No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito vs Tito Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Margarito vs Tito Trinidad

The Antonio Margarito who held the WBO Welterweight title from 2002-2007 facing a Felix Trinidad who held the IBF Welterweight title from 1993-1999. Stylistically this would be a great match up. Forget about past speculations on which one had loaded gloves, just straight up who would win? How and why?

both are preassure fighters, tito is the better boxer, tito has more power.

Tito by late KO....

Comment

Originally posted by GF of Boxing View Post
      The Antonio Margarito who held the WBO Welterweight title from 2002-2007 facing a Felix Trinidad who held the IBF Welterweight title from 1993-1999. Stylistically this would be a great match up. Forget about past speculations on which one had loaded gloves, just straight up who would win? How and why?
      Trinidad would knock Margarito out. Margarito's style plays right into Trinidad's hands and not even Margarito's chin would hold up to the flush bombs he would take from Trinidad.

Comment

not cuz im PRican but if anybody says that Margarito would whoop trinidad they're ******ed...

Comment

Slow guys who moved forward and took punches were dead meat against Tito, who was a toe-to-toe master.

Margarito's chin may have withstood a lot, but that would have resulted in his face getting blown to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
            Slow guys who moved forward and took punches were dead meat against Tito, who was a toe-to-toe master.

Margarito's chin may have withstood a lot, but that would have resulted in his face getting blown to bits.

true story right there.....

Comment

Their styles favors Tito all day long.

Comment

Margachito has no chance in hell. Tito's chin was sound and he could only be beaten by a better, more clever boxer than himself. Tito turns Margachito's face into a hamburger. Retirement after 10 rounds.

Comment

Tito would destroy him in brutal fashion,he struggled against good boxers,but would have no issue against a face first fighter like marg

Comment

LMFAO

A lot of Boricuas up in here.

But anyway, you have to be objective about this.

Tito Trinidad was undefeated at 147, had one-punch knockout power at that weight, was RARELY hurt, knocked down early often but he'd get up pissed off and fight more ferociously...I just can't see any version of Margarito beating Trinidad.

I remember being in awe of Margarito's chin after the Cotto/Margarito fight and a months later, some columnist from ESPN wrote a "How Margarito would've done against welterweights in history". I shook my head when I read that he would've stopped Tito somewhere during the middle/late rounds.

I mean, I gave Margarito all the credit in the world for beating Cotto, but that guy got a little ahead of himself that day.

OMFG, guys...I found the article...Tito's at #6.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3851437

Shaking my head at Tito's "suspect chin"...
                    Last edited by TintaBoricua; 10-19-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X