Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson vs. THE GREATS Pt. I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant believe people who say tyson had an average chin . Tyson took ruddocks bombs on the chin for 18 rounds and it didnt even faze him . The commentator during the ruddock fights even said tyson had an unbelievable chin , ruddock afterwards said he couldnt understand how tyson could take his punches without even blinking and the body shot that holyfield floored tyson with was a balance shot he caught tyson of balance when tyson was leaping in , the commentators even said it was a balance shot

Comment

Tysons chin was very good, great in my opinion.

Comment

Frazier was better than Tyson.

Tyson had a excellent chin, and was very hard to put down unless you caught him coming in, if you did he may buckle or go down, he can't handle that.

Foreman would crush Tyson, its like Taking Tyson, and taking all his skills and everything and turning it into raw power!

Comment

Frazier and Foreman would own tyson within 10 rounds. Hell, I give the old 40year old Foreman good odds against Tyson. Johnson, as others have said, was too small however. He would have too hard of a time dealing with Tyson's speed and power. Good post though.

Comment

only reason why holyfield didnt ko foreman was because he doesnt wants to. i couldnt watch the fight after 5 or 6 rounds. the betting foreman got from holyfield was just gore. he could had die no doubt. holyfield must be surpised how big heart foreman got.

Comment

FIGHT 1 : Mike Tyson vs. The IRS

In this fight, Mike tries to be clever and be a thinking fighter. He tries to blame Don King, but since his head is in his ass, he has no defense. The IRS comes out and removes his shorts and shoes right in the middle of the fight. They then take his stool as ge tries to return to his corner. Mike cannot quit on the stool this time. In frustration, he bites a fan. The IRS comes back at Mike and finishes him off with a sweeping left hook of his bank account. He's finished. IRS KO's Mike Tyson.

FIGHT 2: Mike Tyson vs. Jenna Jamison

This is a winnable fight for Mike. He comes out swinging his sword. Jamison counters with a quick head shot. Fearing for her life, Jenna tries to climb out of the ring ala Roberto Duran, but Mike grabs her and rapes her. In a shocker, the ref DQ's Mike for holding and hitting. Mike Tyson loses by a DQ to Jamison.

FIGHT 3:

Mike Tyson vs. Himself

Mike is having trouble figuring out his opponent in this fight. The guy keeps falling down on him, and Mike doesn't know what to think. They clash in the middle of the ring and bite each other's ears off. They can no longer hear the bell and they keep fighting up into the stands.

Both fighters are finally separated and they return to their corners. Being tired millionaires, they both simultaneously quit on their stools. The fight is a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by BAREKNUCKLES
                FIGHT 1 : Mike Tyson vs. The IRS

In this fight, Mike tries to be clever and be a thinking fighter. He tries to blame Don King, but since his head is in his ass, he has no defense. The IRS comes out and removes his shorts and shoes right in the middle of the fight. They then take his stool as ge tries to return to his corner. Mike cannot quit on the stool this time. In frustration, he bites a fan. The IRS comes back at Mike and finishes him off with a sweeping left hook of his bank account. He's finished. IRS KO's Mike Tyson.

FIGHT 2: Mike Tyson vs. Jenna Jamison

This is a winnable fight for Mike. He comes out swinging his sword. Jamison counters with a quick head shot. Fearing for her life, Jenna tries to climb out of the ring ala Roberto Duran, but Mike grabs her and rapes her. In a shocker, the ref DQ's Mike for holding and hitting. Mike Tyson loses by a DQ to Jamison.

FIGHT 3:

Mike Tyson vs. Himself

Mike is having trouble figuring out his opponent in this fight. The guy keeps falling down on him, and Mike doesn't know what to think. They clash in the middle of the ring and bite each other's ears off. They can no longer hear the bell and they keep fighting up into the stands.

Both fighters are finally separated and they return to their corners. Being tired millionaires, they both simultaneously quit on their stools. The fight is a draw.
                Nice...Very nice :P Holding and hitting...XD

Comment

еекоыкелн олледгжгж

Comment

Originally posted by tommyhearns804
                    You really can't have a decent convo with Muchmoore Skydog if you mention Tyson to him.
                    In his head Tyson never lost.In his mind Tyson could do anything.All Tyson fan boys are like this.Foreman has a great chin Tyson does not.Foreman showed he could knock out "World Class fighters" like Frazier,Norton and Lyle and Tyson has not.Tysons defense was good when?When he was fighing guys who didn't fight back.One you hit Tyson one time his head movements went out the window.Besides Lyle and Ali nobody else in Foremans prime really landed anything and when they did Foreman walk right through it.
                    Can you imagine Tyson being hit by Foreman for 7 rounds and not being knocked out?I doubt it.Morrison hits harder than Tyson does Muchmooore again just read what Ruddock said about Morrison and Tyson and then look at the results.Morrison knocked out Ruddock in 6 rounds which is quicker than Tyson did it.And did Morrison hurt Foreman?Nope and this was a weaker chin slower older Foreman.The younger one had a much better chin and was alot stronger.Tyson would be crushed like the coward he is.
                    Jack Johnson a good defensive fighter?Since when?fighters at that era threw one punch and then grabbed.How hard is it to avoid one punch at a time from the level of fighters he fought?Jack Johnson is a complete bum.The man had a fragile chin.He was knocked down and out by 170 pound fighter.Johnson avoided fighting any of the top black fighters once he got the title.Do you think he could just hold Tyson and smile and wear Tyson down?I doubt it.Tyson would jump all over this guy and knocked him out in no more than 2 rounds.
                    It is still amusing to me when ever you talk about Tyson some moron will bring up well before he lost Rooney nobody could beat him.Who the fuk did Tyson fight at that time to began with?Nobody but bums.So because Tyson beat up bums when Cus was alive and Rooney was his trainer that means he could never be beat huh?I could say well before Foreman got a big ego and fought Ali he was unbeatable because he never lost.I could say before Ali fought Frazier he was unbeatable because he never lost up into that point.The same with Frazier annd Foreman.Every fight can be beat and will be beat if they fight good opponents.Tyson fought nobody up until he fought Holyfield.Douglas was nothing special.He just showed if you had any skill at all and tried to use them against Tyson you will kick his ass.Holyfield showed how physically weak Tyson is.Anybody who tried to muscle Tyson around could.Rooney and Cus can't teach the ability to take a punch or have heart.
                    Anyway i everthing you said about Tyson vs Frazier is right on SkyDog so keep up the good work.
                    Foreman never fought anyone Frazier was done as a boxer after the first Ali fight. Tyson at21-0 was unstoppable thats when he had it together take him and put him against Foreman pre Ali. Tyson was too quick for him, besides when did foreman ever recieve a dose of his own medicine with more kick.

Comment

Originally posted by Warhawk46
                      Absolutely, Tyson was rocked by Frank Bruno, a very hard punching, if not entirely skilled heavyweight. In that sense he is like a Ron Lyle or an Ernie Shavers. I dont know who it was, but it may have been Tommyhearns...this guy does not know what he is talking about. His posts are rambling without a solid point while his supporting evidence is shakey.

For a knowledgable poster who disagrees with me, look to Yogi. The guy at least puts thought into what he writes and is able to support it intelligently. I may not always agree, but I can respect his points.

By the way, Tyson had an excellent chin. There is no other way to descibe it. Douglas beat on his ass for 10 rounds! Tyson put up hardly an defense. He was hit at will with the 1-2. It was a sad display to see a fighter of Tyson's former caliber so undisciplined and unprepared.

And to those of you who say Tyson never fought anyone...reality check: the 80s had a large supply of talented fighters. The problem was they did not have a person unifying the titles (something earlier greats didnt have to worry about). Holmes should have, but didnt. The 1980s was a strong decade with quality fighters. What makes them pale to the 1970s was that the fighters did not seem to have as much interest in unifying as they should have. But the decade was filled with big and skilled guys. Bigger guys than the 1970s. Think about it, Foreman was a monster at 6'4" and 225 lbs during his prime. Tyson fought several guys of similar size (and more actual skill). While Foreman is an all-time great (probably #4 or #5) he was sorely lacking in skill. I feel Tyson could have exploited this. Tyson, during his prime, employed angles better than Frazier did. His lateral footwork was impressive and his defense was much better than Joe's was.
                      Amen Brother Tyson had more stamina then Foreman who burned out past round 6 Tyson was getting beat for 10 rounds against Douglas and managed to KO him in the 9th I beleive he could have gotten to GF and he would have beaten frazier who was too slow.

Comment

Working...
                      X