career after the orbital bone and eye/retina injury

imagine what tito trinidad would do with a target like that.

if you cant get out of the way of trinidads stuff you were dead in the water. he would **** you up.
        headshots

tony's idea of getting defensive is tucking his chin and taking punches on the cheekbones and forehead
        Last edited by New England; 10-19-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
          LMFAO

A lot of Boricuas up in here.

But anyway, you have to be objective about this.

Tito Trinidad was undefeated at 147, had one-punch knockout power at that weight, was RARELY hurt, knocked down early often but he'd get up pissed off and fight more ferociously...I just can't see any version of Margarito beating Trinidad.

I remember being in awe of Margarito's chin after the Cotto/Margarito fight and a months later, some columnist from ESPN wrote a "How Margarito would've done against welterweights in history". I shook my head when I read that he would've stopped Tito somewhere during the middle/late rounds.

I mean, I gave Margarito all the credit in the world for beating Cotto, but that guy got a little ahead of himself that day.

OMFG, guys...I found the article...Tito's at #6.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3851437

Shaking my head at Tito's "suspect chin"...
          jesus christ... what a **** article

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
            jesus christ... what a **** article
            LOL

I know, right?

Stopping Benítez as well...

Even when Margarito was at the peak of his aura and popularity (after defeating Cotto), I never placed him THAT high. I gave him all credit and became a fan of him after that fight, but to jump the gun and place him among all-time greats...ugh-ugh. No...way.

Comment

LMFAO

A lot of Boricuas up in here.

But anyway, you have to be objective about this.

Tito Trinidad was undefeated at 147, had one-punch knockout power at that weight, was RARELY hurt, knocked down early often but he'd get up pissed off and fight more ferociously...I just can't see any version of Margarito beating Trinidad.

I remember being in awe of Margarito's chin after the Cotto/Margarito fight and a months later, some columnist from ESPN wrote a "How Margarito would've done against welterweights in history". I shook my head when I read that he would've stopped Tito somewhere during the middle/late rounds.

I mean, I gave Margarito all the credit in the world for beating Cotto, but that guy got a little ahead of himself that day.

OMFG, guys...I found the article...Tito's at #6.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3851437

Shaking my head at Tito's "suspect chin"...

Comment

Tito fu*ks Margarito up.

Margarito is tailor-made for Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  ^^^LMFAO!!!

Comment

!

^^^LMFAO!!!
                    Dude this is insane. According to that article Margarito KO Prime Trinidad in the 6 round, KO Prime Benitez in the 10th round, KO Prime De La Hoya in the 12th round I mean we ain't talking about a TKO we talking about a one shot KO for the 10 second count! and also according to the article he TKO Pipino Cuevas in the 8th!!! the dude is an ATG!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Would be an amazing fight but I think as a rule of thumb the great chin usually beats the great punch, its probable a 50/50 fight but if I absolutely had to pick it would be Margarito

Comment

Working...
                      X